Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
doggieR

Lousy/ Irresponsible & Inexperienced Agent!

My hb and I were looking ard for a resale flat.

We responded to an ad in classifieds and went to see the flat. We signed the option immediately as we liked the place and that the agent mentioned that we can move in immediately as the owner has vacated the flat.

14 days later, we exercised the option; waiting for the 1st appt. A week b4 the 1st appt, our nightmare started. The agent called to say that The Seller is unable to sell the flat as they did not fulfil the MOP regulation. So we gave them time to appeal until the 1st appt. During the 1st appt, the case was still under appeal but the officer said it's likely to be approved and that the most we have to wait is 3 more days. So we waited, then the news came that the appeal is rejected ann so my hubby wants to cancel the resale transaction. But to our shock and dismay, the Agent said that not only we would not be able to get the deposits refunded to us, we will be LIABLE legally and we would be "in trouble"!!!!

So from then onwards, my hb and I started to be on guard and liased with HDB directly... It's only then that we realised that upon the sellers not fulfulling the MOP, the contract is considered Null and Void. So how can we as the buyers be responsible? Furthermore, we gave a call to the agent's MGR, the MGR was worse... he said the agent simply took in what the onwer said... and that it's not the agent's fault NOT to check that the MOP is still active; and the MGR still asked us... "WHAT U WANT?!?! aiyoh....

Since then, we decided to have all correspondences in black and white. BUT everytime we asked for something, like re-imbursement of mover charges etc etc... the agent would ask US to draft. So we drafted the agreement and he would take abt 3-4 days and just say THE SEller reject and ask US to DO IT AGAIN!

HELLO!? who's are the ones supposed to do the work here? Why are WE paying the agent fees for!?

Really Irresponsible... Luckily we are aware of the HDB regulations and have lawyers at our disposal! Imagine those many out there who are cheated by this kind of inexperienced agents!!! My hb and I are so fed up with this matter... sure will sue them and bang them :bangwall: hard!!!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

i feel it is the duty of a professional agent to ensure that a unit clears all HDB rulings and it is marketable. the owner and agent should be liable for selling a unit before MOP!

hope things goes well for u!

i feel it is the duty of a professional agent to ensure that a unit clears all HDB rulings and it is marketable. the owner and agent should be liable for selling a unit before MOP!

hope things goes well for u!

Hi,

Thanks

Finally the agent spoke to the owner and they have agreed to pay the moving charges, but they requested us to wait indefinitely for the appeal. This we will not agree... so again.. I have to draft another letter to the owner saying that we will only wait until end of this mth.

Does anyone here knows if this appeal again is rejected... what can the seller sue for? Can we sue both the agent and the owner? Actually we have checked with our lawyers and they mentioned by common law, we can claim the diff of another similar unit. Has anyone met with such probs before?

Will appreciate any advice!

:bow:

Hi,

Thanks

Finally the agent spoke to the owner and they have agreed to pay the moving charges, but they requested us to wait indefinitely for the appeal. This we will not agree... so again.. I have to draft another letter to the owner saying that we will only wait until end of this mth.

Does anyone here knows if this appeal again is rejected... what can the seller sue for? Can we sue both the agent and the owner? Actually we have checked with our lawyers and they mentioned by common law, we can claim the diff of another similar unit. Has anyone met with such probs before?

Will appreciate any advice!

:bow:

Dear doggieR,

The owner have no case against you. This delay is cause by the seller and his agent. you can sue the agent and the seller. however it will be a very complicated case. have you check when is the mop date for the hdb you are buying. if you are really interested in getting the hdb flat, have you see the MP? ask them for help.

yes, i have hear of the common law. but i personally have not deal with such similar case before.

you can wait for the appeal or ask the them to refund all deposit and purchase other hdb flat.

if the mop is not met the otp is void. so deposit have to be refund.

all the best for ur case