Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
YunYun

My Colourful, Fun House

Hi Hi ,

We have a lot of similarities with your plan..my shoe cabinet is placed at the same area in foyer with the same design (top/bottom with shelf to drop keys in between) ..after much consideration & arguements with hubby on the open concept kitchen for more than 2 years ..ha..ha..we also decided on the tempered glass concept since not possible to sacrifice much walking area inbetween due to the small space we have in the kitchen ..and also bcos i wanted to watch tv while doin dishes :P ..ha..ha

We are also avoiding the top cabinets since the kitchen will look congested , and of course with the temepered glass it makes it difficult too..are you considering inner laminates for your kitchen cabinets ?..hubby wanted white kitchen like you have but i oppose since it's so common and goin for the glamarous black piano instead :good:

1 more thing...the sofa we bought from Mobella is quite similar with the sofa shown on your 3d with steel rod backing ..we're considering steel and glass throughout ..that's a little different compared to your colourful choice..ha..ha

Hi Sheela!

Great minds think alike! :yamseng:

We have basic laminate for kitchen cabinets, it is inclusive in the package.

With the steel and glass throughout, you must be looking for Classy design.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Before the start of the renovation work, my ID brought us to a shop at Balestier Rd to select the floor tiles. The shop carries a wide variety of tiles and has a showroom on its second floor. I could see some crowd there. My ID told me that it has quite good service.

Maybe due to my inexperience, I was overwhelmed by the choice, every piece of tile looks nice to me. ;)

After spending one and a half hour there, with the help of my ID , a friendly sales girl and my hubby, we finally made the following decision:

IMG_0413.jpg

IMG_0414.jpg

IMG_0415.jpg

IMG_0416.jpg

IMG_0417.jpg

One week later, we met up with the carpenter to discuss about the interior of the cabinets and wardrobes.

From left to right : Tommy (project manager), Mos (Designer), Hubby and Carpenter.

IMG_0357.jpg

IMG_0358.jpg

IMG_0359.jpg

They were all busy specifying the details while I was busy taking pictures of them.. haha… :notti:

I noticed that the laying of the floor tiles were almost completed and caught a glimpse of the tiler and conveniently took a photo of him..

IMG_0356.jpg

Edited by YunYun

While the carpentry work is in progress, we went back to Balestier Rd to shop for lights. Armed with a list of recommended lighting shops that I gathered from this forum and a pair of comfortable slippers, my hubby and I visited the lighting shops one by one. From this experience, we realised that even those shops were located near each other, their prices could be much different.

After a long search, we finally settled with Dream Lights. We were impressed by the good service of its salesman (his name is Raman) even though the prices offered were not the lowest. :thumbs up:

He was very keen to tell us the product details and explain why some shops could charge cheaper. He said his product come with electrical ballast made in Austria and good bulb as well. I was interested in the crystal pendant light for my dining area as the price was attractive, but the only drawback was the halogen bulb. He knew that I didn’t want halogen, so he offered to change all the bulbs to LED with some additional charge. He seemed to know his stuffs well. So, we decided to make the bulk of the purchase there except for foyer and corridor lights as we couldn’t find any suitable ones.

We continued our search for foyer and corridor lights at the shop next door. My hubby managed to spot two very nice lights: a small crystal light for foyer and a square light with shadow to the ceiling for the corridor. We were surprised when the shopkeeper told us the price as it fitted nicely to my limited budget. I went on to ask the price for other items and realised that this shop was real cheap. He was also giving the Austria made ballast. He told me that it was a new branch and having special opening promotion. We ended up buying another light from him.

I would say this shop is worth your visit if you are still shopping for lights. Its name is BL Lights. :good:

Edited by YunYun

Nice choice of tiles, so you will not be doing parquet or laminated floor for you rooms?

Yeah... We thought homogeneous tiles will be easier to maintain. :P

Here are the lights that we bought:

Crystal light for dining area:

IMG_0366.jpg

Light for study room:

IMG_0442.jpg

Light for kitchen:

IMG_0472.jpg

Light for Foyer:

IMG_0471.jpg

Light for corridor:

IMG_0469.jpg

Edited by YunYun

Lights for bathroom and service yard:

IMG_0473.jpg

Downlights:

IMG_0461.jpg

IMG_0462.jpg

Bulb for downlights:

IMG_0459.jpg

Ballast:

IMG_0460.jpg

Have a look at the floor tiles, all done up..

Foyer:

IMG_0396.jpg

Living room:

IMG_0393.jpg

Study room:

IMG_0392.jpg

Sister's room:

IMG_0381.jpg

My bedroom:

IMG_0380-1.jpg

IMG_0405.jpg

U-channel is used to join the tiles in order to have a smooth look. This is because I have chosen different tiles for each room. It is my ID’s idea. He is very attentive to small details :D

Our renovation is progressing fast and furious, the carpentry work is halfway done.

Shoes cabinet:

IMG_0395.jpg

Tall unit to hide the kitchen pipe:

IMG_0399.jpg

Hob's area:

IMG_0400.jpg

Sink's area:

IMG_0397.jpg

My Elkay Sink:

IMG_0398.jpg