Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
techaview

5 Room Hdb At City Fringe

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi,

Saw the cement secreed in your kitchen... So far, any fine hair lines crack? BTW, How old is your flat?

Thinking of just paint my kitchen wall, to save costs, but am quite concerned regards to the maintenance...

Thanks... :)

So far has some hairline crack that is caused by drilling some holes to mount bracket onto the wall. My place is 7 yrs old hdb and I have moved in juz 2 weeks ago. Contractor done waterproof on my cement screed for me to do normal cleaning should I need to. One thing that I think is that after shifting in, there tend to be some powder on my kitchen top and require me to perform cleaning. I am still monitoring it to check will the powder reappear again.... Apart from that I am ok with the wall. Hope it helps

So far has some hairline crack that is caused by drilling some holes to mount bracket onto the wall. My place is 7 yrs old hdb and I have moved in juz 2 weeks ago. Contractor done waterproof on my cement screed for me to do normal cleaning should I need to. One thing that I think is that after shifting in, there tend to be some powder on my kitchen top and require me to perform cleaning. I am still monitoring it to check will the powder reappear again.... Apart from that I am ok with the wall. Hope it helps

Hi, thanks for the reply... :D

Not the TS, but just to share...

From my understanding of cement screed, definitely will have hairline crack in future. Cannot be avoided. If don't wanna see any hairline crack, then better dun do cement screed.

My cement screed wall is almost 2 months old now? So far no cracks yet.

Thanks for the feedback... Mine is cement screed and my contractor painted over it... the hairline crack is quite obvious... Was thinking of putting wall tiles over it in my next phase of reno... Side note : my house is already 32 years old liao... :D

Thanks for the feedback... Mine is cement screed and my contractor painted over it... the hairline crack is quite obvious... Was thinking of putting wall tiles over it in my next phase of reno... Side note : my house is already 32 years old liao... :D

If you can put up with the raw look and cement screed hairline crack then it fine. I have mine put up with stainless steel strip to prevent cracking in the long run. Put wall tiles onto it is also fine... Btw how long have you been using cement screed?

If you can put up with the raw look and cement screed hairline crack then it fine. I have mine put up with stainless steel strip to prevent cracking in the long run. Put wall tiles onto it is also fine... Btw how long have you been using cement screed?

I did my reno Feb/Mar this year... But mine is a very old house liao (32 years old), so the hairline crack was quite obvious... So, was thinking for putting up wall tiles in my Phase two of reno... Need another major clean up after that... :o

The side table from Muji looks cool. Looks suitable for my design. Now i need to go to the showroom and measure the clearance for my height of the sofa. You have any idea how much is it going for?

Went to muji and saw the side table. Not very sturdy i will say. I think it is back to looking for a coffee table which is much more useful and sturdy. Anyone have recommendation for a small coffee table.......

Kitchen done up some far.... Necessity stuffs like kettle pot, cutlery and gas stove has to be up first... If not no water and no food to eat..... hehe :dancingqueen:

Come weekend has to dismantle the washing machine and the microwave brought over from old place for cleaning.... oh ya am still waiting for the wall organizer for mop and broom to be delivered from amazon. Will continue to post once up.

Black and white series

P1050200.jpg

P1050199-1.jpg

P1050206.jpg

P1050203.jpg

Hi techaview, your kitchen looks great! Do you mind to pm me the approx cost of your stainless steel counter tops & kitchen cabinets? I'm seriously considering using this for my own kitchen but unsure how much it's going to add to the cost. Thank you!