Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
OfficialCC

Will You Accept / Reject This Defect Rectification?

Hi guys, new to these forums and need some opinions here ... not sure if I posted it in the wrong folder before, but if the BTO updates folder is the wrong place for it could an admin remove my post over there, thanks.

When doing my defect checks, I noticed that 1 of my bedroom windows was wet on the inside at the rubber seal area, and submitted it as a defect, along with some other rubber seal problems at my service yard.

The BSC office called me to say that all rectifications were done, and when I checked the same window, it was dry, but at the same time I noticed something else ... an unusual shape of the metal part of the window:

jwbEJpF.jpg

I4JYV1R.jpg

Yes it was dented in, and in all possibility this was the cause of the leakage during the recent heavy rain we've been having.

I submitted this to the BSC office as a new defect, and at the end of last week they called to say that it has been rectified. So I went down to my unit and this is how it looks now:

99MUEbL.jpg

The metal has been knocked out rather than replaced, and looks to me like they sprayed silver paint over the area to cover up discolouration from the damage. Only problem is, it's not smooth, you can still feel 2 "humps" and the indentation in the middle when you run your finger across the stretch of metal.

If you are me, will you accept this as "Rectified"? Or will you reject it? More importantly, can you request that they replace this with a new window?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation