Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
smallfish

Winter Int'l Group- Any Experience On Buying Sofa From Them

Went to IFM at sungei kadut and kind of love this L-shape sofa .

Problem is there is no price tag and sales person quote > 2K and negotiaable. Just wondering any one got experience with this shop

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I jus placed e deposit on my sofa.

The lady who served me was not pushy, gave us room to tour IFC b4 making our decision.

Taught us alot on the sofas. However, their sofa ranges from 1k+ and above.

Depending on ur budget, ur liking. However, do be mindful that GST is not included in the price quoted yet.

Anyone received the products they bought frm WI recently? cos my sofa was custom-made, would like to know if it will come as promised. Hee...

I jus placed e deposit on my sofa.

The lady who served me was not pushy, gave us room to tour IFC b4 making our decision.

Taught us alot on the sofas. However, their sofa ranges from 1k+ and above.

Depending on ur budget, ur liking. However, do be mindful that GST is not included in the price quoted yet.

Anyone received the products they bought frm WI recently? cos my sofa was custom-made, would like to know if it will come as promised. Hee...

Have make up mind to buy from them on the L-shape sofa- manage to slash 15% off the price.

Now awaiting for delievery in Jan

Have make up mind to buy from them on the L-shape sofa- manage to slash 15% off the price.

Now awaiting for delievery in Jan

Let me know when u get ur sofa and post pic here k? mayb we got the same one! too bad i'm not as good as u, didnt manage to slash much.

hi,anyone have gotten their sofa fr them ald? I am waiting for mine to be delivered in mid apr

heard they are affliated to red apple which u guys can read from the reviews in the forum.

but im unsure if their standards are the same.

u try to visit their 'warehouse' on the main road in SK though the banner put red apple but when u enter u will see winter on the reception area.

Edited by jetfire

Hey I thought so too as I noticed their furnitures very very identical with Red Apple. When I asked the lady in IFC, she denies it. So how was your experience and the condition of your delivered goods? :yamseng:

Guest our-home

We went to look at the TV consoles and the saleslady Joanna was very friendly and helpful. Couldn't find the right size we wanted and she told us it could be custom-made.

We asked where the furniture was made from and it's from Guangzhou.

Decided not to order though cos the model we liked - mechanism for drawers was not smooth.

DO NOT buy from Winter. I placed an order from them when I went to IFC to look for coffee/side/dining tables in JUN. THe sales person, Apollo, was very very pushy, and i could see that the markups were high, since as a previous forummer pointed out, their stuff are made in Guangzhou.

I placed orders on 21 Jun 08 for a dining table with 4 fabric dining chairs, one rectangular dining table, one side table, all made to order to wenege veneer (instead of the cheaper glossy black laminate). Apollo claimed that using wenege veneer would take longer, but since i preferred that, I was willing to take longer. The stuff were just delivered (2 weeks later than the scheduled date, so > 2 months later; citing excuses like delays at customs), and since it has been a while from my order date, we werent really sensitive to the defects/wrong stuff that were ordered. I took a cursory look at the fabric chairs, and realized that one of the covers was too tight and over-stretched. Fine, then I saw the coffee table, it was a SQUARE. I re-checked the invoice, and it wrote 'RECTANGLE. We tried to calling them, but after many attempts, no one picked up/the line was engaged. btw, this was not the first time we had a hard time contacting them, everytime we tried calling them to cfm the delivery etc, we would have this. Extremely frustrating and exasperating. Regretted very much buying from them, their stuff is NOT value for money. Next, I examined the furniture closer, and realized that the dining table was in GLOSSY black laminate, instead of WENEGE VENEER, which we asked for. We had wanted everything to be in the wooden veneer (which was HIGHLY rec by Apollo, btw) so that it would look coordinated.

Finally, my husband got through to Winter, but APollo 'went to the toilet', so i listed out all the wrong specs and defects i discovered to the salesperson on the line. She said will revert to me, so I will update when that happens.

Then, I checked the dining chairs again, and realized that almost all the fabric covers had problems, one was too tight, all were not long enough at the side to covered the depth of the cushion of the chair. extremely POOR workmanship.

I am writing this to DISCOURAGE everyone from buying from them. I think I probably would have been MUCH better off even buyin from Ikea or Courts or any neighbourhood store with much lower markups and (easily) better service. I do not expect any more better service from them, but if the BOSS of WINTER is reading this, U had better do something about the quality of your wares/service before more ppl who had such experiences like me start bothering to log in their experiences with your firm here. And if you do want to make some amends for the lousy experience I had, feel free to contact me, I think your staff would have records of my invoices and my complaint.

DO NOT buy from Winter. I placed an order from them when I went to IFC to look for coffee/side/dining tables in JUN. THe sales person, Apollo, was very very pushy, and i could see that the markups were high, since as a previous forummer pointed out, their stuff are made in Guangzhou.

