Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Christine_D

A Journey Home

A sneak peak at the Master Bed Room. ;)

paintdoors0013.jpg

.... with a splash of red!

paintdoors0015.jpg

And just when you thought everything is perfect.....hubby saw this..... :jawdrop:

paintdoors0023.jpg

.... a long crack at the MBR door frame....eeeeeekkkkkkkkkkkk!!!!!!!!

We've spoken with our Contractor and they will rectify it as soon as possible... phew! :)

Tomorrow will be a long day again....there will be lots of deliveries and we'll be spending the whole day there.

We'll keep you posted again tomorrow. :seeya:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

ur 5-I unit looks so BIG!! :good:

And the splash of red in MBR.. is so WOW. LOL.

We also got a splash of color in each rooms too, but we intend to use blue for our MBR.

:yamseng:

The flat is 5I. It will cost a bomb :jawdrop: if we are going to do a full renovation.

Hubby and I decided to do just some parts of the house...the Kitchen, Common Toilet, False Ceiling, Bomb Shelter, TV Console, Master Bedroom and MBR Toilet. We decided for the 2 other bedrooms we'll just paint it for the mean time. Once we have enough funds, only then we will touch it. :dancingqueen:

Hi, Just read your blog. I'm so happy that you've started your journey. It is so true that 5I full reno really cost a BOMB!!! I gotten few quotes and it's really scaring me off that make me undecisive... GOSH!! renovation work these days have become so expensive!!

Duh!!

Congrats and happy reno :)

ur 5-I unit looks so BIG!! :good:

And the splash of red in MBR.. is so WOW. LOL.

We also got a splash of color in each rooms too, but we intend to use blue for our MBR.

:yamseng:

Hi Stardust!

I think it's just hubby's camera that makes it look big. :D

Hubby loves red and he specifically told the painter to paint :paint: it fire engine red. hehehehehe.

It's our lucky color too. :D

Blue is a good color also for MBR. I'm pretty sure your MBR will turn out great!

Hi, Just read your blog. I'm so happy that you've started your journey. It is so true that 5I full reno really cost a BOMB!!! I gotten few quotes and it's really scaring me off that make me undecisive... GOSH!! renovation work these days have become so expensive!!

Duh!!

Congrats and happy reno :)

Hi Jar!

You said it! It costs a bomb :dribble: to do full reno. Hubby and I went for a contractor instead of an ID and decided only parts of the flat.

We almost went nuts from the quotes of other IDs. hahahaha.

Anyway, good luck. Hope you'll find the best deal, a good ID/contractor and have a smooth reno too. :)

Reno Week 5

Yesterday was such a long and tiring day.

We literally camped at the flat most of the day coz almost all of the deliveries were done yesterday.

We were quite surprised :o when we arrived there. Last Wednesday the flat was clean, yesterday it was chaos again.

carpentry0001.jpg

Carpentry works were done yesterday. All the cabinets were in the living room., ready to be installed.

carpentry0002.jpg

The kitchen was a mess…..a happy mess. Hehehhee. The floor is done…yeeebaahhh!!! :sport-smiley-004: Most parts of the cabinets were up. The kitchen counter was installed. Now left with the counter top. They already put the kitchen sink. They were waiting for the delivery of the Hob, Hood and Oven so they can measure it and install it too.

carpentry0006.jpg

carpentry0007.jpg

They were also doing the MBR wardrobe……so far, loving the looks of it. Now, I’m wondering if hubby and I will fight who will have the bigger part of the wardrobe. Hehehehe. To be honest, hubby has a lot of shirts and I think he has more clothes than me!

carpentry0003.jpg

When we had a peek at our MBR Toilet, we saw our vanity cabinet, looks like a big stone or something....weeeee :dancingqueen: ! It's also done! Cool looking cabinet. The color and the finish is like industrial type. Another Goth-inspired I should say. hehehe

carpentry0004.jpg

Our contractor and electrician also came to discuss some of the things that need to be fixed. Our electrician confirmed the drawing hubby made where the lights and switches are to be placed. Pheeewww! I think there were more than a dozen of people that came at the flat yesterday.

We only had our lunch at around 3:00PM. We bought pizza for the workers. We believe that happy workers are more productive. :thumbs up: Hehehe.

carpentry0008.jpg

Edited by Christine_D

Came 3:00PM and the deliveries came one by one, the lights, the hob, hood and oven and the toilet accessories.

This is the oven

carpentry0005.jpg

The downlights

carpentry0009.jpg

The Dining Chandelier

carpentry0011.jpg

Room Light

carpentry0012.jpg

The hood being measured by the carpenter

carpentry0013.jpg

Couldn’t check everything as they were inside the boxes. Fingers-crossed that no item was damaged.

We’ll find out in the coming week. Waaaaahhhh!!!

Poor hubby, today is Sunday and he has a 12 hour duty at the hospital. He has been complaining already of body aches since last night. Told him that we're almost there...

The final week is near before the moving in. Waaaaaa!!!! This is going to be one of the busiest days of our lives but a fulfilling one.

I'm pretty sure everyone here at Reno Talk feels the same. The biggest day is the move in day. All the hard work will be WORTH it! :yamseng:

From the pics, ur reno progress is looking good!

Me & WTB also arranged for all our furnitures, elect. appliances to deliver on 1 day - 13 items in all. Hah

Reno Week 5

Yesterday was such a long and tiring day.

We literally camped at the flat most of the day coz almost all of the deliveries were done yesterday.

We were quite surprised :o when we arrived there. Last Wednesday the flat was clean, yesterday it was chaos again.

carpentry0001.jpg

Carpentry works were done yesterday. All the cabinets were in the living room., ready to be installed.

carpentry0002.jpg

The kitchen was a mess…..a happy mess. Hehehhee. The floor is done…yeeebaahhh!!! :sport-smiley-004: Most parts of the cabinets were up. The kitchen counter was installed. Now left with the counter top. They already put the kitchen sink. They were waiting for the delivery of the Hob, Hood and Oven so they can measure it and install it too.

carpentry0006.jpg

carpentry0007.jpg

Now, that the final date of the completion is near, hubby and I wanted to make sure that everything goes as planned.

Last Tuesday, hubby went to the flat to see what has been done. We don’t want that because of too much trust that everything is going to be ok, we’ll be caught off guard :o and it will not be done on time.

Although it is not perfect, we could say, it’s turning out nicely. Every renovation has its hiccups and we are not exempted from it. Hehehehe. :P

The TV console is almost done. Red and the background is gray. Rather unusual color, not everybody would dare to have it, but we both like it. :D

carpentry20014.jpg

carpentry20016.jpg

This is the carcass of the feature wall/cabinet of the bunker.... A door within a door. :) Somehow I didn’t expect that the cabinet is a bit thick. Crossing my fingers :unsure: and hoping it’s not going to be too cramped when you enter the flat.

carpentry20018.jpg

The Kitchen cabinets were put up also. The carcass is red but the cabinet doors are going to be white. We’re waiting for the red backsplash to be installed. The kitchen tiles will be spray coated with white so it’s not going to be “too red”.

carpentry20021.jpg

carpentry20022.jpg

The wardrobe is done and I’m overjoyed when I saw the picture.

Hubby loves it too. The doors are white and it hides our toilet too.

carpentry20003.jpg

carpentry20008.jpg

carpentry20011.jpg

The vanity cabinet in the Master Bedroom toilet has been attached to the wall. I love the “industrial” finish of the cabinet.

carpentry20001.jpg

Tomorrow is another site inspection. Hopefully, what needs to be done is done and what needs to be rectified has been rectified. Good luck to us! :drunk:

Phew! My last post was more than a month ago.

The finishing touches were stressful and the moving in was not easy. After the move in, you have to settle down, buy things that can make your house more livable....and that was what my hubby and I were doing for more than a month. This is excluding of course our work commitments and all.

Finally! We have settled in already....

The neighborhood is quite and our neighbors are quite friendly too.

Got a new friend, the Auntie who knocks at our door and brings/sells Yakult every Saturday....hehehehhe.

As for the pictures....coming very soon.

Hubby is finding his inner "inspiration" before taking pictures. hehehehhee