Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
user002277

Icon D'zigne

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I am currently using them for my renovation

I must say I pick them not because they are cheapest. We did a 5 quote comparison. They are in the middle.

The person we work with give us a very assuring feeling. Does not feel like those typical reno people who promise you everything but deliver less than 50%.

We started the reno work on 19th Oct (if I am not wrong). Supposed to hand over on 3rd Nov.

Till today , we have not done the handover.

We did very very simple renovation. Yet the delay is by 2 weeks

They did alot of damages to our place. And we have to spot it and report to the "PM"

I move in for 5 days already and still cannot use the master bed room toilet.

Person we work with start to give attitude. Because we are not stuck with him. We just wait for him to call. wait for him to show up. if he don't show up. nothing we can do about it.

I must say I pick them not because they are cheapest. We did a 5 quote comparison. They are in the middle.

The person we work with give us a very assuring feeling. Does not feel like those typical reno people who promise you everything but deliver less than 50%.

We started the reno work on 19th Oct (if I am not wrong). Supposed to hand over on 3rd Nov.

They did alot of damages to our place. And we have to spot it and report to the "PM"

Person we work with start to give attitude. Because we are not stuck with him. We just wait for him to call. wait for him to show up. if he don't show up. nothing we can do about it.

Good luck

Thanks for the advise. I nearly got them to do my renovation today. My experience with them was totally assuring with discussion over emails and smses. They will assured you with good pricing, etc. But when the revised quote comes, the details we discussed were not factored in. The worst nightmare came was after short-listing them and requested them to come for a non-obligation assessment. I gave them the flexibility to meet me at home but he did not turned up. The worst thing was the "PM" gave alot of excuses for failing to turn up for the appointment without feeling apologetic. The bottom line is that he would have call or text to arrange another day with me but he do not do so. If his behaviour is as such during the negotiation stage, Can I still depend on him to finish the job?

I really have to thank the thread starter who alerted us on this irresponsible ID.

So guys, please take note. Low price does not mean good work done. :furious:

Cheers

Thanks for the advise. I nearly got them to do my renovation today. My experience with them was totally assuring with discussion over emails and smses. They will assured you with good pricing, etc. But when the revised quote comes, the details we discussed were not factored in. The worst nightmare came was after short-listing them and requested them to come for a non-obligation assessment. I gave them the flexibility to meet me at home but he did not turned up. The worst thing was the "PM" gave alot of excuses for failing to turn up for the appointment without feeling apologetic. The bottom line is that he would have call or text to arrange another day with me but he do not do so. If his behaviour is as such during the negotiation stage, Can I still depend on him to finish the job?

I really have to thank the thread starter who alerted us on this irresponsible ID.

So guys, please take note. Low price does not mean good work done. :furious:

Cheers

Engaged them at your own risk!!

Hi all,

Im engaging with these salesperson name joanne right now from Icon D'zigne. Me and my husband met her at expo fairs this year Nov. She very patient despite so many times of changes we made. And the best part she will slowly go thru our floor plan and brief us thru step by step which is good for us like newly weds who got their own very first house who are so contradicting. This salesperson, really very good. She even have the initative to bring us to her following site to show us some ideas. And we signed the reasonable deals with her. We are excited to see the final touched up so we can move in before Xmas.

After reading some thread. Indeed true that we as a houseowner engaging with risks. But at least, not all salesperson are crooked.

Cheers mate.

I have engaged this ID from this company for my brand new 4 room flat. It was not the cheapest infact, he gave me the 2nd highest price as compared to 4 other company which is more reputable. I would say I was somehow 'convinced' by the designer Mr F. Contract was signed sometime between November and December 2012. As during that period, everyone was in an hurry to complete their renovation before Chinese New Year in Feb 2013, I told my ID need not rush before Chinese New Year but I want Quality work from him. He gave me his promised. 15% of the total payment was paid.

December 2012, nothing done. January 2013 nothing done. Only got 3D in February 2013 after keep calling him for it. Hacking start one week before Chinese New Year and work stop during Chinese New Year period. Work resumed in late February 2013 and I asked my ID to give me the schedule and the estatimated time of completion. He told me the entire renovation will be completed late March 2013 and I can arranged my furniture to be moved in. Payment 90% paid. End of March, furniture moved in and renovation not completed yet. It is now mid April 2013 and the work is not completed yet. When we call up the ID, he started to give 'attitude'. I am willing to share my encounters with this company and my ID to every brother and sisters out there. PM me and I will respond. I will provide update on the renovation soon.

I have engaged this ID from this company for my brand new 4 room flat. It was not the cheapest infact, he gave me the 2nd highest price as compared to 4 other company which is more reputable. I would say I was somehow 'convinced' by the designer Mr F. Contract was signed sometime between November and December 2012. As during that period, everyone was in an hurry to complete their renovation before Chinese New Year in Feb 2013, I told my ID need not rush before Chinese New Year but I want Quality work from him. He gave me his promised. 15% of the total payment was paid.

December 2012, nothing done. January 2013 nothing done. Only got 3D in February 2013 after keep calling him for it. Hacking start one week before Chinese New Year and work stop during Chinese New Year period. Work resumed in late February 2013 and I asked my ID to give me the schedule and the estatimated time of completion. He told me the entire renovation will be completed late March 2013 and I can arranged my furniture to be moved in. Payment 90% paid. End of March, furniture moved in and renovation not completed yet. It is now mid April 2013 and the work is not completed yet. When we call up the ID, he started to give 'attitude'. I am willing to share my encounters with this company and my ID to every brother and sisters out there. PM me and I will respond. I will provide update on the renovation soon.

Hi Edily,

I wonder if you have update on your reno progress?

I wonder if the company try to help resolve your issue by sending another ID to work on your project or they simply leave it as it is?

Advice is to skip this company. Started my hdb unit with an ID 'A' from there. Sound sincere and a lot of promises given. Started renovation on 8 June with expected handover on 5 July. Was promised that it definitely can be done. Till date, wet works and electrical still not completed. ID totally no experience at all. From start, she has not done a single thing that is correct. U asked her when is false ceiling done and she will do the next week and done wrongly. Ask here when is gas pipe done, reply is next week and then done wrongly. I wonder how did she get the job to start with. Even the simplest thing like clear rubbish, also need to tell her how and many times. It will be the biggest mistake to engage them and especially that ID.

Hi Edily,

I wonder if you have update on your reno progress?

I wonder if the company try to help resolve your issue by sending another ID to work on your project or they simply leave it as it is?

Hi Don, I hope you did not choose this company.. less than a month after the work hand over (not forgetting it take 6 months to complete my work), I discovered all my 70% of my carpentry hinges were rusty.. I cant believe my eyes when I first saw them. We called Boss Joanne several times and basically she ignored us. We end up calling the carpentry guy directly who inform us he cant do anything and he did not get his money at all.. The best part is I cant even fixed the modem when the Singtel people came over today!! The reason, my wiring got problem!! so now with my feature wall is already mounted, I might need remove the whole **** feature wall to fix the wiring again.

The last I heard of from them is that their showroom got lock up.. not sure if it is true.. but this company CANNOT be trusted.. 5 years warranty is BS!! I am considering going to CASE.. if anyone of you want some photographs as prove, feel free to PM me.. by the way, their partner 'sense art' is already history!!

Advice is to skip this company. Started my hdb unit with an ID 'A' from there. Sound sincere and a lot of promises given. Started renovation on 8 June with expected handover on 5 July. Was promised that it definitely can be done. Till date, wet works and electrical still not completed. ID totally no experience at all. From start, she has not done a single thing that is correct. U asked her when is false ceiling done and she will do the next week and done wrongly. Ask here when is gas pipe done, reply is next week and then done wrongly. I wonder how did she get the job to start with. Even the simplest thing like clear rubbish, also need to tell her how and many times. It will be the biggest mistake to engage them and especially that ID.

I hope you have not pay too much in advance.. I regret it.. the boss 'sound' very sincere and everything you say, she will 'yes,yes,yes'.. but...

Hi Don, I hope you did not choose this company.. less than a month after the work hand over (not forgetting it take 6 months to complete my work), I discovered all my 70% of my carpentry hinges were rusty.. I cant believe my eyes when I first saw them. We called Boss Joanne several times and basically she ignored us. We end up calling the carpentry guy directly who inform us he cant do anything and he did not get his money at all.. The best part is I cant even fixed the modem when the Singtel people came over today!! The reason, my wiring got problem!! so now with my feature wall is already mounted, I might need remove the whole **** feature wall to fix the wiring again.

The last I heard of from them is that their showroom got lock up.. not sure if it is true.. but this company CANNOT be trusted.. 5 years warranty is BS!! I am considering going to CASE.. if anyone of you want some photographs as prove, feel free to PM me.. by the way, their partner 'sense art' is already history!!

I hope you have not pay too much in advance.. I regret it.. the boss 'sound' very sincere and everything you say, she will 'yes,yes,yes'.. but...

Hi Edily,

Sorry for the late respond. Haven't check on renotalk for quite a while.

No, I did not engage this company. Thanks to your advise, I called up the ID and asked for her respond on the many issues you mentioned to me. She came over my place and tried to reassured me with all the blah blah blah. In then end, I requested 2 things for her to proved what she mentioned are true and that was the last I heard from her. This was despite the fact that I told her I liked her 3D drawing and are willing to sign her up once she proven to me the 2 things I requested.

Hi guys,

could you PM me the names of your IDs from icon d'zign please? Am thinking of engaging someone who recently left the place, but a little worried after reading all these bad reviews. I'm quite keen on this ID as his attitude was pretty earnest, but it sounds like all your nightmare IDs from the company started out appearing nice.

Thank you in advance for your help! :)