Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
smart_user

Strand Woven Bamboo Flooring Info

Hi guys,

Seems like my endless renovation work is forever there...hehe

I've been thinking of overlaying my whole house with solid wooden flooring but I realise that the cost is very high as I like the longer planks (>1.2 meter length/plank). For solid tasmanian oak flooring, my ID was quoting me around $35psf..totally out of my budget and I was told that I must wait for 4 months too as the stocks need to be shipped in from overseas. He also proposed something quite new to me...not the normal bamboo flooring but Strand Woven Bamboo Flooring. It looks really solid...and costs $23psf. Apparently this is the new bamboo flooring which is supposed to be very durable and eco-friendly. I like the length of each plank..i think it was like 1.5meter or so...i can imagine it will look very elegant after installation. My only concern was on the termite attack and the reduction of total height of my floor-to-ceiling height (bamboo needs to use plywood base underneath apparently)

I am quite tempted to go ahead with this bamboo option...but appreciate if any members here have experience with such product that you can share with me? I'm afraid of making the wrong decision as the total cost is quite a handful amount here and I'm totally new with this product. Appreciate your comments...thanks

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

hey there...

Just some picture to share with you...this house belong's to one of my very good friend...

im really amaze and speechless after i stepped into his house....

Also he told me his flooring just overlay , dont require any plywood or glue.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/43/38557210150839479751918.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/502/57764510150839478886918.jpg/

My advise for you is , if you love both our earth and nature flooring.

Do this flooring.. you will never regret...

hey there...

Just some picture to share with you...this house belong's to one of my very good friend...

im really amaze and speechless after i stepped into his house....

Also he told me his flooring just overlay , dont require any plywood or glue.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/43/38557210150839479751918.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/502/57764510150839478886918.jpg/

My advise for you is , if you love both our earth and nature flooring.

Do this flooring.. you will never regret...

Hi alantan, i really like your friend's flooring. It's the same look of flooring that my ID showed me...but are you sure it's the same bamboo flooring I was referring to? Cos my ID told me bamboo flooring needs to use plywood and glue down. I'm really no expert in this.

Also do you mind if i ask where your friend got the flooring from and how much? The cost is a bit steep as far as I know...but I really fell in love with it from the 1st look...hehe

Appreciate your reply. Thanks

Oh ya...I had a second and third look at the photos again...and I notice that your friend's bamboo flooring is very long. I wonder what the length is....looks like it's more than 1.5 meters. Beautyyyy :rolleyes:

He told me that he just overlay on his existing cermic tiles. no need glue or plywood..

And using inter-lock system.

The Lenght is around 6foot 1.8meters.

Edited by alantan

He told me that he just overlay on his existing cermic tiles. no need glue or plywood..

And using inter-lock system.

The Lenght is around 6foot 1.8meters.

Hi Alan,

Are you able to ask your friend the brand/company that he used for his bamboo flooring?

I still can't make up my mind on whether or not to go ahead with this purchase. Thanks

oh.. Its from Inovarfloor , my friend told me they are direct manufacturer.

you can visit their website

www.inovarfloor.com

Hope this will help you...