Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Reno145

When Buying A 2Nd-Hand Car, Can I...?

When buying a 2nd-hand car, can I...?

1. Request for the car to be sent to AA for inspection, instead of Vicom or STA? Will the dealer agree?

2. Will the dealer agree if I want to take car insurance through my own car insurance broker?

3. Will the dealer agree if I want to take the loan from somewhere else and not through them?

4. Are there car loan rate below 1.88%?

5. Was told to slash $3000 from the asking price of the car, does this sound reasonable?

6. How to check whether the car have any outstanding saman in M'sia before buying the car?

Thanks in advance!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

When buying a 2nd-hand car, can I...?

1. Request for the car to be sent to AA for inspection, instead of Vicom or STA? Will the dealer agree?

Yes - but my preference is to a workshop that I normally used.

2. Will the dealer agree if I want to take car insurance through my own car insurance broker?

Yes - but that makes any discount off listed price harder.

3. Will the dealer agree if I want to take the loan from somewhere else and not through them?

Yes - but that makes any discount off listed price harder.

4. Are there car loan rate below 1.88%?

Yes - think DBS. But a lower loan rate is not always better as there might be heavier-than-usual punitive measures on early repayment, lower rebates, longer tenors etc.

5. Was told to slash $3000 from the asking price of the car, does this sound reasonable?

Most definitely but it depends on the asking price. $3k off $200k and $3k off $50k are two totally different matters. As a guage, I think dealers marked up by 20%, half expecting a 10% discount request from potential buyers. I think anything around 15% is a good start.

6. How to check whether the car have any outstanding saman in M'sia before buying the car?

http://www.malaysia.gov.my/EN/Relevant%20Topics/Transport%20System/Citizen/CompoundandSummons/Pages/CompounAndSummons.aspx

Thanks in advance!