Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
rulz

From An Empty Shell To A Comfy Home

Things are finally looking up for the renovation. Got the keys in early August but renovation has not started. Part of the reason is because we had some defects to rectify (lucky minor ones) and also because we now are in the queue to get the cement screeding done by HDB. The process is taking ages since almost everyone is looking to either lay vinyl, laminate, parquet and wood flooring somewhere in the house and there's only 1 contractor doing the screeding for each development.

Anyway, we have already done some shopping for the house, together with my ID. He's quite a nice guy and very easygoing and seems to have quite a lot of lobang for all the tiles, electrical and fitting needs. He also owns his own carpentry workshop, and thus the cheaper carpentry costs. We decided on him because of the good vibes he gave us. Very honest with this opinions and he is very fast. He sent our quotation via emails, and then have a basic layout planned all within a 1 week. So much faster than some of the IDs I went to previously. Best thing, his quotation is actually lower that what we budgeted as he doesnt really charge manpower costs and he does his carpentry inhouse.

For tiling, we went to this shop in Balestier - Lian Seng Hin Trading. Wah, there was so many diff types of tiles. Got our homogenous tiles - retail price is at $3.30 (new style mirroring marble finish). I'm sure ID has discount.

Straightaway, we went to hunt for lightings. Also in Balestier, - Chan Huat Lighting. Man, that place is so big and so many different types of lights.. Got LED downlights for around $40. All in all, spent around $2k for the whole house - LED downlights for living room, LED hanging light for dining area, hanging lights for the walk-in wardrobe, a circular led light for the master bedroom, 2 toilets, normal lights for the 3rd bedroom and kitchen, and a simple light for the service yard and bombshelter. So expensive.. hard pain. Better be worth it!

We also went around shopping for kitchen and toilet fittings the same day. Another shop, cant remember the name but in the end, got a stainless steel undermount kitchen sink for around $218, a kitchen sink tap for around $90 and the usual toilet fittings.

So excited that everything is starting already. now just have to wait for HDB to start doing the cement screeding!!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Things are finally looking up for the renovation. Got the keys in early August but renovation has not started. Part of the reason is because we had some defects to rectify (lucky minor ones) and also because we now are in the queue to get the cement screeding done by HDB. The process is taking ages since almost everyone is looking to either lay vinyl, laminate, parquet and wood flooring somewhere in the house and there's only 1 contractor doing the screeding for each development.

Anyway, we have already done some shopping for the house, together with my ID. He's quite a nice guy and very easygoing and seems to have quite a lot of lobang for all the tiles, electrical and fitting needs. He also owns his own carpentry workshop, and thus the cheaper carpentry costs. We decided on him because of the good vibes he gave us. Very honest with this opinions and he is very fast. He sent our quotation via emails, and then have a basic layout planned all within a 1 week. So much faster than some of the IDs I went to previously. Best thing, his quotation is actually lower that what we budgeted as he doesnt really charge manpower costs and he does his carpentry inhouse.

For tiling, we went to this shop in Balestier - Lian Seng Hin Trading. Wah, there was so many diff types of tiles. Got our homogenous tiles - retail price is at $3.30 (new style mirroring marble finish). I'm sure ID has discount.

Straightaway, we went to hunt for lightings. Also in Balestier, - Chan Huat Lighting. Man, that place is so big and so many different types of lights.. Got LED downlights for around $40. All in all, spent around $2k for the whole house - LED downlights for living room, LED hanging light for dining area, hanging lights for the walk-in wardrobe, a circular led light for the master bedroom, 2 toilets, normal lights for the 3rd bedroom and kitchen, and a simple light for the service yard and bombshelter. So expensive.. hard pain. Better be worth it!

We also went around shopping for kitchen and toilet fittings the same day. Another shop, cant remember the name but in the end, got a stainless steel undermount kitchen sink for around $218, a kitchen sink tap for around $90 and the usual toilet fittings.

So excited that everything is starting already. now just have to wait for HDB to start doing the cement screeding!!

Hi, can you PM me your contact?