Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
CuteHoneyDew

Brandt Vs Boush Buit-in Oven & Sharp Steam Oven

Hi All,

Till now, I still didn't get the CLEAR answer for my querries & I really need to have the RIGHT advice in order to make my decisions :-

(i) Bosch Eco Cleaning HBA23B550J ($1160), Brandt Pyrolitic FP867sx1 ($1700) & Sharp Helsio Steam Oven ($1100).

Which 1 is d BEST of all in terms of baking cakes, pau, bun, bread, grilling, pizza, roast chicken, baked rice, etc ? Can Helsio do those besides for steam fish / veg ?

(ii) Bosch (13AMP) using 3D hot air. What is 3D hot air ? Unstand that it does not as hot as the Brandt oven that using Top, Bottom heat with fan. Does that mean Bosch using

MORE electricity in baking cakes & grilling ?

(iii) Bosch only 5 cooking modes : 5 cooking programs:

Grilling,

Hot air grilling - great for meat or poultry where a rotisserie effect is required,

Bottom heat - good for blind baking and bain-marie cooking,

Hot air cooking,

Conventional top & bottom heat.

Q: Can they bake a GOOD Pizza ??? My girls love pizza & I can only buy 1 oven that hopefully allows me to do ALL things that I want.

(iv) Brandt Pyro oven (15AMP) known as EASY cook oven with 9 Cooking Modes:

• Circulating Heat

• Traditional Eco

• Traditional

• Traditional Pulsed

• Pulsed Bottom Element

• Pulsed Grill

• High Grill

• Grill + Rotisserie

• Low Temperature stabilisation

Q: What is the function of "Turnspit" for in Brandt oven ? Does Boush have such similar function too ?

Bosch only have 5 functions. Is it SUFFICIENT if I choose Boush ?

Can HDB E-Flat that caters 13AMP allowed to use the 15AMP built-in oven ? I'm very CONFUSE abt these as some say "YES" but some say "NO".

In order to buy a built-in oven, I've to look for a carpenter to custome make a built-in kitchen cabinet of (100 x 60 x 142)cm that will cost $600.

Therefore, I'm thinking of buying Helsio table top Steam Oven that does NOT require those troubles & additional expenses. However, I already have

a National Dimention 4 Microwave/Convection Oven. Will that Helsio consider redundant item that more or less d SAME function like my Microwave oven ?

Thinking of looking for Helsio demo but cldn't find such demo.

Wd appreciated if any EXPERTS that cld ADVICE me on the above matters ! I'm very much keen towards baking cakes, buns, pizza & once a term for grilling chicken

or roasted pork.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I am using Brandt 811 for last 6 months and am quite happy with it. No problems using 15amp appliance in HDB flat with 13 amp. It should not be the other way round. If your appliance limit is less than the mains, then there is a chance of the appliance shorting.

Fan and 3D are just different names for convection cooking. Both Bosch and Brandt are equally good in terms of performance. In my case, I chose Brandt as I wanted bottom heating for pies and tarts. If you do not need that function, then Bosch should work equally well.

As far as pyrolytic heating is concerned, its extremely useful, if you roast or bake meats and poultry regularly. If you can afford a model with pyrolytic heating and need the function, you should go for it.

As far as cabinet is concerned, my kitchen did not have existing built-in space so I bought the cabinet from Ikea (it cost me 200 odd with a storage cabinet). My husband installed the oven, himself. Its actually quite easy (thanks to the Mega Discount Store salesman who explained the simple procedure to us). Just need two (preferably three) people to insert it carefully in the space and then secure the screws to the cabinet. No need to spend on costly carpentry or pay a contractor for that.

Best is make a list of what you need, what you might need in future, check reviews and buy the best you can afford. Do check on after sales service, too.

I am using Brandt 811 for last 6 months and am quite happy with it. No problems using 15amp appliance in HDB flat with 13 amp. It should not be the other way round. If your appliance limit is less than the mains, then there is a chance of the appliance shorting.

Fan and 3D are just different names for convection cooking. Both Bosch and Brandt are equally good in terms of performance. In my case, I chose Brandt as I wanted bottom heating for pies and tarts. If you do not need that function, then Bosch should work equally well.

As far as pyrolytic heating is concerned, its extremely useful, if you roast or bake meats and poultry regularly. If you can afford a model with pyrolytic heating and need the function, you should go for it.

