Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Air

Electrolux Ew887f

Hi, anyone using it? We just tried washing our brand new bedsheets, load was 3/4 full, I set to temperature 60E, 850rpm and the whole washing cycle took 2.5 hours! We tried washing towels using the Quick Wash function and the washing cycle took 1hr+. We read the manual from front to back, back to front but couldn't find out how come the washing cycle took so long, are we selecting the right programme??

Any of you had this problem? How can we select a short washing cycle? Sorry, first time using front load! :P

Edited by Air

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Air, my w/m same as urs !!

I use 60E, 500rpm...usually will take 2hrs. I tink its normal leh...front load will take longer to wash cos it uses lesser water. Usually, i wash my queen size bedsheet, quilt cover, 4 pillowcases, 2 bolster cases & 2 bath towels at one shot.

Air, my w/m same as urs !!

I use 60E, 500rpm...usually will take 2hrs. I tink its normal leh...front load will take longer to wash cos it uses lesser water. Usually, i wash my queen size bedsheet, quilt cover, 4 pillowcases, 2 bolster cases & 2 bath towels at one shot.

oh wah you can squeeze in so many things ah?? I put in my king quilt cover, 2 pillow cases, 2 bolster cases and already 3-4 full, i dun dare to load in my bedsheets so in the end, i wash my bedsheets in another cycle...total 4hours plus...i want to faint...so long....you packed the wm full full?? If can, then next time i dump everything in liao...hv u tried a shorter washing cycle? Any idea how to select a shorter cycle? Even the quick wash also quite long and some more quickwash cannot select water temp... :P

Edited by Air

Call electrolux support and they'll guide you on how to use...

i used to have a electrolux washer and it took ages to complete a wash, i subsequently found out that's typical for continental washers....

Call electrolux support and they'll guide you on how to use...

i used to have a electrolux washer and it took ages to complete a wash, i subsequently found out that's typical for continental washers....

Thanks...ya I read somewhere that for continental washers, the washing cycle is longer....haiz...

oh wah you can squeeze in so many things ah?? I put in my king quilt cover, 2 pillow cases, 2 bolster cases and already 3-4 full, i dun dare to load in my bedsheets so in the end, i wash my bedsheets in another cycle...total 4hours plus...i want to faint...so long....you packed the wm full full?? If can, then next time i dump everything in liao...hv u tried a shorter washing cycle? Any idea how to select a shorter cycle? Even the quick wash also quite long and some more quickwash cannot select water temp... :dancingqueen:

hehe...yeah, i juz squeeze cos i wana test the limit mah...Still spins v well, so not to worry. As long as dun overload all the time, i tink its ok loh. I've tried shorter washing cycle as well. For clothes dat i noe are not v dirty. Juz press the quick wash button...but not all functions can use quick wash. For eg, if u use 60E or delicate, i tink cannt use quick wash function.

All along, my parents use top load & they complain non-stop thou washing time is indeed much faster. Shape of clothes dun last v long as topload abit 'rougher' loh. Thou it takes longer, im ok with it..cos when i do housework, i plan one lor...such dat by the time i vaccum, wash & mop finish everything, the clothes finished washing liao. Then i can hang liao, lol. The only thing i regret is not getting a w/m dat has this delayed function. Would be great if i can time it to start washing at 5pm so dat the clothes will be ready for me to hang when i reach home at 7pm+.....

hehe...yeah, i juz squeeze cos i wana test the limit mah...Still spins v well, so not to worry. As long as dun overload all the time, i tink its ok loh. I've tried shorter washing cycle as well. For clothes dat i noe are not v dirty. Juz press the quick wash button...but not all functions can use quick wash. For eg, if u use 60E or delicate, i tink cannt use quick wash function.

All along, my parents use top load & they complain non-stop thou washing time is indeed much faster. Shape of clothes dun last v long as topload abit 'rougher' loh. Thou it takes longer, im ok with it..cos when i do housework, i plan one lor...such dat by the time i vaccum, wash & mop finish everything, the clothes finished washing liao. Then i can hang liao, lol. The only thing i regret is not getting a w/m dat has this delayed function. Would be great if i can time it to start washing at 5pm so dat the clothes will be ready for me to hang when i reach home at 7pm+.....

hehe thanks for clarifying! Yest we tried washing our bedsheets again and the bottom of the washing machine leaked water...duno y leh....our drum was only 3/4 full nia..we didn't dare to put in too much washing powder too...very headache now leh....only used the wm twice....duno if it's connection problem or washing machine problem...not the first time it leaked water liao.... :rolleyes:

Now hv to call electrolux ppl to come to see what the problem is... :bangwall:

Aiyo, why lidat??? Dun wori, Electrolux support is good...I've been using it since last Dec, till now no probs...But if it reali spoil, i also duno how cos the whole set-up was done by the delivery uncle loh...i still read the menu now & then thou...esp the part on maintenance of w/m...

Aiyo, why lidat??? Dun wori, Electrolux support is good...I've been using it since last Dec, till now no probs...But if it reali spoil, i also duno how cos the whole set-up was done by the delivery uncle loh...i still read the menu now & then thou...esp the part on maintenance of w/m...

Duno why like that leh :bangwall:

Ya their support quite good, my hubby called them earlier today but their line was busy so he left a voicemail and 5 minutes later, the person from electrolux surprisingly called him back cos he thought those kind leave voicemail one sure no hope....so arranged for him to come down tmr to check what is wrong with our wm, hope nothnig serious... :bangwall:

Ya I kept flipping the instruction manual, now my manual dog-eared and nua nua already :bangwall: