Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
countrylover

Our Cosy Country Home

i cant rem the pricing for the drawers.. ya i got 2 tables.. paid extra for it. must go back see invoice then can get the prices haha. i bought a study table, chest of drawers, dining set from them. many items hor.. tats why i'm veri upset tat their painting/workmanship is not tat gd.

i tink they hv buffet hutch, their show room seems to hv. cant rem clearly cos been there twice only n 2nd time is to bring my drawer for replacement. duh.

they can custom make for u wadever u want but limited designs compared to IDs. some designs they cant do de.

ya lor the hooks are veri ugly tats why i also duno hwo to hang those daiso stuffs i bought. maybe use a small 3M transparent hook.. try it out soon then let u noe if it works. its supposed to be to hold wires in place de.. but i tink can hang things la.. will try it out :)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Our LG refrigerator was delivered last week.

DSC08128-1.jpg

We had our sink tap installed and plumbing done last week. The plumber is none other than my dear hubby. :P

DSC08160.jpg

Some country decor at the sink area.

DSC08163.jpg

DSC08152.jpg

Country signages in the kitchen.

DSC08132-1.jpg

DSC08136.jpg

DSC08138.jpg

DSC08151.jpg

DSC08157.jpg

More kitchen decor. :dancingqueen:

DSC08153.jpg

DSC08155.jpg

DSC08147.jpg

Still lots for room for more! Really hoped I can get my kitchen fully decorated soon but it will take time, cos buying decor items always burn big holes in my pocket! :deal:

Some decor on my display cabinet in the living room.

DSC08165-1.jpg

DSC08167.jpg

DSC08169.jpg

DSC08171-1.jpg

Hey,

Nice decor items you've got there! :D must have cost you a bomb. heh. Anyway, I don't think we got our customised signs from the same UK ebay seller because mine makes only rectangular ones while yours come in all shapes and sizes! :)

Looking forward to more pics!

It's been a while since I last updated my blog, as I've been busy with work and domestic stuff.

I shipped over some wallies from USA with a friend recently and over the weekend, spent some time to give my home a little makeover.

DSC08295-1.jpg

DSC08298-1.jpg

DSC08308.jpg

DSC08301-1.jpg

DSC08302-2-1.jpg

Edited by countrylover

Yesterday I passed by Takashimaya and was pleasantly pleased to find out that they are celebrating their 15 years anniversary and having a 15% storewide sale!

What made me more excited was that the sale also included all items from the Laura Ashley store! :notti:

Bought this candle holder which I've been eyeing for very long. Best time to buy since they are having a sale now.

DSC08318-1.jpg

Too bad I'm not a Takashimaya cardholder, if not I'll be entitled to an additional 15% off! :furious:

I also bought some paintings to decorate my kitchen. $4 each for the unframed ones and $5 for the framed ones. The unframed ones also come with a "buy 3 get 1 free" promo, so I ended up with 4 pieces! :P Will be giving some of these to a friend as I won't have space for so many in my kitchen.

DSC08309.jpg

More wallies for my MBR...

DSC08319-1.jpg

DSC08322-1.jpg

There are lots more, including big murals, which I've bought but not had time to put everything up yet. Will do so over the next few weekends. Can't wait to get them all up, as my home is still pretty plain, with some empty walls around.

hi countrylover,

im a new resident to be in TH blk 90. our reno is completed and our furniture will be in soon but we just discovered that our ceilings in all bedrooms and living room cracked. water droplets are formed on the ceiling and it is dripping water! the water is staining our tiles and cant imagine when our furniture is in, 100% will be spoilt.

may i check with u if u too, experienced dripping of water from ceiling?

We contacted HDB but the engineer just said, just paint it over it will be ok. so angry!

what are the steps and process u did to ask them to hack the ceilings for u?

kindly advise... Thanks alot.

hi countrylover,

im a new resident to be in TH blk 90. our reno is completed and our furniture will be in soon but we just discovered that our ceilings in all bedrooms and living room cracked. water droplets are formed on the ceiling and it is dripping water! the water is staining our tiles and cant imagine when our furniture is in, 100% will be spoilt.

may i check with u if u too, experienced dripping of water from ceiling?

We contacted HDB but the engineer just said, just paint it over it will be ok. so angry!

what are the steps and process u did to ask them to hack the ceilings for u?

kindly advise... Thanks alot.

Gosh...sorry to hear about that.

I suggest that you resolve your issue 1st and delay the delivery of your furniture.

My ceilings didn't leak, but there were defects in the skim coat. As a result, my reno was delayed by 2 months. I think your leaking might be due to some waterproofing issues?

