Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
meeko

Our Oriental-Rajasthan Inspired Home

Hey folks! Sorry for the rather lengthy silence on my end. It's been a crazy busy 2 weeks. Had our stuff- 80 over boxes- unpacked over the last week or so. And of course, there was the loads of cleaning up to do before the official move in.

Will be updating with some pics as soon as I have the time to take a breather from all the sorting out and organizing of tons of stuff :) see ya soon!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Nice reno. Clean sleek look.

What is the other brand used for the kitchen cabinet other than Blum?

Now that's a good question. All I know is that it's a made in China brand that performs just as well as the Blum ones (according to Mr Alan), but costs quite a bit less. So far, the hinges seem to work fine. I'll definitely ask Alan for the name of the brand when I next see him.

Hi Meeko,

Your kitchen is really nice. Did you source for the pull out cabinet yourself? Otherwise, do you mind sharing where did you purchase them from?

Hi Snowy89,

Apologies for the super late late reply. It's been a crazy year end and start to 2014.

Thanks, we love our new kitchen. Been using it for the last 4-5 months and so far everything still works and looks good. Workmanship is pretty great, I must say. The pull out cabinet was supplied by the carpenter, from Aian, which is owned by my contractor, Alan. Just told them what I wanted and they had it done and installed.

Do watch out for more pics of our home. Finally have the time to sit and have a breather.

Now that our reno journey is over, it's time to really sit back and enjoy the blessing of having a completed home :) Will give more detailed feedback on my contractor later on, but suffice it to say that hubby and I were happy with the final results. A big shout out and thank you to Alan from Alan Design!

Ok, and so the grand house tour begins- Welcome into my world!

The Entrance/ foyer

g6pv.jpg

This was taken when we just moved in so pardon the slight mess

efp.JPG

i00y.jpg

Always lovely to come home and catch a glimpse of my home!

Gong xi fa cai! First lunar new year in the new home and it feels GOOOD!

Been having issues posting pics on the renotalk site from my laptop, so no choice- it's back to my trusty iPhone.

The Living Area:

y7w5.jpg

At night with just our lamps on.

lnnb.jpg

My tiny office/ study table.

View from the living room couch:

s5n0.jpg

d9g1.jpg

Pretty pleased with my custom made TV cabinet and antique chair :)

Our 2 Chinese "gu"... And yes! We use them as stools. They're pretty hardy and can take a lot of weight.

p2r8.jpg

Edited by meeko