Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
cleong

Ikea Bed Dimensions

Hi,

I've bought an Ikea king size bedframe and also a Sealy King size mattress. I've belatedly realized that the two might not be the same dimensions. Now, I haven't fixed up the bedframe yet, so I could still return it if I needed, but I really like the design.

Can anyone confirm that the mattress will fit into the bedframe, but will be slightly "loose" fit? Is anyone doing what I'm intending to do, because I quite like the bedframe.

Thanks in advance.

Hi, cleong

I have a King size Sealy Posturepedic mattress and I have to purchase a custom made 'platform' type of frame (from the same shop at IMM) which is strong enough to hold the mattress which is really really heavy! It is true, the Sealy mattress is really heavy when we recently moved it out for renovation.

If you buy the Idea Kingsize frame, please check to ensure it can accommodate the weight of the mattress, especially if you buy those frame with legs!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Thanks, I'll find some way to take up the gap. Much appreciated.

I bought my ikea bedframe in 1995 till now still strong. At that time, I custom made my mattress from king koil to fit in the Ikea bedframe size. Till now, still sleeping on my king koil mattress.

Ikea king size is 180x200cm. Local king size is 180x190cm. So you will have 10cm free play.

Thanks, I'll find some way to take up the gap. Much appreciated.

Hi,

I've bought an Ikea king size bedframe and also a Sealy King size mattress. I've belatedly realized that the two might not be the same dimensions. Now, I haven't fixed up the bedframe yet, so I could still return it if I needed, but I really like the design.

Can anyone confirm that the mattress will fit into the bedframe, but will be slightly "loose" fit? Is anyone doing what I'm intending to do, because I quite like the bedframe.

Thanks in advance.

Ikea king size is 180x200cm. Local king size is 180x190cm. So you will have 10cm free play.

Hi,

Thanks in advance.