As far as cabinet is concerned, my kitchen did not have existing built-in space so I bought the cabinet from Ikea (it cost me 200 odd with a storage cabinet). My husband installed the oven, himself. Its actually quite easy (thanks to the Mega Discount Store salesman who explained the simple procedure to us). Just need two (preferably three) people to insert it carefully in the space and then secure the screws to the cabinet. No need to spend on costly carpentry or pay a contractor for that.

Best is make a list of what you need, what you might need in future, check reviews and buy the best you can afford. Do check on after sales service, too.

Thx 4yr infor :)

BTW did U need to look for an electrician to fix a special plug that allowing U to plug yr 15amp oven ?

Thx 4yr infor :)

BTW did U need to look for an electrician to fix a special plug that allowing U to plug yr 15amp oven ?

No special plug is needed. The oven plug is used directly in the HDB socket. Don't worry about the electrical compatibility, unless its a US or Canada company. European appliances and Singapore ones use the same convention.

The only problem we had in installing the built in oven was adjusting the Ikea cabinet to size. Though they say its standard, we had to make some height adjustments while actually fitting the oven. In case you are planning on DIY both cabinet as well as oven fitting, its better to wait till you get the oven, before assembling the cabinet.

Hi All,

Till now, I still didn't get the CLEAR answer for my querries & I really need to have the RIGHT advice in order to make my decisions :-

(i) Bosch Eco Cleaning HBA23B550J ($1160), Brandt Pyrolitic FP867sx1 ($1700) & Sharp Helsio Steam Oven ($1100).

Which 1 is d BEST of all in terms of baking cakes, pau, bun, bread, grilling, pizza, roast chicken, baked rice, etc ? Can Helsio do those besides for steam fish / veg ?

(ii) Bosch (13AMP) using 3D hot air. What is 3D hot air ? Unstand that it does not as hot as the Brandt oven that using Top, Bottom heat with fan. Does that mean Bosch using

MORE electricity in baking cakes & grilling ?

(iii) Bosch only 5 cooking modes : 5 cooking programs:

Grilling,

Hot air grilling - great for meat or poultry where a rotisserie effect is required,

Bottom heat - good for blind baking and bain-marie cooking,

Hot air cooking,

Conventional top & bottom heat.

Q: Can they bake a GOOD Pizza ??? My girls love pizza & I can only buy 1 oven that hopefully allows me to do ALL things that I want.

(iv) Brandt Pyro oven (15AMP) known as EASY cook oven with 9 Cooking Modes:

• Circulating Heat

• Traditional Eco

• Traditional

• Traditional Pulsed

• Pulsed Bottom Element

• Pulsed Grill

• High Grill

• Grill + Rotisserie

• Low Temperature stabilisation

Q: What is the function of "Turnspit" for in Brandt oven ? Does Boush have such similar function too ?

Bosch only have 5 functions. Is it SUFFICIENT if I choose Boush ?

Can HDB E-Flat that caters 13AMP allowed to use the 15AMP built-in oven ? I'm very CONFUSE abt these as some say "YES" but some say "NO".

In order to buy a built-in oven, I've to look for a carpenter to custome make a built-in kitchen cabinet of (100 x 60 x 142)cm that will cost $600.

Therefore, I'm thinking of buying Helsio table top Steam Oven that does NOT require those troubles & additional expenses. However, I already have

a National Dimention 4 Microwave/Convection Oven. Will that Helsio consider redundant item that more or less d SAME function like my Microwave oven ?

Thinking of looking for Helsio demo but cldn't find such demo.

Wd appreciated if any EXPERTS that cld ADVICE me on the above matters ! I'm very much keen towards baking cakes, buns, pizza & once a term for grilling chicken

or roasted pork.

Hi,

Bosch HBA23B550.

3D Hot Air Cooking is a new technology from bosch for ovens. You can use it for pizza, cakes and all kinds of dishes.

With 3D hot air, the upper and lower elements plus and additional element around the fan work together to distribute the heat evenly in the oven. you can cook up to 3 levels.

In fact Bosch oven uses less power than any other brands.

The turnspit funtion on the Brandt oven is use if you want to do grilling with the rotiserie. it will turn the food. Etc. Chicken.

For bosch, the turnspit is not require because the hot air is turning. If you look at Bosch oven, the back panel come with sophisticated system of hot air outlets to ensure an even heat distribution, not like other brands.

