Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Tong

Please Read This Thread Before You Decide To Buy From Morris Lifestyle

Dont ever buy anything from Morris Lifestyle...they are not reliable.

Went to them to get my furniture in late May for move in late July/early Aug. Chose a 3+2 sofa, coffee table, tv console, bed frame and dining table plus 6 chairs for 5k...I thought it was a bargain and they said they can do 12 mths installment. Out of greed and convenience as we needed cash for reno, we opted for the installment plan. They told me to give them 6 weeks to arrange for delivery.

Happily in Mid June, I gave them a call and they told me my couch werent ready and that it will only come in early Aug. They told me they will call me in 2 weeks before delivery to confirm the items. Not sensing anything i agree to it.

Come Mid July, no one from Morris Lifestyle called so naturally i gave them a friendly buzz... The story they gave me left me in shock... They said this time...My Dining Chairs are not ready and it will only be shipped in SEPTEMBER!! Worst off, according to the sales agent by the name of Kevin I will only be moving in OCTOBER which was clearly not so as we've told him we are moving in late July/early Aug. I was totally in shock and I requested for an explanation which the customer service lady could not provide. I called Kevin the sales agent 20 over times and he did answer his phone...

Finally, I've decide to go down to Morris Lifestyle in Marsiling which is VERY far from most of our work place. Upon arrival, I made a din there and requested to see their boss. I was refused but they could not provide a solution. However I argue, they could not provide an explanation on why the shipment of the dining chairs are late or why the answers for the 2 calls does not tally. Finally, I threatened to report this to CASE, put up a small claim and write an article to the local papers (which i have contact with). They gave in...Dont ask me how, dont ask me why...Miraculously, they could deliver the dining chairs much earlier in late July. I questioned them as to why the sudden change in shipment date, the merely put it off as communication problem.

Till this point I'm already worn out and accepted their proposal of to delivering the rest of the furniture and dining tables on 2 different dates with only 4 days apart.

When the rest of the furnitures 1st arrive...the coffee table had some defect and we didnt accepted it. The delivery man sounded and looked quirky and questionable... But I didnt care anymore. We didnt unwrap anything as the contractors were doing some final touches...

As we stayed in our new home with our "NEW" furnitures for a few days...we realised something was very wrong with the 3+2 sofa. The texture of the leather did not looked right. The leathers on the 3 sitters looked very fresh, the leather "markings" looked like new...But the leather on the 2 sitter looked worned out....very smooth...had not much leather "markings" at all on some places like the sit and hand rest. That moment it struck me that I may have accepted a display set without knowing it. The more I see it the more i could confirm that it is a used 2 sitter. To this date, less than 2 mths of owning the sofa set... the leather on the 2 sitter looked like they are going to burst, crack or tear anytime thinning day by day.

So to anyone who is looking to buy from Morris Lifestyle please think twice. To the sales people there who may have read this thread, I challenge you to prove me wrong that the sofa IS NOT a used set.

I rest my case...for now at least...

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I totally agree that do not buy from Morris furnishing.

Like to share my bad experience with them

I brought quite a few items from them last year in mar at their warehouse at woodland and i totally regretted it.

First is the delivery, they suck big time, delay and delay.

And when the items are delivered. all are wrong. i cant remember how much time is wasted bcos of this. Change and change. Till i give up n living with a wrong model coffee table (give up on them).

And the worst is my L shape sofa (abt $1799) from them is gone just after a year, they told me it is real leather but that is totally crap. The leather started to peel off, the sponge on the sofa sink and can feel the spring (jus it haven pop out).

Can u imagine, just after a year.

Me just got a new set of sofa from HTL, hopefully this time round it can last me years.

Please tink carefully before purschasing from them.

from Living story at Genting to this..bottomline is we all learn it is worth to pay slightly more to get from the established companies, at least u get wat u pay for...similarly those non registered contractors...