Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
cueball

Help Need On Id Selection

Hi guys..

from my post count can tell im a noob.. Just got a place. 5rm 134sqm and will be lookin for ID (maybe)

A few question is..

1) if i go to a ID and ask for quote. Do i need to pay?? Or i need to pay when he done up the 3d drawing??

2) Wht the main diff with hirin a ID and going to straight contractor ( other then the ID designin the place for u)

3) Wht the average sum needed to do up a 5 room.

Assumin doing the kitchen (just the cabinet),

window and grill for all window.

The wood layerin for 3 room.( no need to hack away previous owner tile).

Redo 2 toilet.

And maybe a wiw.

4) pls if posssible point me to yr blog and let me know the ID n price you pay..

tks alot. sorry for all the stupid question

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi guys..

from my post count can tell im a noob.. Just got a place. 5rm 134sqm and will be lookin for ID (maybe)

A few question is..

1) if i go to a ID and ask for quote. Do i need to pay?? Or i need to pay when he done up the 3d drawing??

2) Wht the main diff with hirin a ID and going to straight contractor ( other then the ID designin the place for u)

3) Wht the average sum needed to do up a 5 room.

Assumin doing the kitchen (just the cabinet),

window and grill for all window.

The wood layerin for 3 room.( no need to hack away previous owner tile).

Redo 2 toilet.

And maybe a wiw.

4) pls if posssible point me to yr blog and let me know the ID n price you pay..

tks alot. sorry for all the stupid question

ok i'm just a little less noob then you, but here is my 2 sen worth

1) asking for quote should be no obligations. but they will 'pressure' you into putting a deposit. and at this stage, everything is very rosy and everything is "can! can do! Yes! No problem! We can do this...Very Cheap! Confirm!". the story will be very different afterwards.

the deposit may or may not be refundable. when i met my ID at the expo, he agreed to make the $200 deposit i put down as refundable. In the end we still went with him because I was too pregnant to find another one. if you are not sure, don't. Can always come back another day.

as for the 3D drawing, i don't know why everyone loves them so much, but from what i've gathered, no it's not free.

2) initially i thought by getting an ID, he can do all the coordinating and running around for me, as well as on-site inspections while giving me 'valuable' advice but this is not so. also, if your ID is like mine, everything (lights, electrician, A/C) also get from his lobang otherwise he will pull face long-long and claim that what you got is sub-standard etc

3) can't say on this because mine is 4 rm. but my ID charged about 7K to re-do both toilets with standard fixtures.

4) no blog, i see everybody's pix here so nice, see my lousy house, feel so inferior complex. but spent 25K on the renovations.

tks alot.. pls recommend me yr id if u tink there are gd... tks alot.. i will continue to read up more so i can avoid asking stupid question

well i don't think my ID is fantastic. so i shan't reccomend him :D

tks alot.. pls recommend me yr id if u tink there are gd... tks alot.. i will continue to read up more so i can avoid asking stupid question

Hi, have PM you my recommended ID

Hi Cueball,

First I don think ur questions are stupid, and I assume tis is ur first time doing up ur love nest right. :D

1) No u don hv to paid a single cents in fact all the ID are hard up if u can go up to them. !!

Whereas for 3D drawing err... not all co. charges $$ but most of them charges $500 drawing fees and promise if u don like their ideas they can refund u in vouchers or fixtures that worth tat sum BUT not the $500 cash. 8|

2) A Good ID mostly co-ordinate with all the contractor including plumber, electrician, painter & air con contractor. Visit ur site to supervise & update the progress giving advise on the materials or color to use on ur hse.

For contractor first u must knw wat u wan and u can also show them the design u like to customise for u. Although they are cheap but u have to co-ordinate with everybody choose ur own tiles or paint and most impt u must hv some reno knowledge so that they wont push u ard.

Both got their pros & cons so u hv to give and take.

3) Avg sum veri hard to give that really depend on the co, and the materials u choose. For ur case 5 room

resales shld standby ard $25k shall be veri nice liao.

4) My blog already die liao so nothing to show anymore. 8| But this is my ID firm check it up. :D

http://www.intradesign.com.sg/residential_projects.htm

Yup, it my first time doing up a place..

Understadn that everyone hoope to get like home n decor style but that most possible with a gd budget..

So i wont push my luck too far also.

went to the web u recommend, and kanna like some of their design.

but understand the most of the the the budge will balloon up... hence give a grace of 5k more.

mean time will chk up all the gd id u guys recommend.

Im not lookin for a fantasic job be more of lookin for a ID where we can communcate like friend instead of the usual stuck up attitude. hence if any of yr ID u find gd, do let me know. cheers

Do u mind tell me how much u spend on yr place..

tks for yr help.

Yup, it my first time doing up a place..

Understadn that everyone hoope to get like home n decor style but that most possible with a gd budget..

So i wont push my luck too far also.

went to the web u recommend, and kanna like some of their design.

but understand the most of the the the budge will balloon up... hence give a grace of 5k more.

mean time will chk up all the gd id u guys recommend.

Im not lookin for a fantasic job be more of lookin for a ID where we can communcate like friend instead of the usual stuck up attitude. hence if any of yr ID u find gd, do let me know. cheers

Do u mind tell me how much u spend on yr place..

tks for yr help.

Dear Cueball :

I have exactly the same feeling as you 3 months ago.

I do have a tight budget but at the same time hope to get " most out of my Budget " with a good & reliable ID.

after going thru abt 13 ID firms, we have finally shortlist a ID tat is easy to communicate & most important, no hardselling & prompt services.

Now our house is to be completed in another 2 weeks time & glad to know my ID kept to his promise & workmanship is equally goos as he claimed.

If you need help or try getting a quote from my ID, maybe u could drop me a PM to lester2811@yahoo.com.sg.

I will give u more details okie...

Happy Renovating ! :dunno: