Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
punggoldweller

Air Con Installation Pitholes

Hi everyone,

I thought I should share here some pitholes I encountered with my air con seller who outsourced the installer to air con service people.

They did a bad job with the trunking, patching up but don't feel that they are in the wrong. Hole in wall can still be seen.

Their Site Supervisor insisted that if he is the one doing the installation he will do it the same way. But I think it was unnecessary to cut away part of my false ceiling frame and it was done without notifying us and without our consent.

I have a post under Electricial in Post Renovation. But realise that it is more useful for people who are still selecting their air con installer.

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/topic/61891-air-con-installation-blotched-job/#entry817735

The 2nd air con installer I consulted about the problem was more professional, gave me a 1/2 hr explanation about the trunking and what they can do for us. He also explained that once the compresser is installed, his company sends in the warranty card and then by right we the owner will receive by snail mail. But it is different from the 1st installer I engaged.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

The Site Supervisor maintain that it is necessary to clip away my metal frame structure.

Just found one of the photos of the trunking done for my place.

. IMG_0216.JPG

Just curious, anyone discover cockroaches and ants nest inside your trunking? Are trunkings actually more of a nesting place for pest?