Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
deaniz

How Much Would This Roughly Cost? (hack Wall And Put Up Glass)

Hi All,

Appreciate if anyone can tell me how much would it cost to transform one bedroom to something like this?

Blk_390_Bukit_Batok_4_.JPG

I recently collected my keys to a brand new standard flat. our living hall is so small that we were wondering if we can hack down part of the wall and put up glass to open up the area a little bit. Also, is hacking even allowed for a new flat?

Anyone? comments, please? :P

TIA~

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi All,

Appreciate if anyone can tell me how much would it cost to transform one bedroom to something like this?

Blk_390_Bukit_Batok_4_.JPG

I recently collected my keys to a brand new standard flat. our living hall is so small that we were wondering if we can hack down part of the wall and put up glass to open up the area a little bit. Also, is hacking even allowed for a new flat?

Anyone? comments, please? :P

TIA~

Hmm... from my home reno experience, the glass of that size would easily cost $600-$800. (The glass door (standard door size)to my kitchen cost $400). Hacking of wall + removal of debris + rework (can bargain for free) should roughly be ard $1.5k - $2k depending on the scale of the work involved.

A thing to note when considering hacking any wall is the resale value of the house, that is, if you intend to sell it later on. If the hacking and reno is done tastefully, it might increase the value of the house. If, the new buyer appreciate it...

However, most owner would prefer the house to be in original state so that they can design their own home etc. Just sharing my thoughts and experience. Hope it helps : )