Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Fireworks

707 Compact Shower And Lighting

hi

any idea what is the difference between compact, alpine and protek?

I ordered 2 panasonic instant heaters...just wondering if i should change to 707 instead....

According to royal fanco, these are the differences (besides dimensions):

1) Compact

- Smaller

- Same shower head as Alpine, smaller head than Protek (there is a cheaper verion of compact with cheapo looking white shower head)

- Only 1 LED indicator (On indicator)

- Pink and grey rings ard indicator

2) Alpine

- Mid size

- Same shower head as Compact, smaller head than Protek

- 2 LED indicators (On and overheat indicators)

- Orange and grey rings ard indicator

3) Protek

- Largest size

- Large rain shower-like head

- 4 LED indicators (On and overheat indicators + 2 others I forgot what)

- Grey rings ard indicator

I was told the pressure for the 3 are similiar and you're paying extra for the added safety features in each model + the different shower head. So I got one Alpine ($195) and one Compact ($185) instead of the Protek ($215).

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
According to royal fanco, these are the differences (besides dimensions):

1) Compact

- Smaller

- Same shower head as Alpine, smaller head than Protek (there is a cheaper verion of compact with cheapo looking white shower head)

- Only 1 LED indicator (On indicator)

- Pink and grey rings ard indicator

2) Alpine

- Mid size

- Same shower head as Compact, smaller head than Protek

- 2 LED indicators (On and overheat indicators)

- Orange and grey rings ard indicator

3) Protek

- Largest size

- Large rain shower-like head

- 4 LED indicators (On and overheat indicators + 2 others I forgot what)

- Grey rings ard indicator

I was told the pressure for the 3 are similiar and you're paying extra for the added safety features in each model + the different shower head. So I got one Alpine ($195) and one Compact ($185) instead of the Protek ($215).

thanks hobbes! i am able to get the protek at 195..same as my panasonic...so dunno whether want to change or not...coz my brother ordered 2 protek.....

the reason why i ordered 2 panasonic is coz of the digital screen...can tell the temperature....and i m concern with the water pressure issue, making the water not hot sometimes....wonder if panasonic or 707 is able to counter this ....

anyone any idea?

For my case, water pressure issue will only cause the water to become too hot, not the other way, cos water is taking too long to flow from tap to shower head.

I am staying in high floor and have water pressure problem. Even I set to lowest temperature, the water from my 707 can be unbearable sometimes, esp when the weather is hot. Nowadays, I only use the water heater when I am sick or unwell.

However, this depends on individual, my bf can stand the hot water but I can't. Maybe his skin is thicker lor.

We have cancelled by Centon water heaters cos my bro-in-law managed to get 707 Protek at $185 for us. Save some money and most importantly 707 is a much more recognised brand. :bath:

We have cancelled by Centon water heaters cos my bro-in-law managed to get 707 Protek at $185 for us. Save some money and most importantly 707 is a much more recognised brand. :bath:

Can you check with your brother where he purchase the 707 Protek @ $185 ? I am interested to get one. Your brother do know where to source for value stauff.

Please drop me an email or reply thru forum : water_cooler@yahoo.com

Thanks Mate !

Can you check with your brother where he purchase the 707 Protek @ $185 ? I am interested to get one. Your brother do know where to source for value stauff.

Please drop me an email or reply thru forum : water_cooler@yahoo.com

Thanks Mate !

hi water_cooler

I'm also keen Alpine or Protek

if can update me also thks

Edited by BlackGoD

Try Eng Soon Huat @ Jalan Besar.

can tell me how to get to this place? i stay in woodland.

Is there any other place near woodland which sell 707 heater with a reasonable price?

Not sure what bus you can get from woodland. Jalan Besar is not really near to any MRT station, I always take a bus if I need to go there. You may try this website, any bus that can bring you to sim lim tower should be pretty safe to take.

http://www.sbstransit.com.sg/journeyplan/overview.aspx

As for cheaper place near woodland for 707 heater, really have no idea. You may use the price stated in this forum as a gauge when you ask around your place. A 707 heater should be from $175 to $195 depending on the model. This pricing was given to me when I last sourced for it in jalan besar during March.

Just an update... My 707 Alpines have been installed and i'm quite happy with them. The pressure is good even though i'm on the top floor and the water heats up nicely...

Just an update... My 707 Alpines have been installed and i'm quite happy with them. The pressure is good even though i'm on the top floor and the water heats up nicely...

Where did you get your 707s from? You bought the compact too, is it good?

Wow, $185 is a very good price for 707 Protek. :good: I am interested to get one too. Can disclose where your bro-in-law got it from? If cannot disclose here, can please pm me.

Thanks alot!

Edited by jupiter

I've never liked instant heaters cos the flow rate is always lower than that of the storage heaters but my wife can't stand the sight of the huge water tank.

I have been using 707 Protek ($163, yeah inflation) since nov 2005 and it has begun to fail in early to mid 2008. The lower knob cannot control flow of water. I'm now looking for another brand. Someone was saying Mistral?

I've never liked instant heaters cos the flow rate is always lower than that of the storage heaters but my wife can't stand the sight of the huge water tank.

I have been using 707 Protek ($163, yeah inflation) since nov 2005 and it has begun to fail in early to mid 2008. The lower knob cannot control flow of water. I'm now looking for another brand. Someone was saying Mistral?

hey... there 5 years warranty... you shd ask them to repair the knob....

hey... there 5 years warranty... you shd ask them to repair the knob....

O is that so? Thanks for letting me know ... I'll check it out ... hope I don't have to bear labour to remove and send in ...