Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
simplyannes

Jm's Humble Home

Now I see your blog, Im prob the last to spam chop here. :P

Your place seems to be in good condition before reno. Like the white floor tiles.. are you retaining the original tiles for the living & bedroom since I see only toilet tiles you choose.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Wah really like your MBR ...so spacious....the huge windows will bring in so much light to the room...congrats again on the new flat!

Love yr food blog :good: Me just rekindle my baking interest and like to have a nice kitchen to bake :)

All the best for yr reno! :yamseng:

Can understand why you're particular about the kitchen. Your food blog is enough for me to :dribble: over the tempting treats. :lol: Btw,I finally baked my 1st real cake with success despite this being my 3rd or 4th attempt to bake a cake.

Hi Bun Bun! The house itself is in good condition except for the common toilet. The kitchen is okey but since we are particular and we consider the kitchen more important than the living room, we decided to renovate it. Also we have very limited budget so we have to prioritize things :( . We won't be touching the living, dining and bedrooms. We only intend to re-paint the whole house :D .

Can understand your anxiety over your reno. But surely your ID should have given you the drawing first? Should put down your foot and talk to your ID about the drawing. What if he claims the design done is as in accordance otherwise then how? Remember you're paying the ID to do the work so you should have a say for this

I know there is no such thing as a smooth sailing reno...one way or the other conflicts will arise and right now I'm experiencing my share of reno blues :(

Tiling has started yesterday on the two toilets and I wasn't satisfied on how my common toilet looked :bangwall: ...

Yesterday my ID consulted me on how I would like the tiling to be. It has been agreed upon to have one wall black and the rest of the walls white. On my part I really want mosaic to be incorporated on the design so he suggested to put a 2 column vertical mosaic line on the white wall near the door. Initially I asked him ideas if he can place mosaic on the white wall were the WC and wash basin will be placed :dunno: but he declined the idea because he says it won't look nice since the storage heater was placed on the top most corner. I agreed everything to be left white but at the back of my mind I know something can still be done. Even though they have already finished tiling some of the walls I still kept on thinking hard on what other ways ( yes, I've been pressuring myself to come up with ideas when in the first place my ID should be doing) I can place mosaic tiles on the wall. The thought struck me that it will definitely looked good to place vertical columns of mosaic tiles starting from the top of my WC since the WC we will be using is the short type ones. I consulted this to my ID what is the possibility re-doing it. As expected, he discouraged it because it was too troublesome for them and they couldn't deliver the flat to us as scheduled. he made it clear to me that resisted the idea. I accepted his decision :( but I am not happy with it . In fact, I am very upset :furious: but I learned my lesson from this experience.

On my part, I have to admit I have my share of faults as well like being unable to make up my mind on what tiles to choose but for a first timer like me I have no idea which tiles would look nice or not especially when there is no drawing presented to us on how it would look like. Yes, there was no proper 3D drawing which we could refer to :curse: . Although he emailed us a black and white drawing, I wouldn't consider it as such since it was a pathetic try :bleah: . He promised us that he will be sending us the proper drawing but even at this stage that the tiling has already started we still don't have any drawings. We are basing the design on what we've talked about but I think it would have made a huge difference if there was a drawing :deal: where we base our design expectation of what the room should look like in the end.

Right now, I let the toilet be but I won't take this sitting down if my ID messes up my kitchen 8| . :furious::furious::furious:

Can understand why you're particular about the kitchen. Your food blog is enough for me to :dribble: over the tempting treats. :lol: Btw,I finally baked my 1st real cake with success despite this being my 3rd or 4th attempt to bake a cake.

Can understand your anxiety over your reno. But surely your ID should have given you the drawing first? Should put down your foot and talk to your ID about the drawing. What if he claims the design done is as in accordance otherwise then how? Remember you're paying the ID to do the work so you should have a say for this

Hi BunBUn! Congrats on your baking success :yamseng: ! So what cake did you bake?

The thing is, the big move is this coming saturday already since the new owner of the flat that we are renting is moving in as well :( . My ID is rushing our toilets to done before our move. No choice but to stay there while thay are finishing up my kitchen. Good thing as well since I could vigilantly watch over them :notti: .

I plan to work closely with my ID with regards to my kitchen. I wouldn't settle for anything less since the only contribution that he could do is to insure that the workmanship is good :horse: . Design wise he never sweat a thing since we designed it ourselves 8|

Edited by simplyannes

I chose the Devils food cake recipe. Left out the filling as didn't want to do a 3 layered cake since I only have a portable & medium sized microwave oven with convectional function. Ended up doing choc icing(ganache I think) & scattered choc flakes over the ganache on top.

