Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Janethelow

Please Advise If This Is A Reasonable Quote? 4Rm Bto About $26K

Hi everyone,

Going to collect my keys to my 4rm BTO at end of Feb.

I went to Facebook and found an ID firm which is having an open house promotion, registered and went down with my hubby last weekend.

One of the designer attended to us and we talked for an hour or so to discuss about our designs and he also shared with us some ideas of his own. Me and hubby quite like his attitude and he responded fast when we have questions for him.

He have given me the quotation already. Can anyone advise if this is a reasonable quote?

I was offered a package deal that includes free gifts such as tv console, featurewall, kitchen sink, hood/hod and upgrade kitchen worktop upgrade to quartz which I think is quite useful and means I could save these money for other purchases. The package was about $12k.

Below are the additional work he says are not included in the package, altogether it came up to about $26k plus. Still within my budget, in fact my budget was set at 35k but I didn't tell him hahaha.

I asked him if there were any additional cost I have to incur and he mentioned about electrical works, so it's a good thing I have enough spare budget.

Should I go for this quotation? I hate to say this but I dislike going around to seek for alternatives as it's time consuming and weekends are for my family day. Moreover, hubby said that chemistry is also very important when we are selecting ID, we felt that this designer is quite straight forward and honest looking, unlike my friends telling me that all IDs are ah bengs lol.

Any advices?

Masonary Works

Additional 4ft kitchen base 180.00
Shower Kerb at common and master bathroom 160.00
Carpentry Works
Kitchen Area
(L)2ft tall unit kitchen cabinet in solid-ply high grade laminate finish 900.00
Additional 4ft kitchen cabinet 600.00
Living Room
Full height Shoe Cabinet (L)4ft in solid-ply finish with high grade laminate 1,040.00
Full height feature wall 8ft(L) c/w tap door in solid-ply finish with high grade laminate to hide bomb shelter 1,600.00
Master Bedroom
(L)3ft suspended dressing table with mirror in solid-ply high grade laminate finish 510.00
(L)6ft Full Height sliding laminate wardrobe in solid-ply high grade laminate finish 1,500.00
Bedroom 2
(L)5ft Full height sliding laminate wardrobe in solid-ply finish with high grade laminate finish 1,250.00
(L)6ft x (D)500mm suspended study table in solid-ply high grade laminate finish 780.00
Bedroom 3
(L)5ft Full height sliding laminate wardrobe in solid-ply finish with high grade laminate finish 1,250.00
Quartz Worktop
Additional (L)4ft quartz work Top (Selected Range) 440.00
Glass Works Area
Kitchen
(L)8ft Kitchen Glass Backing (Black) 560.00
Aluminium Works
Sliding clear sliding window at service yard. Color according to HDB standard 640.00
Ceiling Works
Master Bedroom
Light holder for Master Bedroom 500.00
Bedroom 2
Light holder for Bedroom 2 350.00
Bedroom 3
Light holder for Bedroom 3 350.00
Miscellaneous Works
Haulage Works 400
A grand total: $26,319.86

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi,

Just a sharing that i think if u direct go for contractor the price mine slightly about 10 to 20 percent cheaper. Look into ur quote, i found that there is some item with reasonable price and some of it with a high price. Anyway, overrall still ok compare to my renovation works

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your sharing. I actually met up with another 2 ID firm and I received a shock when the one of the ID quoted me 38k for the same design, as for the other quotation I am expecting, no news at all. I am not very experienced in this matter and just wish to spend accordingly to my budget.

I will most likely be going ahead with my first quotation, I will give updates about the progress of my renovation plans in time to come.

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your sharing. I actually met up with another 2 ID firm and I received a shock when the one of the ID quoted me 38k for the same design, as for the other quotation I am expecting, no news at all. I am not very experienced in this matter and just wish to spend accordingly to my budget.

I will most likely be going ahead with my first quotation, I will give updates about the progress of my renovation plans in time to come.

I think it's very expensive especially the shoe cabinet and bomb shelter cover.With that amount you can make a wardrobe.Material costs is just a tiny fraction.Btw ,what is high grade laminate?Bullet proof?Fire proof?becareful with the terms though.To know more bat quality and the price,go sungei kadut...that's where they get materials mostly .Its ok for them to profit but not to that kind of prices

Yes going direct contractor can save you a lot.