Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
whitehousey

White House...

hi, can you advise the dimension for your L-shape kitchen counter top?

i'm also doing an open kitchen but somehow my contractor had laid the base width for only 51cm and i find it a little too small.

we would either do raised breakfast bar or flat; like yours but extended out a little.

hope you can PM me at your earliest.

thanks!!!

-The side touching the wall is the usual 600mm

-The half island sticking out is 800mm with a 200mm recess for counter stools. (which are on the way!) :sport-smiley-004:

The domino induction stove is exactly 510mm for your reference.

Our ID recommended the dimensions and we went with it. It works really well for us :D

I think the 510mm base your contractor laid out is the standard for a 600mm counter with some room for your toes.

You can consider getting a slightly deeper counter (800mm or more) if you want both sides to be fully functional.

One point to note is that finding counter stools for the usual kitchen counter height was difficult as most are catered for the taller bar height.

This limits your choice to the stools with the adjustable height and only a few shorter counter stools.

Edited by whitehousey

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi there,

For the repeater, you could try to get a TP-Link one. Although its from China, it is very compact, easy to set-up (if you know Chinese) and you can easily find it on Taobao.com or if you have friends heading to Guangzhou/Shenzhen. Costs about SGD25

TP Link

Btw, I'm interested to know where you can get the Eubiq track. I've tried a couple of DIY shops but most don't seem to carry. Appreciate if you could also let me know the cost of it and the accessories that come along.

Thanks

Cheers

Hi pressuntilshiok,

thanks so so so much for the help. I was seriously going to buy one of those $100 repeaters from challenger tomorrow and your timely message is going to save me lots of $$$

I now need to figure out how to purchase and get it delivered... My mandarin is extremely bad, haha.

For the Eubiq, I purchased it from ASL POWER. http://www.aslpower.com.sg/Home.html

They are really easy to work with and are willing to come straight to your place to demo the product.

You can try Kenneth at 9060 8017.

As for the pricing, I forgot how much I paid... something like $100-150 for the power strip and $30-50 per adapter.

The embedded strip are a bit more expensive I think.

okie, i was wondering why the base was only 51cm when the norm for kitchen cabinet/drawer are 60cm in width... now you have enlightened me.

hahaha...

thanks for the extra tip on the bar stool/chairs - we want sturdy types coz of 2 hyper-active toddlers; they will climb up and down and swing all around those bar stools like monkeys; that we are VERY certain! :)

-The side touching the wall is the usual 600mm

-The half island sticking out is 800mm with a 200mm recess for counter stools. (which are on the way!) :sport-smiley-004:

The domino induction stove is exactly 510mm for your reference.

Our ID recommended the dimensions and we went with it. It works really well for us :D

I think the 510mm base your contractor laid out is the standard for a 600mm counter with some room for your toes.

You can consider getting a slightly deeper counter (800mm or more) if you want both sides to be fully functional.

One point to note is that finding counter stools for the usual kitchen counter height was difficult as most are catered for the taller bar height.

This limits your choice to the stools with the adjustable height and only a few shorter counter stools.

I'm wondering what toilet doors you've for the MBR and common toilet considering the tight spaces in the toilets. How did you coordinate your common toilet door with the other 4 doors on the same corridor? Thanks.

I'm wondering what toilet doors you've for the MBR and common toilet considering the tight spaces in the toilets. How did you coordinate your common toilet door with the other 4 doors on the same corridor? Thanks.

Hi Shandee, I didn't really put any thought into coordinating the doors along the corridor.

To save money we kept all the bedroom doors, just repainted them. :notti:

Our ID suggested glass doors for the bathrooms that will not be affected by the water/humidity so we went with it.

As for space wise, all our glass doors can open outwards so that give us a lot of space in the bathrooms itself. :sport-smiley-018:

I'll let the pictures do the talking now. :)

Corridor and common bathroom.

6983B64E-2C99-47A8-A494-DBC5C0F92FCB-25501-00001DB7D6975F90.jpg

C32971F7-758D-47CC-A3ED-606C6A79657E-25501-00001DB7DE153226.jpg

0A3A3C09-3429-4A8F-99A2-7CB44909B5F2-25501-00001DB7E878A2BB.jpg

To keep the pipes kinda hidden/out of sight, we opted to have the bidet tap lower.

The only thing is we need to tuck the hose back behind the sink each time after use or it'll be in the open like the pictures. :bangwall:

39F4DF32-7AD6-416E-8093-F544E7908B8B-25501-00001DB7EEDD2403.jpg

Edited by whitehousey

Thanks very much for the photos of the toilet doors. We wanted a normal door(waterproof if we can) for the common toilet to match the other bedroom doors but was advised against it because of the humidity and steam during shower. We didn't quite like PD door (recommended for the MBR toilet) because of its build quality on the locking mechanism and ease of use for older people. Your photos does give us more ideas. Thanks again.

WAH!!! Upgrade in a year!!

Cannot lah..

TV not cheap one you know. :P

Maybe in 2 years... Hehe. :sport-smiley-004:

very nice place! i always like white house. :yamseng:

we are on the same boat, when i put my 46 tv on wall i feel quite small too. Maybe end of the year then upgrade to 60.

very nice place! i always like white house. :yamseng:

we are on the same boat, when i put my 46 tv on wall i feel quite small too. Maybe end of the year then upgrade to 60.

wah gal, long time didn't see you ard leh. :drunk:

how long have you been using your 46"? i also think my 55" is not big enough.... i guess we are never satisfied.... but i better use it for at least 3 years... now only 1 year, 2 more to go. :bangwall:

Harlow again.

I haven't been back in awhile.. I accidentally deleted my photobucket account and lost all my reno photos!

Anyway I'm back to sell these bedside tables.

Only a couple of months old and still in near mint condition.

Selling because they are too wide for my masterbed room. :furious:

Scanteak is still selling these for $359.

I'm asking $350 for both. The items are ready for pickup at my place in mountbattern.

First two photos were taken in the Scanteak showroom itself. The rest are the actual bedside tables I'm selling.

440F4633-2131-4EF0-81EE-4A40768E40A6-25087-00001D167B64F4E1.jpg

1B254377-333D-4058-BA43-4CC80AB91A25-25087-00001D16889B6AC8.jpg

C0E26390-D6F5-4454-B8BE-62DC82CB5167-25087-00001D16A07F25C1.jpg

A94168C7-5752-47E8-B008-32B87683CCA7-25087-00001D16A6FD4B46.jpg

90E1F779-8F1B-49E7-88E7-381952C9251F-25087-00001D16B22F1377.jpg