Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
caDAVEr

Any Recommendation(s) Cheap And Good Window Contractor?

Though not a must, but still feel like changing my resale flat windows (from sliding to casement). So far, the IDs quoting windows quite ex, most prob they also subcontract so prices not flexible. So I thought to find a contractor to do the windows myself, since window is quite independent of ID design... SO pls help!!! :)

Edited by caDAVEr

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Though not a must, but still feel like changing my resale flat windows (from sliding to casement). So far, the IDs quoting windows quite ex, most prob they also subcontract so prices not flexible. So I thought to find a contractor to do the windows myself, since window is quite independent of ID design... SO pls help!!! :good:

CaDaver Hi

Good call to have your windows subcon out. I did the same BUT there's fortunate & unfortunate elements.

Unfortunate = its not cheap!:D (Mine is white powder coated with green tinted glass & grills. All casement. 4ng Resale HDB unit. Damage = $3,200!:)) inclusive of toilet louvred windows as well.

Fortunate = Ive learned a lot from this window installer. Some unscrupulous installer will give hollow bars for grill (mine is double hollow). Some will provide sub standard rollers for grills. And of coz, workmanship & warranty after installation.

The ID's quoted me was around the $2.8-3.2K range & a quick check with them, its confirm they dont provide anything more than you need. In the end we paid more as we wanted peace of mind & not worrying about rusty window, faulty hinges & rollers stuck.

Cheers! happy Hunting.

Edited by vicenzo70

CaDaver Hi

Good call to have your windows subcon out. I did the same BUT there's fortunate & unfortunate elements.

Unfortunate = its not cheap!:help: (Mine is white powder coated with green tinted glass & grills. All casement. 4ng Resale HDB unit. Damage = $3,200!:bangwall:) inclusive of toilet louvred windows as well.

Fortunate = Ive learned a lot from this window installer. Some unscrupulous installer will give hollow bars for grill (mine is double hollow). Some will provide sub standard rollers for grills. And of coz, workmanship & warranty after installation.

The ID's quoted me was around the $2.8-3.2K range & a quick check with them, its confirm they dont provide anything more than you need. In the end we paid more as we wanted peace of mind & not worrying about rusty window, faulty hinges & rollers stuck.

Cheers! happy Hunting.

Halo, thanks for the advice!:bangwall: Mine is a 5-room pt and actually I am just installing window w/o the grills... I am not even going for the powder coated type... so far IDs quote 3.3k range...

You mentioned that the grills being lousy type, but is there also very low grade for the windows??? Did the window installer touch on that?! Many, many thanks for you advice!:D:P

CaDaver Hi

Unfortunate = its not cheap!:sport-smiley-004: (Mine is white powder coated with green tinted glass & grills. All casement. 4ng Resale HDB unit. Damage = $3,200!:bangwall:) inclusive of toilet louvred windows as well.

Cheers! happy Hunting.

Hi, can you recommend me your window contractor? Who is he, his contact details and the company he working for? Thanks.

Cheers! happy Hunting.

Hi!

I was looking to get window grilles just for my Balcony and the first place I would look for naturally was the classified ads.

Well, here are some of the adverts for window grilles that you can find in the saturday's ST classifieds:

3 room $233, 4 room $333, 5 room $433, (no name) or

3 room $288, 4 room $388, 5 room $488, (WellMax) or

3 room $220, 4 room $320, 5 room $420 (1st Grade) and so on.

Or Aluminium Grilles $3psf, or $4 psf etc

When I ask for quotation for my balcony window, I am quoted $250-$320 for 52 sq ft for a single sliding. I am flabbagasted. When I asked about their adverts, I am told the price is for small windows, fixed size windows, no sliding etc... Oh, ok..

So I got a few of them to come down to do measurement & actual quotation and what I get is a vastly different price of $420-$500 and I am given the similar excuses and reasons. $3 is for contractors & no retail. So why they advert $3 for psf when we dont get to enjoy the price?

I must be naive or am I missing something here?

Edited by zentheman

Hi!

I was looking to get window grilles just for my Balcony and the first place I would look for naturally was the classified ads.

Well, here are some of the adverts for window grilles that you can find in the saturday's ST classifieds:

3 room $233, 4 room $333, 5 room $433, (no name) or

3 room $288, 4 room $388, 5 room $488, (WellMax) or

3 room $220, 4 room $320, 5 room $420 (1st Grade) and so on.

Or Aluminium Grilles $3psf, or $4 psf etc

When I ask for quotation for my balcony window, I am quoted $250-$320 for 52 sq ft for a single sliding. I am flabbagasted. When I asked about their adverts, I am told the price is for small windows, fixed size windows, no sliding etc... Oh, ok..

So I got a few of them to come down to do measurement & actual quotation and what I get is a vastly different price of $420-$500 and I am given the similar excuses and reasons. $3 is for contractors & no retail. So why they advert $3 for psf when we dont get to enjoy the price?

I must be naive or am I missing something here?

Its better you get them to do an ATCUAL measurement of your windows to get an indicative cost. Its no obligation service provided by them, so dont get pressured to decide on the spot.

Cheers

Vince

hi.. trying calling Alan at <<edited phone number>>.. free quotation and design provided at your doorstep.. guarantee good services and material..

Edited by zirhk3355: No advertising.

May I hv Alan hp? Tks