I placed orders on 21 Jun 08 for a dining table with 4 fabric dining chairs, one rectangular dining table, one side table, all made to order to wenege veneer (instead of the cheaper glossy black laminate). Apollo claimed that using wenege veneer would take longer, but since i preferred that, I was willing to take longer. The stuff were just delivered (2 weeks later than the scheduled date, so > 2 months later; citing excuses like delays at customs), and since it has been a while from my order date, we werent really sensitive to the defects/wrong stuff that were ordered. I took a cursory look at the fabric chairs, and realized that one of the covers was too tight and over-stretched. Fine, then I saw the coffee table, it was a SQUARE. I re-checked the invoice, and it wrote 'RECTANGLE. We tried to calling them, but after many attempts, no one picked up/the line was engaged. btw, this was not the first time we had a hard time contacting them, everytime we tried calling them to cfm the delivery etc, we would have this. Extremely frustrating and exasperating. Regretted very much buying from them, their stuff is NOT value for money. Next, I examined the furniture closer, and realized that the dining table was in GLOSSY black laminate, instead of WENEGE VENEER, which we asked for. We had wanted everything to be in the wooden veneer (which was HIGHLY rec by Apollo, btw) so that it would look coordinated.

Finally, my husband got through to Winter, but APollo 'went to the toilet', so i listed out all the wrong specs and defects i discovered to the salesperson on the line. She said will revert to me, so I will update when that happens.

Then, I checked the dining chairs again, and realized that almost all the fabric covers had problems, one was too tight, all were not long enough at the side to covered the depth of the cushion of the chair. extremely POOR workmanship.

I am writing this to DISCOURAGE everyone from buying from them. I think I probably would have been MUCH better off even buyin from Ikea or Courts or any neighbourhood store with much lower markups and (easily) better service. I do not expect any more better service from them, but if the BOSS of WINTER is reading this, U had better do something about the quality of your wares/service before more ppl who had such experiences like me start bothering to log in their experiences with your firm here. And if you do want to make some amends for the lousy experience I had, feel free to contact me, I think your staff would have records of my invoices and my complaint.

sounds really bad... are all their furniture from China?? :jawdrop:

I got a sofa from them... delivery in Oct *keeps fingers crossed*

sounds really bad... are all their furniture from China?? :jawdrop:

I got a sofa from them... delivery in Oct *keeps fingers crossed*

Yes, VERY bad, yes i think everything is from China, i went to check again and the coffee table is also 'rocky' i.e. the table legs are not of the same length. Really ridiculous, basically, each of the furniture pieces i received today has to be rectified / replaced. Yes I am wondering who will get the wrong order I received / am using now... and im hoping i dont get someone else's wrong order... Someone called Theresa called me just now to cfm what the problems were and said will return my call on Mon. Winter? Never again!!! And their stuff is not cheap too, the items i bought cost S$2200 + GST!

Hey, sorry to hear your ordeal. Your complain sounds very familiar as those from Red Apple. Which explains why... Apple is a spin-off from Winter International or vice versa. And I am still pretty much in love with their white coffee table :( sob sob

I went Sungei Kadut Red Apple today. I think they are related to Winter int as they shared some location. this no 65 Sungei Kadut I think.

Not very impressed with the salesperson. Was earlier told that the dining table is made with Veneer finishing(by another of their staff in another branch) but later told that it is some melamine finish.

Plus there is quite a big price difference across different branches.. I am still considering whether to buy from them or not.. as I like this particular dining table very much..

I went Sungei Kadut Red Apple today. I think they are related to Winter int as they shared some location. this no 65 Sungei Kadut I think.

Not very impressed with the salesperson. Was earlier told that the dining table is made with Veneer finishing(by another of their staff in another branch) but later told that it is some melamine finish.

Plus there is quite a big price difference across different branches.. I am still considering whether to buy from them or not.. as I like this particular dining table very much..

I share your sentiments on the dining table, just like mine for the kopi table :( One way is to take a lesser risk by placing a smaller deposit if you are afraid of any screw up with delivery. Personally, I do not like the IMM outlet sales ppl. Very pushy, always want to sell packages. Sungei Kadut sales ppl more bochap.

My hubby and I fell in love with their sofa as soon as we saw it last Sunday. The first sentence that came out from the salewoman is that "our furniture is the most expensive and best quality here". Was abit put off by that but were so happy when they cut the price from $3300 to $2800 (inc GST). Was even tempted to buy a whole package (includes the dinning table, TV console and coffee table) from them cuz they were willing to cut down the price from $6500 to $5400 for us. Luckily hubby felt that their workmanship is no so good so we decided against it. Now that I have read all these comments about it and its sister company Red Apple, am really very worried they will not deliver as promised on the 31 Oct delivery date... :(