Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
xaleysan

Anyone Know Where To Buy Wooden Rice Bin (米桶)?

Hi,

anyone knows where I can buy wooden 米桶? Seems like most places only sell plastic ones, which I do not prefer.

Thanks in advance!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi,

anyone knows where I can buy wooden 米桶? Seems like most places only sell plastic ones, which I do not prefer.

Thanks in advance!

Hi,

You can try to find them in the incense shop, or those shop selling alot of barang barang, like broom ect don't know how to state it in the hdb heartland. Or you can try, those shop opposite si ma lu.

Hi,

You can try to find them in the incense shop, or those shop selling alot of barang barang, like broom ect don't know how to state it in the hdb heartland. Or you can try, those shop opposite si ma lu.

hi thanks!

i tried those "chapalang" shops but most of them also never sell! finally found one at hong lim.

I have a wooden rice bucket that I want to replace.

I read that it's better to keep rice in air tight container so to keep the rice bugs out.

For a few good years of using the wooden rice bucket, we didn't have any problem with those rice bugs.

One day, we bought some basmati rice and other small packets of different rice grains to try. My maid put these paper wrapped packets of rice in the same cabinet where we have the wooden rice bucket. Alas, we soon found rice bugs in the wooden rice bucket.

That prompted me to look online what to do with them and learnt that it's better to keep rice in air tight containers.

I have a wooden rice bucket that I want to replace.

I read that it's better to keep rice in air tight container so to keep the rice bugs out.

For a few good years of using the wooden rice bucket, we didn't have any problem with those rice bugs.

One day, we bought some basmati rice and other small packets of different rice grains to try. My maid put these paper wrapped packets of rice in the same cabinet where we have the wooden rice bucket. Alas, we soon found rice bugs in the wooden rice bucket.

That prompted me to look online what to do with them and learnt that it's better to keep rice in air tight containers.

hi!

thanks for sharing the information!

I have got a wooden rice bin and have been using for a month. So far so good, no rice bugs.

My mum was using a airtight plastic bin but there were still rice bugs, until we read somewhere that putting cloves of garlic with the rice helps.

We have been doing that, and since then, there have been no rice bugs in both the wood and plastic bins. Maybe you can try! :)

hi!

thanks for sharing the information!

I have got a wooden rice bin and have been using for a month. So far so good, no rice bugs.

My mum was using a airtight plastic bin but there were still rice bugs, until we read somewhere that putting cloves of garlic with the rice helps.

We have been doing that, and since then, there have been no rice bugs in both the wood and plastic bins. Maybe you can try! :)

will certainly try that! am i glad to read that there is a remedy and i won't have to replace the nice lookin' wooden rice bucket.

we didnt have the rice bugs infestation for years until we bought those little packets of rice to try. annoying. i'd have to be careful next time. probably put those in air tight container with cloves of garlic and watch what happens; could be like watching paint dry! :lol:

anyway, thanks a million xaleysan for your suggestion!

our place is still very much in a mess...........*wonders where's the rice bucket now* :lol: