Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
JTL

Aircon Servicing / Repair To Avoid

AVOID <<Ah Hong 90291655>> AVOID

What started out as a servicing/cleaning turned out to be a nightmare.

He was called in for a chemical clean for a master bedroom unit. It was fine after the clean but after a few days the unit stopped cooling the air.

He returned and diagnosed that the motherboard was faulty. He swapped it out with the unit in a 2nd bedroom and the master bedroom unit "worked". Meanwhile he said he'd source for a replacement motherboard for the 2nd bedroom.

A few days later the master bedroom unit once again started to blow hot air. But when I called him in, the problem seemed to go away and the air was cool. He claimed that I had messed around with the remote control settings. He also replaced the 2nd bedroom motherboard with one he brought with him.

Within the next few days, the master bedroom unit went from cold to hot and cold and finally to hot and stayed that way. When called back he said that he couldn't do anything else and that I had to call Mitsubishi. At the same time, the 2nd bedroom unit just stopped functioning. It could not even power up. He came reluctantly and said that it was my aircon that was spoilt and I had to call Mitsubishi.

The Mitsubishi mechanic came and replaced the thermostat in the master bedroom unit. It now works. The 2nd room unit, on the other hand, is dead and they no longer stock the motherboard.

I called Ah Hong to ask for my original motherboard but he said that he'd thrown it away and that it's the aircon that's faulty. I said that Mitsubishi said it was the motherboard that was faulty but they are not able to replace it as they don't stock the part. Ah Hong insisted that Mitsubishi was wrong and requested I make another appointment with them and call him in at the same time.

In all likelihood, the original motherboard was working as the thermostat was faulted by Mitsubishi. But now I'm left with a faulty unit that I can't repair.

Just sharing my experience. You decide if you want to risk calling him in.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request