Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
whally

Is This Quote Okay For Overlaying Of Tiles?

Hi. I purchased a second hand condo single bedroom unit. As the tiles in the kitchen has deteriorated quite badly (I think ceramic wall tiles are being used as floor tiles!), I intend to do re-tiling.

I have got two quotations, one a general contractor, the other a contractor/designer, both quoted me the same price for the following items:

1) $1000 - overlay of kitchen floor tiles (area 80 square feet) with homogenous tiles 30cm x 30cm from china $2.80 each piece. Pricing is for material and workmanship

2) $1000 - cover the strip of wall above the table-top and under the cabinet with aluminium (length is about 370cm). Pricing is for material and workmanship. aluminium to be attached to a wood board before being installed onto the wall.

I would like to know whether the above quotation is reasonable. I only want to do the above two items, maybe they quote me higher because of that?

Also, is using tempered glass for item (2) a good option? They quoted me the same price for tempered glass ($1000). They said they will spray paint on one side of the glass before installing them onto the wall. Will the paint deteriorate or discolor after some time? I did light cooking very often.

Thanks.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Got a fresh quote for 'stainless steel' for item 2. The price is $380. What is the pros and cons of using stainless steel vs aluminium? Is the quote okay?