The Grill With Fan function is special from Bosch. The grill and the fan work alternately which result in even crisp food and uses less amount of power.

Bosch HBA23B550 comes with a Eco-Clean Panel at the inner back of the oven which you can use it for Self Cleaning. It can be upgrade if you buy the other sides of the panel from BOsch which consist of the left, right, and the top. How to use the Self Clean?

The self clean function consist of 3 level.

I. 45 minutes

II. 60 minutes

III. 75 minutes

The oven will uses HOTAIR 270 degree cel. to absorb and burn. It uses less power if you compare with a Pyro Clean oven. (500 Dgre) Thats why pyro oven needs at least 15amp to 16amp plug. if you want to use up to 500 degree cel. you need more power. You cannot activate the pyro cleaning function if your oven cannot heat up to 500 Degree Cel.

So, you can also imagine, if you're actually baking or grill at 270 degree, the EcoClean Panel is also doing the cleaning for you at the same time.

This model come with 13amp plug, you don't need to change anything. Which will not affect your warranty if something goes wrong.

Best thing is, now Bosch come with 2 years warranty.

So i suggest you buy Bosch.

Cheers,

Henry Bong

Hi,

Bosch HBA23B550.

3D Hot Air Cooking is a new technology from bosch for ovens. You can use it for pizza, cakes and all kinds of dishes.

With 3D hot air, the upper and lower elements plus and additional element around the fan work together to distribute the heat evenly in the oven. you can cook up to 3 levels.

In fact Bosch oven uses less power than any other brands.

The turnspit funtion on the Brandt oven is use if you want to do grilling with the rotiserie. it will turn the food. Etc. Chicken.

For bosch, the turnspit is not require because the hot air is turning. If you look at Bosch oven, the back panel come with sophisticated system of hot air outlets to ensure an even heat distribution, not like other brands.

The Grill With Fan function is special from Bosch. The grill and the fan work alternately which result in even crisp food and uses less amount of power.

Bosch HBA23B550 comes with a Eco-Clean Panel at the inner back of the oven which you can use it for Self Cleaning. It can be upgrade if you buy the other sides of the panel from BOsch which consist of the left, right, and the top. How to use the Self Clean?

The self clean function consist of 3 level.

I. 45 minutes

II. 60 minutes

III. 75 minutes

The oven will uses HOTAIR 270 degree cel. to absorb and burn. It uses less power if you compare with a Pyro Clean oven. (500 Dgre) Thats why pyro oven needs at least 15amp to 16amp plug. if you want to use up to 500 degree cel. you need more power. You cannot activate the pyro cleaning function if your oven cannot heat up to 500 Degree Cel.

So, you can also imagine, if you're actually baking or grill at 270 degree, the EcoClean Panel is also doing the cleaning for you at the same time.

This model come with 13amp plug, you don't need to change anything. Which will not affect your warranty if something goes wrong.

Best thing is, now Bosch come with 2 years warranty.

So i suggest you buy Bosch.

Cheers,

Henry Bong

Thx 4yr explanations on Bosch :)

Bosch HBA23B550J (Retail Price : $1299; can get it at $1160) indeed came with only 13amp BUT only 5 cooking programmes ie FAN, TOP & BOTTOM, GRILL with FAN, GRILL .

Q: Ariston OS99 DP OPEN SPACE Pyrolytic Oven (15amp) now got promotion at only $1680 with a FREE juice blender. Most importantly with 10 cooking programmes for

ppl that doesn't know well abt baking. If I buy Pyro Oven BUT do baking, I supposed that d electric consumption will b d same as Bosch. The 15amp will only concern

when I perform d Pyro cleaning that required up to 500 degree heat. Am I right ? Yesterday I went to Bosch factory to make enquiry. The lady told me that as long as

I use d plug that "by itself" ie not a sharing lines, then it shdn't hav any prob by using d 15amp oven.

13amp is GD if due to budget BUT I am looking towards long-term basis whr might move towards grilling, roasting, etc. I wd rather pay few hundred extra for self-cleaning

instd of CHANGING panels every 2-3yrs with $150-$180. Mayb I'm a bit greedy..... just wanted to get MORE functions rather than a BASIC one that will make me regret in

another few more yrs later. So, any1 can give feedback on Ariston OS99 oven ???