Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
pebblez

Help! Save My Sofa!

I bought a 3+2 seater PU leather recliner sofa from Nova @ A-Z Building for $1800. Really regret. Have only been using it for abt 14mths, but the skin has been starting to crack a few months ago. Now it's getting worse & is starting to peel... I need advice on how to save my sofa from getting worse. :(

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

For geniune leather sofa, I use leather cleaner to clean and moisture the leather at least once every 3 months. Used to have one PU leather sofa, sit a while very warm. Once it start to crack, I think cannot stop liao. Or like how they do it on the old SBS buses, use a rubber piece to paste over the cracked area but of course that will be pretty ugly.

I feel very sorry for you. There are many people nowadays who sell cheap quality furniture and will tell u tat it is of very good quality. rather then asking people in the forum, why dont u start searching in the net for some companies tat do upholstery. Check them out yourself and decide which seems trustworthy and reliable. Remember there is no such thing as cheap and good.

I feel very sorry for you. There are many people nowadays who sell cheap quality furniture and will tell u tat it is of very good quality. rather then asking people in the forum, why dont u start searching in the net for some companies tat do upholstery. Check them out yourself and decide which seems trustworthy and reliable. Remember there is no such thing as cheap and good.

i dun think upholstery is worth cos its going to be very xpensive . all i can advicem is to find a better ones. after some research i think if a good leather sofa, u got to pay bit extra.

Yes tats true, no point reupholster bcos u dont know whether the wood they used on your old sofa will last as long. For all u noe that will be the next to crack up. Go to a few furniture areas like Enterprise one, Home station or parkmall and spend some time looking around. Be wary of persistent sales people, as these are the people that will promise the world just to make a sale. You just have to be smarter then them lah.

Cheers

Thanks guys. I learnt my lesson liao. Will be more careful next time. But then again, how careful can one be..? :unsure: Certain things are priced expensively, not becoz of the quality but due to the brand! U'll only know the truth once u've bought it... By then it's too late... Haiz..

PU has a great finishing, BUT lifespan's really short. If you're comparing synthetic to synthetic - PVC is a better choice, and cheaper.

Avoid PUs going forward - unless you intend to change your furniture every year or is meant for display only. Go for PVC or if budget allows, leather.

<Edited advertising>

Edited by zirhk3355

Hi. Just to give my 2 cents worth.....

Sorry to rub salt into the wound but You actually paid so much for a PU sofa and at Nova??? :bangwall:

There is no point in re-upholstery. It can cost up to 2/3 the price of a brand new one.

There are alot of Sales now. Do take the opportunity to shop around.

Cheers!

:seeya: