Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
petalfruit

Stage 2 Milk Powder

Hi,

i'm giving my 7mths+ baby similac 2nd stage ... + Nestle Cereals an heinz baby food .. however since i changed her milk to 2nd stage, she's been constipating really really bad ... i'm crying with her sometimes too ... please help ... advice me ... :lol:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

my son was constipated when he was on cereal and package food as u r giving ur son but once i changed to homecooked porridge he had daily BM with no problem. its simple food...just boil some rice with lots of water and add fresh veggies like spinach and carrots, can add fish also if baby will eat. but i recommend u try with veggie first then if he ok then can introduce new food.

keep us updated...it sure is painful when baby cries. good luck

If you baby is constipating for a few days, you may want to bring her to see a doctor first. Constipation is quite common for many babies (including mine.... record was 5 days without poo-ing).

My mum believes that cereals for the baby can be very 'heaty', resulting in constipation. Likewise, milk powder (as opposed to breast milk) is supposed to be 'heaty' and can bring about constipation. The paedetrician that we brought our baby to see seems to concur with this view.

When we first started my baby girl on Nestle Rice Cereal twice a day, she constipated for a few days (she was about 7 months old then). We then decide to let her have the rice cereal only once a day. For the other meal, we let her have porridge. We use combinations of the following when cooking her porridge: spinach, carrots, sweet potato, tofu and fish. To further help in her bowel movements, we also feed her one small banana (pisang mas) every day. If we don't have pisang mas, we will feed her grated apple. All this seems to have helped in her bowel movements.

Starting this week, my 10-month old baby girl is now totally on formula milk. She seems to like Enfapro (which is Stage 2). For the last few day, we observed that her poo is more solid than before (i.e. when she was on part formula and part breast milk). We will continue to monitor her bowel movements and adjust her diet accordingly.

I sugest you go easy on the cereal, add in more water and then monitor. I had tried the nestle cereal on my son and find it a bit heaty for him. At this stage, maybe try to give him rice cereal, which is not so heaty. It will be good to squeeze fresh apple/pear fruit juice for her to drink ocassionally.

Another thing we normally do when son got sick or too constipated, will be boil lots of water with rice (rice water) and let him drink as normal water. Try to give your baby as much water as possible.

Hope above helps.