Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Ppzzyy11

Windows Grilles Straightness - Based On Measuring Tape Or 'Balancing' Tool?

Hi,

We met up with ID today to talk on a couple of works which were unsatisfactory. During our discussion today when we commented about the overall project that includes very lousy painting job and I told him straight that I no longer have confidence in their work, he said we can stop all work and end the project. I am flabbergasted. We are at his mercy for 95% of payment had been paid!!!

For now, we are not convinced by his answers on the straightness of the window grilles...We said it is not straight (based on measuring tapes). He said it is straight (based on this 'balancing tool' that he used. 拉水平线.

May I know which should I base it on? Measuring tape or the 'balance' tool. Even if I should based the straightness on the 'balance' tool, how can I rectify the slated look?

Grilles in bedroom

BedrromWindowGrilles.jpg

A close up of another grilles (in living room)

Livingroomgrilles.jpg

If I heed his info, I see a slanted window grilles daily. But I have no info to dispute what he says for I lack technical knowledge.

Hence, appreciate the advice from the experts for relationship is strained now with the ID.

Thank you very much.

Edited by Ppzzyy11

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Actually if he shows you with the balancing tool and it is balanced, the problem might not be with the windows, but your wall. You can easily check with with the balance tool, just get it at any hardware store

My mom's house the kitchen door/wall was slightly slanted for years (original from HDB), and the sliding doors kept giving problem, but as it was not very obvious no one noticed or though about it. It was not until 20 years later when we renovated the kitchen and removed the sliding door frame did my contractor noticed that it was not level. He ended up plastering the door/wall to level everything, modified the sliding door frame to ensure that everything was right-angled and we had no problems with the sliding door since

Hi Navik, thanks for your reply.

I understand the point on the balancing tool but I just cannot understand does this mean we have to see the 'slated window' grilles forever? I think your contractor is great as he plaster the door/wall to level all....mine told me if I want to make it 'straight', we need to pay more money to fix it.

What I don't understand is:

a) If the wall is not straight, why can't they put cement at the base before they installed the grilles so that it looks straight? But of course, the balancing tool won't be balanced anymore but then, I won't see the gap on top too.

b) In addition, this is the measurements we took. Hence, I am really not convinced that we must base the straightness on the balancing tool... But it seems we have to accept it for we are at the ID mercy now as he can even utter the word to stop all works (though we have made 95% payment).

windowgrillesandbeamsmeasurements.jpg