Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
rocksoft

Theme To Can Match Granite Flooring

Hi, i just bought a 5i resale with granite flooring (abit brownish to redish). I understand that granite flooring is good but its abit hard to come up with a design theme to match the floor.

Hope to get some ideas from this forum

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Since the color tone is brownish to redish... like takashimaya?

Theme is really up to you, whether you can accept it. Can do retro, can do modern/contemporary, can also do minimalist/zen, can even do victorian/country.

Since the color tone is brownish to redish... like takashimaya?

Theme is really up to you, whether you can accept it. Can do retro, can do modern/contemporary, can also do minimalist/zen, can even do victorian/country.

it is like this

royal-red-granite-250x250.jpg

i prefer modern but granite seems abit old to me :(

you have any online reference that i can see see?

After u re-polish the granite, it will be match with any kind of theme of design. Because granite is always comes in natural feeling that can blend well with any kind of theme of design.

Hello!

I think we are having the similar kind of granite flooring, mine is the Rosa porrino.. I used to be apprehensive over granite too, but realised it really went well with my modern contemporary theme.

However unlike marble, you cant polish/ buff granite as its said to be one of the toughest and durable stone around and I can testify that. My granite is still shiny after gone through about 6 months of rough handling during the reno period without adequate floor protection. I did consider waxing as the only option (temporary ) to boost the shine initially. However in the end, I felt no further treatment was needed after all.

I'm loving my granite now, you can easily missed hair, dust, watermarks on granite unlike those light coloured homogenous tiles I laid in the kitchen :curse:

So my verdict is, keep the granite if you can. :good:

Edited by Ms Polar

Hello!

I think we are having the similar kind of granite flooring, mine is the “Rosa porrino”.. I used to be apprehensive over granite too, but realised it really went well with my modern contemporary theme.

However unlike marble, you can’t polish/ buff granite as it’s said to be one of the toughest and durable stone around and I can testify that. My granite is still shiny after gone through about 6 months of rough handing during the reno period without adequate floor protection. I did consider “waxing” as the only option (temporary ) to boost the shine initially. However in the end, I felt no further treatment was needed after all.

I’m loving my granite now, you can easily missed hair, dust, watermarks on granite unlike those light coloured homogenous tiles I laid in the kitchen :curse:

So my verdict is, keep the granite if you can. :good:

Hi Polar! Thanks for the advice, my dad also told me that granite shouldn't be polish. You have any pictures of your house to share? Or any visual idea? =x

20120401171630.jpg

Hi! This is the image of my living hall. I kept to mainly tones of white, grey and brown to stay true to the grains on the stone. Guessed the neutral color palette would allow the stone to be "blended" into the surrounding harmoniously rather than allowing it to overwhelm the space. Hope this helps!

:yamseng:

20120401171630.jpg

Hi! This is the image of my living hall. I kept to mainly tones of white, grey and brown to stay true to the grains on the stone. Guessed the neutral color palette would allow the stone to be "blended" into the surrounding harmoniously rather than allowing it to overwhelm the space. Hope this helps!

:yamseng:

Wow, your house look nice. Is it an EM? Pretty neat. You got a ID to design it or ? You have a TV feature wall?

Hi Rocksoft!

Thanks for the compliment! You are right about the EM. I worked with a contractor and carpenter. Thus the space planning, design conceptualisation and right down to cordination has to be taken care solely by myself. It was indeed a tedious process.

Yes, there is a feature wall. It also acts as a partition for my storage/helper's room just right behind the TV.

Wow, that's not easy. How you got all the ideas and lobangs from carpenter?? Care to share more about your house pictures. Or you have reno blog? :P :P

I have actully completed my reno last year, so i guessed its seems quite late to start a reno blog now. Moreover, thanks to my failed memory card, I lost most of my reno process pictures ..

My current place is actually my 5th reno project, I've gotten my ideas from renotalk (of course), online sites and foreign home decor magazines. There are some very inspiring sites out there that will just keep your creative juices flowing, go explore... But first of all, you may like to identify your best liked themes or accent colours. Knowing what you like/ want would make it easier to find the right visuals for putting together the mood board to better brief your designer/contractor.

While reading or browsing the sites, I am always in day-dream mode to visualise how the decor i see can be adapted or tweak to favour my flat layout. It's a never ending process and additive, my mind is still ticking..

It's like quite off topic if i post my house pictures here not related to "granite". Anyway, keep me posted if you are starting a reno blog, will share what i know nevertheless..

Good luck!