Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ch0c0l4te

Chiara's Little Sweet Home

Hallo Cindy,

Welcome to TPY :yamseng:

Wanted to start a blog but I am too lazy to upload the pics I took :notti:

Your floor plan don't look quite updated leh, is there a wall between the kitchen and so-called balcony?

Finally saw someone who bought a 3-room flat in TPY. I have been living in TPY for many years and recently bought a flat for myself. Renovation is going on now, hope to move in mid of next mth :)

Mine is also in original condition but don't want to spend too much in making a major overhaul to it cos already paid too much for the flat. I am very broke now :drunk:

TPY flats are not cheap ah, so anyone planning to buy a flat here must prepare to pay more.

Feel free to ask me if you need any help :notti:

Wow what a good eye.... :notti:

Actually the previous owner already hacked that wall.. How do you know?

So care to PM me you flat's price?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

90% of the owner would want to hack that wall cos your kitchen would look very small and crampy with that stupid wall :sport-smiley-004:

Most of the 3-room flats in TPY I have been to had that wall being hacked down.

Have PM you my flat's price. Actually with this price, I can buy a 4-room somewhere else :notti: So used to TPY and with my parents & sister around here, didn't want to move out of TPY !!

What big overhaul do you intend to do in your flat?

90% of the owner would want to hack that wall cos your kitchen would look very small and crampy with that stupid wall !!

Most of the 3-room flats in TPY I have been to had that wall being hacked down.

Have PM you my flat's price. Actually with this price, I can buy a 4-room somewhere else :notti: So used to TPY and with my parents & sister around here, didn't want to move out of TPY :notti:

What big overhaul do you intend to do in your flat?

Well, here's the list :

1. Hacking the wall between the WC and bathroom and keep only one entrance

2. The living room floor is currently an ugly teraso. We're considering to have a homogeneous floor for the living room

3. Shifting the wall between the kitchen and the living room 1 m backward so we can have a decent dining room

4. The bedroom's floors is parquet/laminated floor (I am not so sure). Hoping we can just polish the MBR and CBR floor. If not removing and replacing the laminated floor will cost us a lot more :P

5. We like to change the front door + wrought iron gate and both of the bedroom's doors

The rest will be the carpentry, etc.

Can wait to pick the ID and move on to the 3D stage... :sport-smiley-004:

Edited by ch0c0l4te

Choco & babytan,

Can PM me your price of your flat? I have not decide where to buy my 3room yet, waiting to cross the 35th in July. but would to do survey abit here & there...

Thanks in advance.

PM-ed you, think largely depend on location too..

3room quite difficult to be too creative cos too small leh. my toilets even worse..small like..haiz

later i will upload my floor plan, do give me your advice too :unsure:

My living room floor is also Terrazzo, but not ugly in my eyes :P No intention to hack it since the day I bought it. I just told my contractor to polish it. Very shiny now :P

What about rewiring, piping and painting work?

Initially I wanted to do something simple for my flat. In the end, I changed the toilet bowl, instant water heater, basin cos they were of not-so-good quality... Burn a big hole in my pocket leow :bangwall:

Do note that if you wish to shift your kitchen sink from the current location to somewhere else, you will probably need to hack your floor tiles for new drainage pipe.

I am keeping my main door and bedroom doors as well, just paint them to the colours I like. Save $$ lah :bangwall:

My living room floor is also Terrazzo, but not ugly in my eyes :P No intention to hack it since the day I bought it. I just told my contractor to polish it. Very shiny now :D

What about rewiring, piping and painting work?

Initially I wanted to do something simple for my flat. In the end, I changed the toilet bowl, instant water heater, basin cos they were of not-so-good quality... Burn a big hole in my pocket leow :unsure:

Do note that if you wish to shift your kitchen sink from the current location to somewhere else, you will probably need to hack your floor tiles for new drainage pipe.

I am keeping my main door and bedroom doors as well, just paint them to the colours I like. Save $$ lah :P

Hi Yoki,

In the end we decided to use laminated flooring for living and bedrooms. I don't think we need rewiring since the previous owner had just done that last year. There will be plastering and painting for the whole house. Lots of hacking works to do. We'll change toilet bowl, basin, water heater, etc. Basically we'll do an overhaul to our new flat.

Btw, yesterday my hubby and I finally agreed on the ID. :unsure:

Can't wait to post the 3D drawing.

Edited by ch0c0l4te

how much your reno costs?

looking forward to your 3D pictures :notti:

My reno cost currently 28 K (exclude electrical works)

Still try to find a way to reduce it.

Things that we'd already sacrified :

- Homo tiles for the living room :rofl:

- Feature wall for the living room : i guess we can still live without it

- False ceiling in the bedrooms

This reduced the cost from our initial quotation more than 2K :sport-smiley-003:

ID currently working on the perspective drawing.....

We're considering not to cover all exposed area in the kitchen with homo tiles. It can reduce the cost up to 2.5K

:notti: Anybody have inputs on this matter?

You are actually doing quite a major work in your flat leh :good:

Yeah, you can't go for homo tiles in the living room unless you spend some $$ to hack away the Terrazzo. Going for laminate flooring is a cheaper choice now. I did not go for feature wall cos I can't even decide where my sofa will be placed eventually :sport-smiley-004: False ceiling is also out of my mind cos my current ceiling is already very low though I am not tall at all :D Frankly speaking, when you are on a tight budget, a lot of things can forgo liao.

