Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
vermilion

Om Pu Sofa Torn Within 1 Yr. Upgaded To Leather And Peel Again In 3Yr

hi daveyap, the peeled pictures you saw earlier is mine... the problematic from pu upgraded to leather omne.

however, my mum's leather sofa did not peel, the leather is still beautiful after 4-5yrs.

but look at these 2 pictures, i'm referring to the sponge inside...

screenshot20120206at451.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

screenshot20120206at451.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Ok, I see what you mean now, sorry for the miscommunication. Previously, I was basing my assessment on your hand drawing. That is quite an eyesore indeed but the problem can be resolved if you get a sofa re-upholsterer to unstitch the leather trimmings and insert new single pieces high density foam before stitching it back. Can be quite costly though because quite a hassle to restitch back the leather pieces so you need to weigh the pros and cons.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Ok, I see what you mean now, sorry for the miscommunication. Previously, I was basing my assessment on your hand drawing. That is quite an eyesore indeed but the problem can be resolved if you get a sofa re-upholsterer to unstitch the leather trimmings and insert new single pieces high density foam before stitching it back. Can be quite costly though because quite a hassle to restitch back the leather pieces so you need to weigh the pros and cons.

haiz...the point again is... OM sold me a sofa like this, only the seat is leather, the res pvc, this 3 seater sofa cost around $1100.

the leather is nice though.

right from beginning after i complaint about this strange 2 piece foam, the ex manager told me its the DESIGN!!!

my niece plays slide with it!! LOL!

haiz...the point again is... OM sold me a sofa like this, only the seat is leather, the res pvc, this 3 seater sofa cost around $1100.

the leather is nice though.

right from beginning after i complaint about this strange 2 piece foam, the ex manager told me its the DESIGN!!!

my niece plays slide with it!! LOL!

Very bold of the manager to come up with such an outrageous excuse for what is an obvious manufacturing defect.

Very bold of the manager to come up with such an outrageous excuse for what is an obvious manufacturing defect.

OM insisted that i buy another 2 new sofas from them at special price.

the point is "if you had diarrhea from the same laksa store, not 1 time, but twice. would you go back and eat again?"

and i offer them to repair. they refused and said if i get my own sofa contractor to repair its cheaper.

anyway, i called up case and lodge a complaint. letter has been sent to OM management.

Case has advised me, if they dont response, go small claim court after 2 weeks.

i asked case that this was few years ago, would small claim court entertainment me.

they said YES. because some defects you dont see it within one year.

:) am so happy.