Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Cynta28

My Small 2 Room Flat

Hi there u may want to try my contractor jiawei. He has interior designer background but he is now a contractor. Contact is 98159078. So far quite within the budget for my Reno.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi there u may want to try my contractor jiawei. He has interior designer background but he is now a contractor. Contact is 98159078. So far quite within the budget for my Reno.

Hi Lunareverie,

Thank u so much for ur contact. I will definitely need recommendatiions. It will better if the contractor have id background. Easier to communicate.

With Id 2 :

Was charged $9806/-

Finally get to met her yesterday, a nice person .... but lack of proper explanation...(maybe due to language barrier)

But she seems ok when me decide to cut certain items on the quotations and looks ok with a smaller scale of quotation price.

She even willing to include a small partition / hollow board for the kitchen cabinet.

Manage to discuss a few more details such as kitchen cabinet drawer etc..

i wanna make sure that all the drawers are Blum drawers...

i must make sure its spacious and can fit as many stuffs as possible.

we also wanna sliding door for my son. and make sure the partition fits...

so far... im quite happy with her drawings...

And she did inform us on the reason as to all the bad feeback that they are getting on this renotalk forum.

i did quite agree... the problem arise with the id... so half of the fault should be with the ID for not being able to liase with contractor.. and to avoid all that...

i prefer to put everythin on paper...

ive asked her to put all details into paper.... and not leave anything... we will revise again.....

THEN...i receive another email...

Anyone used Crescendo before? Any feedback?

I received a quotation which is super cheap frm them.....and its under promotional package.....

is it safe to lock a promotional package?

its almost half of the amount of id.....

oh now im back to square 1 hahahaha

1/2. Where got so "Ho kan" one? Beware.

I agree, im gonna rope my dad in this matter. Hopefully we can cover the loopholes. Match each item etc...

Coz im only making kitchen cabinet, laminate floor and partition room

Hi Cynta28,

I am planning to reno my 2BR next year too!

To date only sourced 3 IDs.

#1 ID: Felt comfortable. But initial proposal did not exactly follow my fs layout. Did proper fu.

#2 ID: Sounds clueless and more like a contractor. DId not keep to quote promise date and quote more ex than #1. So total rule out.

#3 ID: Listened and follow exactly my requirements. But alas, price was ex.

Still in a dilemma if to go for contractor to save costs but still prefer ID to oversee everything and provide advice.

Pleasssseeee share your sourcing journey here - would keep a lookout for your posts.

Hi Cynta28,

I am planning to reno my 2BR next year too!

To date only sourced 3 IDs.

#1 ID: Felt comfortable. But initial proposal did not exactly follow my fs layout. Did proper fu.

#2 ID: Sounds clueless and more like a contractor. DId not keep to quote promise date and quote more ex than #1. So total rule out.

#3 ID: Listened and follow exactly my requirements. But alas, price was ex.

Still in a dilemma if to go for contractor to save costs but still prefer ID to oversee everything and provide advice.

Pleasssseeee share your sourcing journey here - would keep a lookout for your posts.

Hi lot85,

Yes yes i will share. So far ive meet quite a number of id's.

but the more i meet the more confuse i get....

Some provide haulage service, cleaning whole house etc.

Some when i ask and compare they juz took out the mention clause.

Will brief more. Will try to upload all the id's quotation here. If possible.... Can diffrentiate and compare.

Urs is a bto? Which area? 2 bedroom or 2 room flat? Mine is a 2 room flat. 1 living room and 1 bedroom

Mine is 2 bedroom.

ID#1 & ID#2 quoted free for floor protection, general cleaning, haulage etc but ID#3 lists approx $500 and these did not include demolition/dismantling which can seem to go up to 2k.

Generally nothing is free. All bundled here and there, I believe. I am not looking for the cheapest neither am I willing to pay above the market rate 'cos the later does not guarantee good quality works as well.

I just need a hassel free reno and a comfy home to shift in to with my kid and I dont think I am the detailed type that enjoys reno process hence I still think perhaps ID suits me best but the quotes I received so far seem to be above my budget. I hope to nail down quick so that I can start looking for furnitures, appliances, accessories deals but ... yaks!

Mine is 2 bedroom.

ID#1 & ID#2 quoted free for floor protection, general cleaning, haulage etc but ID#3 lists approx $500 and these did not include demolition/dismantling which can seem to go up to 2k.

Generally nothing is free. All bundled here and there, I believe. I am not looking for the cheapest neither am I willing to pay above the market rate 'cos the later does not guarantee good quality works as well.

I just need a hassel free reno and a comfy home to shift in to with my kid and I dont think I am the detailed type that enjoys reno process hence I still think perhaps ID suits me best but the quotes I received so far seem to be above my budget. I hope to nail down quick so that I can start looking for furnitures, appliances, accessories deals but ... yaks!

Yah.... Everything are chargeable.... Every small little details are also charged.... Altho contractor are cheaper but like u i prefer to deal with an iD who could oversee everything

Whats ur budget like? U wanna gimme ur email so i could forward u the invoices i have?

Ya ID#2 left out dismantling fees and did not include plumbing - tatz the reason to rule him out and makes me worried about if I dont do enough homework and comparison, what other hidden costs there will be. Again, Yaks!

Remember to make them include " no hidden cost" and ask about gst.

Wow didnt know we cud do that. Include it in the quotation sound a real good deal....

Thanks Pesadelo