Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
enrisa

What's Wrong? Plumbing / Tiling Or What?

I have this problem which nobody seems to know how to fix and I’m not sure if its even a plumbing problem or otherwise.

Here’s the situation: masterbedroom floor – wooden laminates squishes water whenever we step on them.

We tracked down the source (or so we thought) of where the water came from and it was the nearby wooden cornice which we notice was bulging and already ‘nua’ from the water seeping through it (just imagine a piece of wood being soaked in water and it gets bloated).

My wooden floor laminates (original from prev owner) kinda feels a bit bloated from the water underneath it but I have no clue where else the water can come from.

We called a plumber who immediately said it was an aircon leak. I called the aircon, we tore down a small section of the gypsum board coz we thought there was a leak/pipe there only to find there’s no pipe there!! The aircon guy says one small corner of the floor (between the tile of my MB bathroom and wall) was wet.

So I have to find someone to come and inspect and since the aircon is now ruled out I’m wondering what else can it be? The aircon guy (dunno if he knows what he’s talking) says it could be water-proofing of my MB bathroom! My MB bathroom pipes are all concealed and I can’t imagine there be pipes on the floor of my bathroom (my MB bathroom is about 5cm elevated above the floor of my MB).

If anyone staying in redhill has this problem, please let me know? Sigh … or if you have any good plumber/tiler who can diagnose such problem please let me know.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request