Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Serene Seah

Super Bad Experience With Lion City Co!

Guest Serene Seah

Those who are planning to buy things from them, please kindly search on review about them.

Personally, I just had a very bad experience with them. Brought a item from them on few days back but suspect it wasn't a new item, email to ask about refund. In the email, the boss told me to bring it down to their shop. Brought it all the way down to geylang and guess what?! Refund was a big NO!! When I step in the shop, a old woman ask what I want in a very unfriendly tone. I told her nicely that I wanted a refund and I've email their boss about it and he was the one who asked me to bring it down.

She look at the box and say it wasn't even open, how do I know it's not new. And they don't entertain refund. As I was emailing the boss all along, I told her nicely could I see the boss. Waited for her to go in and she came out telling me the boss is busy. Like wth! Still nvm, I told her nicely it was the boss who told me to bring it down, let me speak to him. She went in again and eventually the boss came out.

He look at the box and told me the same, it's not even open how do I know it's not new. I told him honestly that I did open up to check, the wired is not tied like how a new item should be and the switch head should have a cover like how other new electrical items should be. And now, wow! He say u already opened, how can I refund u? Look at how they turn n twist their words!!

He insisted that it's a new item. And dare me to complain to CASE. Once is enough, I'll never support those small shops again. Anybody wanna deal with them do pay extra caution. Their price may be cheaper than retails, but if there's any problem just to save that little money, it's totally not worth it. Would rather spend more in retails as a insurance than having so much trouble now.

Anyone else encounter unpleasant purchase with them? What are the solution? Or anyone complaint to CASE about them? It's my first time having problem with purchase.

Edited by Serene Seah

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I visited this shop last year but was thoroughly ignored by the non senior citizens in the shop. After a few minutes, I was served by an elderly lady who also didn't seem interested but at least acknowledged my human presence. Their online prices might seem competitive but their attitude definitely priced them out of the competition.

Still, I would like to say I bought almost all of my major electrical appliances from the more well known small neighbourhood shops which offered very competitive pricing and good service. So I don't think it's right to stereotype the small shops in the same stroke as LC. Conversely, I didn't like the attitude (or pricing) of most of the bigger electrical applicance chains around. Most salespeople were rigid in pricing (potential multiple purchases) or just reciting obvious information from catalogues/brochures. Go beyond that and most will either repeat the catalogue/brochure info (not answering the question) or just fabricate something that wasn't logical. As a consumer, I prefer honesty and I appreciate and admire an "I'm not sure but I will try to find out" answer if it is a question that the brochure/catalogue doesn't provide.

Guest Serene Seah

Ya, not all small shops do business like them. But it really scare people away as small shops are always less reputable than bigger retails. This whole issue with Lion City is such a nightmare!! They don't take customers seriously and it's like customers owe them kind of attitude. Their price show online may be cheaper, but if there's any issue, u'll lose more than gain.

Almost buy something from them after browsing through the Lazada webpage.  Try to call them to check on some info before go down. But never call back after 2 days, call them again, a lady pick up the call sounded quite rude.  Luckily go to Jalan Besar over the weekend manage to get some good deal then forget about them.  Thanks for sharing. :)