Hmm...and I don't think painting over will solve this problem! Who was the HDB officer who spoke to you? I spoke to Mr Tan from Queenstown Branch Office back then. Will PM you his number. As we complained big time and even threatened to see the MP, they eventually proposed to hack the skim coats for my ceilings and rebuild them. You should tell them that the leaking has damaged your floor tiles and ask if they gonna pay for hacking and replacing the floor tiles if they still refuse to resolve the problem.

But it's a good thing too, that you discovered this leaking before moving. Can't imagine what will happen after you've moved in all your new furniture and this incident happens.

Country signages in the kitchen.

DSC08132-1.jpg

More kitchen decor. :dancingqueen:

DSC08153.jpg

Some decor on my display cabinet in the living room.

DSC08165-1.jpg

DSC08167.jpg

Such well picked items which suits your room perfectly!!! Phweet!

Gosh...sorry to hear about that.

I suggest that you resolve your issue 1st and delay the delivery of your furniture.

My ceilings didn't leak, but there were defects in the skim coat. As a result, my reno was delayed by 2 months. I think your leaking might be due to some waterproofing issues?

Hmm...and I don't think painting over will solve this problem! Who was the HDB officer who spoke to you? I spoke to Mr Tan from Queenstown Branch Office back then. Will PM you his number. As we complained big time and even threatened to see the MP, they eventually proposed to hack the skim coats for my ceilings and rebuild them. You should tell them that the leaking has damaged your floor tiles and ask if they gonna pay for hacking and replacing the floor tiles if they still refuse to resolve the problem.

But it's a good thing too, that you discovered this leaking before moving. Can't imagine what will happen after you've moved in all your new furniture and this incident happens.

hi countrylover,

the engineer came down 2nd time to inspect cos we discover more cracks and paint popping out. he still said the same old thing, wait for the unit above to complete their reno and see if the water leakage still persist. And he still advised that we should just paint it over.

Got so angry... and got into an arguement with him. At last, he then said " i will pay abit of money to help you hack the ceiling if you want to. " wa lao... cannot tahan his attitude. but at least managed to get something done. cos we wouldnt want to risk the furniture being damaged in future if we were to just paint the ceilings.

he will get the contractor to contact us soon.

thanks ya...

hi countrylover,

the engineer came down 2nd time to inspect cos we discover more cracks and paint popping out. he still said the same old thing, wait for the unit above to complete their reno and see if the water leakage still persist. And he still advised that we should just paint it over.

Got so angry... and got into an arguement with him. At last, he then said " i will pay abit of money to help you hack the ceiling if you want to. " wa lao... cannot tahan his attitude. but at least managed to get something done. cos we wouldnt want to risk the furniture being damaged in future if we were to just paint the ceilings.

he will get the contractor to contact us soon.

thanks ya...

Glad to hear that they have proposed to hack your ceilings. But I feel u shd request that they do it FOC since it's not your fault and probably due to the poor workmanship of HDB. However if it's due to waterproofing issues, I understand you might need to spilt the costs with your neighbour staying upstairs.

Hope the HDB contractor can resolve your problem soon. Understand your frustration as I experienced the same issue, a problem which took more than 1 year before HDB got it resolved! :bangwall:

Nice house....pretty deco. Love all your country stuff......

Such well picked items which suits your room perfectly!!! Phweet!

Thanks! My home deco is actually not done yet, still adding on stuff every mth. Hopefully everything can be nicely set up by end of the year. :dancingqueen:

Edited by countrylover

Time really flies! It's been a year since we moved in on 28 Jun last year. :) Have not updated this blog for a long, long time as I've been too busy and lazy. :P We might have moved in for quite some time, but over the past year, we are continuously making changes to our home, adding in new decor etc.

In fact, our reno is not 100% complete. There are some items in my wishlist which I hope to do by the end of this year. Due to budget constraints, we are progressively getting things done, so we don't burn a hole in our pockets. They include installation of shelves and book cabinets in the study room, wall display cabinets and buffet hutch for living.

Actually one of my greatest dream is to have a fireplace in my living room. We didn't have it from the beginning as hb felt that it's not practical for a HDB flat. After my constant nagging and pleas, he finally gave in to my request...yeah! Our custom-made fireplace just arrived 2 days ago. We also custom-made a mirror to be put on the wall above the fireplace.

In fact, we need to rearrange the living room to integrate the fireplace. We had it placed temporarily beside the living windows for the time being. The most ideal place is to have it at where our TV console is currently. We have intention to replace the living furniture as it's too bulky and doesn't really fit into our country theme. With this fireplace, the whole living looks really cramped. :o We intend to sell off our existing teak furniture over the next few mths and buy a new French country living set. That would make our country home more complete! :thumbs up:

I'm having problems uploading photos to Photobucket. Will try again later and post more up here.

fireplace001.jpg

Edited by countrylover