I have just bought a corner terrace and wanted to find out the process and costs involved.
If I wish to close up (probably sliding doors) the sheltered outdoor dining area at the side and extend my living room, do I look for a PE or Survey? Or do I just get a builder to extend as the area is already covered and that setback is already 2m? What are the estimated costs for doing so?
When looking at the corner terrace from the front, It has a slightly odd shape at the bottom left. How do I know what is the setback from the boundary line? Is it still 2m? Or does it differ because it’s a corner terrace with an odd shape?
And also what costs are involved for the following:
1) to hack 4 toilets including tiles to make way for a new one including sanitary furnishing?
2) painting of interior and exterior including roof
3) changing roof eaves
4) do up 4 more cable points throughout the house
5) changing car porch roof and make the roof a uncovered balcony?
6) including a facial intercom at the side gate
7) changing of the main automatic gate as it seems quite dated
Thanks again for the valuable advice!