Wow, very big rush for you. Your ID very unprofessional wor. 8| How much is your quotation from your ID???

Hi BunBUn! Congrats on your baking success :yamseng: ! So what cake did you bake?

The thing is, the big move is this coming saturday already since the new owner of the flat that we are renting is moving in as well :( . My ID is rushing our toilets to done before our move. No choice but to stay there while thay are finishing up my kitchen. Good thing as well since I could vigilantly watch over them :notti: .

I plan to work closely with my ID with regards to my kitchen. I wouldn't settle for anything less since the only contribution that he could do is to insure that the workmanship is good :horse: . Design wise he never sweat a thing since we designed it ourselves 8|

I chose the Devils food cake recipe. Left out the filling as didn't want to do a 3 layered cake since I only have a portable & medium sized microwave oven with convectional function. Ended up doing choc icing(ganache I think) & scattered choc flakes over the ganache on top.

Wow, very big rush for you. Your ID very unprofessional wor. 8| How much is your quotation from your ID???

Devils Food Cake is one of my favorite. I love anything with chocolate and this type of cake will satisfy any chocoholics craving. I recommend that you try Tish Boyle's "Black Out Cake" :good: . It's one of the best chocolate cake I've tasted :dribble: . A bit time consuming though coz you have to make the cake layers, chocolate mousse and buttercream (for me I replace it with whipped cream) but the effort is well worth it. The combinations of the three components is really a must. If you want I can e-mail you the recipe :)

My quotation is 21,600+ and we still have some add ons. We are only touching two toilets and my kitchen plus whole house painting. My kitchen is a bit expensive since I have about 17 feet of black galaxy for countertop. My kitchen entrance is 4 panels of glass and if permitted to hack the pillar I will be a having 3 panels of frosted glass door for the service balcony .

wow 20k for just what you're doing. Can see that the toilets & kitchen are more ex since those are wet areas & require waterproofing if hack the tiles and lay new tiles le, not to mention the kitchen cabinets + counter top also. As for the recipe, I will pm you my email add later. :) Thanks for the recommendation!

Devils Food Cake is one of my favorite. I love anything with chocolate and this type of cake will satisfy any chocoholics craving. I recommend that you try Tish Boyle's "Black Out Cake" :good: . It's one of the best chocolate cake I've tasted :dribble: . A bit time consuming though coz you have to make the cake layers, chocolate mousse and buttercream (for me I replace it with whipped cream) but the effort is well worth it. The combinations of the three components is really a must. If you want I can e-mail you the recipe :)

My quotation is 21,600+ and we still have some add ons. We are only touching two toilets and my kitchen plus whole house painting. My kitchen is a bit expensive since I have about 17 feet of black galaxy for countertop. My kitchen entrance is 4 panels of glass and if permitted to hack the pillar I will be a having 3 panels of frosted glass door for the service balcony .

Good for you that you got your wish for the mossaic. Those might be stressful for you at some point but who hasn't experience such stressful times during renovation? At least yours is ironed out finally. :)

2485572209_930f0fd0cb.jpg

Met up with my ID this morning since I was restless with the idea of the plain white wall on the common toilet. I'm happy to say we were able to iron things out and my ID will follow my proposal of having mosaic columns on the back of the WC :dancingqueen: . Still I couldn't ignore the fact that I have to under go those stressful times because of the toilet alone :bleah: .

Tiling has already started. I'm pretty satisfied with the workmanship...

2485572037_1fd2565594.jpg

One side of the wall for the master's toilet

2485571805_5cce325e2b.jpg

The other half of the master toilets wall

2485572363_a83230538e.jpg

When we came back in the afternoon, the tiler placed the wrong tiles on the kitchen wall :o . It was a good thing we were there to correct him. The black tiles should be replaced with mosaic tiles :rolleyes: .

nice nice...

looking forward to your pictures of your common toilet wall tiles....

Thanks for dropping by :)

Drawings submitted by ID

2487524747_18e9edf58e.jpg

Kitchen- cooking and sink area

2487518025_3258dc0884.jpg

Kitchen - baking area

2487530113_500558aed2.jpg

common toilet

Edited by simplyannes

good choice of colors. dark flooring and white ceiling. makes your ceiling higher then normal. :)

hi diva79! thanks. I actually wanted to have white floors :unsure: but ID said it looks better in black. After seeing the finished toilet this afternoon, I totally agree with him :good: