Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
dragonnite

Dehumidifier Recommendation ?

I was looking for one to buy and was recommended the Europace one at Best Denki. I like it that the tank capacity is big, it's got wheels and at the back, features a water outlet that can be connected to a tube so that it can drain directly to the toilet (if I'm away for long periods). Auto-cutoff of power when the water tank is full too...

Europace EDH216

Anyone has any other recommendation of a reliable dehumidifier or is this ok to buy ? Those that I see in Homefix seem a little small...

Just to clarify, I'm going for the one that dries the air in the room, not a humidifier that blows mist into the air. :notti:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Buy novita dehumidifier more quite. I using hong kong brand 20L dehumidifier cos my home too humidity. Nov-jan i need turn on frequently. Last night i turn on the tank is full. Homefix one cheap.

Buy novita dehumidifier more quite. I using hong kong brand 20L dehumidifier cos my home too humidity. Nov-jan i need turn on frequently. Last night i turn on the tank is full. Homefix one cheap.

ah, i noticed not all homefix stores carry the dehumidifier tho - do you know which ones carry it ?

ah, i noticed not all homefix stores carry the dehumidifier tho - do you know which ones carry it ?

homefix i not sure never buy before. u can try diy shop @ vivo city near giant. or buy novita nd296i 180watts

u can buy Europace EDH216 to try. I never use this brand before so i can't advise u. west area humidity very high. i turn on night, it is full in morning.

Edited by dean

homefix i not sure never buy before. u can try diy shop @ vivo city near giant. or buy novita nd296i 180watts

u can buy Europace EDH216 to try. I never use this brand before so i can't advise u. west area humidity very high. i turn on night, it is full in morning.

You switch on whole day and close windows?

You switch on whole day and close windows?

Not whole day. Put it in living room and turn on occassional night for at least 6hrs and must close kitchen windows. Now raining season hor i must turn on frequently. Novita nd296i 180watt power consumption $469. Mine 290watt power consumption.

U google and find ppl selling used dehumidifier for $40.

I think it waste $ and waste energy. Why you need buy dehumidifier? Diy at vivocity selling cheaper version dehumidifier.

I bought the Europace 216 for the bomb shelter. Very quite and energy efficient. Turn it on 24/7 and the electricity bill was hardly affected by it. Some people ask why buy such an expensive dehumidifier, use HIppo lah. Prior to this unit, my bomb shelter always smell musty and moldy. Used those Hippo disposables but their absorbancy rate is too slow. Now my bomb shelter smells clean and feels drier - I can spend 15 mins in there digging for my stored away stuff and not sweat like crazy.

Btw, if you turn on 24/7 during rainy season, the bucket will fill up in about 3 days. Now drought season can last longer - approximately 5 days.