Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
simon7c

Where To Get Washing Machine / Dryer Pans?

Anybody knows where we can get a get washing machine & dryer pan / base?

I do not have a cement base so was looking ard for alternatives.

I chanced upon driptite but it seems that there's no local distributor here.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Anybody knows where we can get a get washing machine & dryer pan / base?

I do not have a cement base so was looking ard for alternatives.

I chanced upon driptite but it seems that there's no local distributor here.

Why do you need a drip pan ?

A washing machine is supposed to be waterproofed as far as its washing tank is concerned. If you fear leakage, better dump the washing machine and get a new one.

I have been using washing machines for the past 25 years without any cement base, why the need for a cement base in the first place? Make the washing machine taller ?

Just make sure you have a reliable washing machine that is used regularly and well maintained. Do not soak your clothes overnight in it. Do not overload it. Do not use ordinary detergents otherwise the suds will overflow into the drum mechanism and rust the bearings. Change the drainage pump every 3~5 years. Clear the lint deposit area monthly. Do not let water sit in any reservoirs,eg. gasket area or detergent / softener dispenser area.

actually i did not meant it as a leak guard but just to elevate it slightly so that when we wet wash the floor the washer base won't be exposed to the water.

Why do you need a drip pan ?

A washing machine is supposed to be waterproofed as far as its washing tank is concerned. If you fear leakage, better dump the washing machine and get a new one.

I have been using washing machines for the past 25 years without any cement base, why the need for a cement base in the first place? Make the washing machine taller ?

Just make sure you have a reliable washing machine that is used regularly and well maintained. Do not soak your clothes overnight in it. Do not overload it. Do not use ordinary detergents otherwise the suds will overflow into the drum mechanism and rust the bearings. Change the drainage pump every 3~5 years. Clear the lint deposit area monthly. Do not let water sit in any reservoirs,eg. gasket area or detergent / softener dispenser area.

actually i did not meant it as a leak guard but just to elevate it slightly so that when we wet wash the floor the washer base won't be exposed to the water.

I see ....! Do you wash the floor often ?

I have seen many homes with raised floor skirting to accomodate cabinets ,washing machine, refrigerator,etc. Many say it is for washing the floor. However, many do not wash their kitchen floor at all.

What I normally do is to mop the kitchen with soap water and then do a rinse twice. The underneaths of washing machines and refrigerators can be cleaned if you move it out once a year. A raised floor skirting doesn't solve the problem because dust and our 'cousins' get trap and die beneath these appliances.