Not to cover all exposed area with homo tiles? On the floor or walls? For me, I am keeping the existing wall tiles, the old fashion with square tiles and blue flower pattern. These tiles are laid half height only. I simply asked my contractor to paint yellow colour paint on the rest of the exposed walls. With my kitchen cabinet in orange-colour laminate, my kitchen looks so cheerful now :bath:

Got 3D diagrams to see or not? :sport-smiley-004:

You are actually doing quite a major work in your flat leh :notti:

Yeah, you can't go for homo tiles in the living room unless you spend some $$ to hack away the Terrazzo. Going for laminate flooring is a cheaper choice now. I did not go for feature wall cos I can't even decide where my sofa will be placed eventually :sport-smiley-004: False ceiling is also out of my mind cos my current ceiling is already very low though I am not tall at all :rofl: Frankly speaking, when you are on a tight budget, a lot of things can forgo liao.

Not to cover all exposed area with homo tiles? On the floor or walls? For me, I am keeping the existing wall tiles, the old fashion with square tiles and blue flower pattern. These tiles are laid half height only. I simply asked my contractor to paint yellow colour paint on the rest of the exposed walls. With my kitchen cabinet in orange-colour laminate, my kitchen looks so cheerful now :notti:

Got 3D diagrams to see or not? :dancingqueen:

For the kitchen, I actually don't like any tiles in the wall. Since we're going to use the kitchen area also for dining, we both feel kind of funny surrounded by tiles :)

My current kitchen tiles is actually a small yellow flower pattern. It is up to the ceiling. So we finally decide to hack all the tiles (floor + wall) and cement screed it. The gap between top and bottom kitchen cabinet will be filled by painted tempered glass :notti:

Don't have any idea how it's going to look like, but i think i'll like it better than the old full height tiles :notti:

I hope the 3D will be ready this weekend. Otherwise I'll :) donny :rofl:

So, stay tune for more pictures sometimes next week.

Edited by ch0c0l4te

Cool, your plan sounds nice :notti: Actually I also don't see the point of doing wall tiles for the kitchen.

What about toilet and bathroom wall tiles? Are you going to hack them as well? Just do cement screed?

Then you kitchen floor? Re-tile it or not?

Cool, your plan sounds nice :~ Actually I also don't see the point of doing wall tiles for the kitchen.

What about toilet and bathroom wall tiles? Are you going to hack them as well? Just do cement screed?

Then you kitchen floor? Re-tile it or not?

Wall and floor tiles in the bathroom will be hacked and change into homo tiles. I am thinking of something dark. Anybody have pictures of modern resort bathroom? :notti:

Kitchen floor will be changed to homo also...

Hope everything turned out to be as we imagine. 8|

Wall and floor tiles in the bathroom will be hacked and change into homo tiles. I am thinking of something dark. Anybody have pictures of modern resort bathroom? :)

Kitchen floor will be changed to homo also...

Hope everything turned out to be as we imagine. :notti:

sorry ah, noob qns...toilet put homo tiles meaning wat huh? 60cm x 60cm?

regarding the expose area thingy, i only know is cover wall tiles exposed area (meaning that those behind cabinet will not lay any tiles) this will save some $$

sorry ah, noob qns...toilet put homo tiles meaning wat huh? 60cm x 60cm?

regarding the expose area thingy, i only know is cover wall tiles exposed area (meaning that those behind cabinet will not lay any tiles) this will save some $$

Thanks for the advice babytan :notti:

The homo tiles in the bathroom floor and walll is the smaller one 30 x 30.

Donny still working on the 3D drawing. Fine with me as long as he come up with a good one :jawdrop:

Today we took another look and do some measuring with Donny in our future flat.

Whoa we changed our mind again.... We're finally doing some homo for the living too since the terazzo is a bit higher than the kitchen. My hubby thinks that laminate flooring will cause the floor even thicker so, better hack it off and lay some homo tiles...

After that Donny took us for tiles choosing at Lian Seng Hin (LSH) Balestier. Will upload the photo tomorrow.

We chose some tiles with 'earthy feeling' since we decided to have a modern resort theme...

All in cream, brown, dark brown. :notti:

The mozaic tiles was so tempting, but i guess it won't fit to our theme. And way to expensive... :yamseng:

Next stop is toilet bowl, sinks, tap shop... We went to INDULGE in Balestier also. Total damage 1.45K :notti: But i guess we bought most of the thing we need for our flat.

Forgot to mention that yesterday we went for mattress hunting. End up bought Simmons Night Vision Special edition - Queen for 1.63K. 2 set of mattress protector, 2 pillow FOC. Still wondering should we go for the king size instead :P Anybody have any idea did we bought that at decent price or what?

So tiles picture coming up tomorrow...

Edited by ch0c0l4te

So tiles picture coming up tomorrow...

Sorry for my blurry photos 8|

Need to learn how to take a better picture

Tiles picture coming up

Kitchen floor : actually it's a little bit rough, cream, glitter a bit.... give us beach feels

img0022um3.jpg

By ch0c0l4te, shot with Canon PowerShot A710 IS at 2008-04-06

Living room floor : 60x60 homo, cream also, have kind of 'wood' pattern. I just love woods so much. :dunno:

img0021hc4.jpg

Bathroom floor and wall tiles : another earthy feels. The floor tile actually the same material with kitchen floor but in darker tone.

img0023dy2.jpg

Now keep my finger crossed until the 3D design is ready.... :bangwall: