Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
fsuz

Water Seepage On Walls In Bto Flat

Hi, just checking if anyone has had a water seepage problem before in their BTO flat? I.e. there are water stains on your walls that have one side facing outwards. It was not obvious before we painted because the water stains dont show up on white walls and the rainy season also started only when we began our renovations..

We called the building service centre to inform them about the problem and they said it was due to our renovation. First they said it was because we removed the timber skirting, but we told them that we did not have that as we did not opt for the tiles. Then he changed it to it was due to us replastering the wall and damaged the waterproofing. But again we didnt replaster those walls either.. And woukd replastering cause damage to rhe waterproofing? He is refusing to do anything about it and the building service centre is closing down tomorrow.. wondering whether anyone has had the same seepage issue and can advise us on what we can do to get it repaired? Can we ask the town council or hdb for help? Dont really want to end up paying for something that was not our fault! Thanks!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I went to talk to their management and they gotten their subcon to come in & redo water proofing job. All my reno plans are on hold till they sort out the defects and repaint the affected area in my MBR ceiling.

Wish you luck to solve this, i havent settle mine yet... 2 weeks & still counting from key collection date.

OT, do not wash floor with HDB timber skirting. I went to wash my new floor and the timber skirting warp within 2 days, didnt get maincon to resolve this as i have plans to do laminate overlay. Original skirtings will also make way for the new ones so didnt make a fuss over the quality of HDB supplied timber skirting.

It is best that you do not start your renovation until the issue is resolved.. Once they have finished repainting, wait for a while to see if the matter is indeed settled.. If you are on the top floor, wait for a few days of heavy rain and monitor.. If you are not, then see if your neighbour can help by pouring water on their floor where the problem is.. Because once you start reno, any further seepage will be blamed on your contractor and it is more difficult to get BSC to rectify..

All the best for your reno!

I went to talk to their management and they gotten their subcon to come in & redo water proofing job. All my reno plans are on hold till they sort out the defects and repaint the affected area in my MBR ceiling.

Wish you luck to solve this, i havent settle mine yet... 2 weeks & still counting from key collection date.

OT, do not wash floor with HDB timber skirting. I went to wash my new floor and the timber skirting warp within 2 days, didnt get maincon to resolve this as i have plans to do laminate overlay. Original skirtings will also make way for the new ones so didnt make a fuss over the quality of HDB supplied timber skirting.