IMG_4956.jpg

the shower kerb is up

IMG_4954.jpg

Fridge & cabinet base in our kitchen also completed

IMG_4955.jpg

The other side...

IMG_4958.jpg

Washing machine base with tiles also nicely done

Overall, we are quite pleased with this week progress as seen in the pics :good: Thanks to Marco's weekend arrangement, we got to meet up with the carpenter earlier this morning to confirm our cabinets designs & requirements. Guess we'll see the carpentry works in times to come..hee :jammin:

Edited by drmzer

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Our contractor's details to answer to pm enquiries:

Hoong Fatt Heng Renovation Works

322F Changi Rd

Singapore 419797

Marco: 97474187 :good:

Edited by drmzer

ooh u r using the same contractor as my friend. unfortunately her reno doesn't seem as smooth as yours.

Izzit? so far so good for me, been quite pleased with service and quick response :thumbs up: Gt the contact from a frd who used them earlier for her amk resale flat. Seen their worksmanship & went through a few rounds of quotation / price negotiation (reasonable) b4 confirming to use them.

yar...keep hearing her complain..lol anyway it's common to have differing views & experience for the same contractor..mine was a classic example! LOL

good to hear that yours is smooth. :)

yar...keep hearing her complain..lol anyway it's common to have differing views & experience for the same contractor..mine was a classic example! LOL

good to hear that yours is smooth. :)

True, I m also keeping my fingers cross and hope to see the pot of gold (gd end results) at the end of the rainbow :D who knows, maybe ur frd will like the end results despite the slightly rockier process.

Punggol Emerald :D

haha... i realised you mentioned it earlier... but was too excited to look at pictures din look closely enough.... looking forward to your finished reno...

Hi neighbour, your blog is so interesting. I'm from Blk 265D, just recieve my key last week and still sourcing for renovator. Will ask a quote from your contractor.

haha... i realised you mentioned it earlier... but was too excited to look at pictures din look closely enough.... looking forward to your finished reno...

it's ok :D also looking forward to tat day, like everyone here is looking forward to theirs. Juz hope we can all enjoy e process and is pleased with the end results when tat day comes, regardless of the experiences and issues we may face along e way (touchwood) :P

Hi neighbour, your blog is so interesting. I'm from Blk 265D, just recieve my key last week and still sourcing for renovator. Will ask a quote from your contractor.

Thank you for e compliments neighbour, so nice & kind of u ;) If u wan a more accurate quote, be gd if u can bring all ur shortlisted contractors / IDs down to ur plc to take a look. There and then, they can take the measurements and note ur wants and sometimes may give some ideas / recommendation which u may not have tot of, which u can incorporates into ur theme. Dun rush into it, only engage when both of u are comfortable with tat person and after seeing the worksmanship and going through rounds of quotation (trust me, cfm can cut one - how much lower will depend on both parties le). Rem to build a gd chemistry and rapport with ur contractor so easier to tok & negotiate - as much as we r afraid to pick a bad one, they r fearful to eat a rotten (problematic) apple too :lol:

Edited by drmzer

Week 4 :sport-smiley-018:

Was informed by Marco earlier this week to confirm our wall colors so tat he can call his painter in. He also enquired the dimensions of our dining table as his electricians would need the approximate lighting point so as to lay the dining lights later and asked us to get all the lights ready by this weekend. Our project is still progressing :sport-smiley-004: and he pre-empts us beforehand on the thgs required - really like e way he handles our project :good:

Went down to our abode tis morn to take a look & like wat i saw..keke..

IMG_4960.jpg

Our 3 X brick walls :D

IMG_4961.jpg

...drool on sight..haha...exaggerating here la... :lol:

Initially, i tot no one was around in the house cos the door was properly locked, but i was wrong...gt a surprise when i found him in one of the rooms...

IMG_4965.jpg

quietly does his job and was very polite and knows his stuffs when I enquires on the painting.

IMG_4966.jpg

Nippon Easy Wash with Teflon - using tis for our hm ;)

Going rather simple with the colors as we do not wish to 'over-colored' the place. As we wish to bring out the raw brick walls effects and to eventually blend well with the furniture and customized carpentry works, we opted for the white shades.

Week 4 continues... :horse:

Had earlier arranged with Marvin for the delivery of the lights by today. He was already waiting for me at the doorsteps with smiles when I returned from lunch :thumbs up:

Marvin went thru e list of items with me and told me tat he has earlier checked and label for me nicely le - sweet :good: (definitely saved me e trouble to label for e electricians - excellent service siah)

IMG_4974.jpg

Prompt delivery - so happy :sport-smiley-004:

IMG_4976.jpg

Our loots from "lights culture" :D

IMG_4977.jpg

Our loots from "Philips" - gt them from the Philips Carnival 2 weeks ago..keke :P

The electricians were also around when the stuffs were delivered. After bidding Marvin goodbye, went through the list of lights with one of the electricians, think his name is Jeffrey, as they need to confirm with me which lights to install where. Luckily Marvin had earlier labelled the items thus going thru all the lightings with Uncle Jeffrey was pretty fast & easy :jammin:

Manage to grab a short chat with the electricians. Gt to know tat Uncle Jeffrey has been doing his work since 16 years old and he is 50plus now - wow...years of experience older than me :jawdrop: but i like it..keke :P They were sharing stories with me that every couples have differing views and wants for lighting in their homes - recently they have fixed a home with 6 lights while another with more than 60 lights.

IMG_4980.jpg

The diligent and friendly electricians...thank you :good:

Went to our house earlier this morning, but was :jawdrop: to see the fallen brick! Any expertise around that can advise us; to lay brickwalls, izzit necessary to do seeding, roughen the wall before laying the bricks and do grouting? Our contractor told us that there are other method to do the brickwalls, I wondered izzit safe? And now with the fall bricks which worries me as all the bricks have been laid!

image-17.jpg

image-18.jpg