Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

I finished my house renovation recently with luxur. A lot of my guests who came to my house and say my house design is very homely,  I tell them luxur is my ID. Then, one of my friends sent me some link because they are interested in getting luxur to quote for their penthouse. I am shocked to see the reviews because my experience with luxur is very smooth. I actually walked in their office randomly and beam served us with our enquiry. The second meeting was on site, I am impressed because they showed us with 3D board already before we engage them. After seeing a few designers, me and my wife decided to go with luxur even though their price is higher. We liaise with Alan more during the renovation, we really appreciated him because we made a few last mins changes for the carpentry design and we thought we can't move in our fengshui set time. But Alan rush and complete all the major changes but let his worker come in to install  handle and cushion for bench seating after we move it a week later. After i see the review, I am very curious and we chit-chat with them the other day. They explained the entire story to me it was a case few years ago, they didn’t do a perfect job as what the client is expected and so the relationship went quite bad with this only client. I think they are quite sincere, at least they don’t deny when I asked them. This is why I am happy to leave a good review for them. They told me they learnt from the mistake and improve themselves, which I can promise they complete my house renovation nicely, just like they help me with my last min request so i can move in time, I am really thankful for this. They show me the CNN office project photo they just completed and the testimonial from CNN on their facebook page.  So I definitely support them and recommend them to my friends.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

was also considering Luxur Design for my home renovation about 2 years ago. I met with Alan Neo and Beam Ker and they showed me their commercial projects portfolio, and their office was quite nicely done up . 

I did some research on the internet, and that’s when I saw the review about Luxur Design. I was also surprised when I first read it, coz it was so different from the impression I had about Alan and Beam. 

So  I decided to contact the homeowner whom wrote that review. And I was truly horrified when I heard their story about Luxur’s poor workmanship, overcharging and also their refusal to rectify the problems. I also had the chance to read the professional building surveyors’ reports, saw the photos, and also the court case. 

If Luxur were really sincere about admitting it was their mistake and that they have learnt from this mistake, i feel that they should have at least done the rectification, or made some financial compensation, or at the very least apologise. Instead, I heard from the homeowners that during the court case, they abandoned the old company (Luxur ID and Luxur Living) and started a new company Luxur Design, and then ignored the court case totally! This is typically what unscrupulous contractors and IDs do to avoid liability and responsibility. So I’m wondering how “sincere” Luxur is ....

I also saw another bad review of Luxur few months ago, about how Alan is actually a bankrupt and gangster, and that he goes around cheating and threatening contractors and homeowners and opening new companies. There were even photos of Alan Neo's bankruptcy records with full name and IC number, photos of his car and Luxur’s shopfront! 

So in the end, of coz i hired another company. Anyway lucky you, but I definitely did not want to run the risk of paying the “tuition fees” for anyone to so call “sincerely learn from their mistakes and improve themselves ”.