Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
LittleDevil

Setting Up Our Own Home...

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi LittleDevil,

Agree with most of the forumers here... indeed... a very nice renovated home... simple yet classy.... do share more pics when more items are been added. :)

Faced some problems few weeks ago. On one of the super-heavy rainy day, rainwater seeped into our study room!! That is serious cos our floor is laminated flooring. BigAngel didn't realise the seepage even though he is in the room... 8| And so, when he eventually find the floor 'wet wet', there is already a big puddle of water gathered at one corner of the room. We panicked and rushed for dry cloths to wipe the area. But still too late. The damage? A few strips of the timber skirting bulged due to expansion and a section of our laminate flooring also bulged. :bangwall:

We investigated the source of seepage and realised the window frame left by the previous owner have a deep crack and that allows the water to seep into the room through the connection point between the window frame and the wall. We are so worried that the repair work will burn a hole in our pockets since the water seepage is caused by the previous owner's installation. As a temporary measure, BigAngel used masking tape to seal the crack while I called Darren immediately for help.

Thanks goodness! Darren quickly arranged to send a window repairman down to investigate the seepage issue and use a sealant to seal the crack. We decide to continue to monitor the situation before proceeding with the repair of the laminates flooring. The next few days, heavy and small rains come and go, and we are so relieve each time that no more water seeps in. After a week of monitoring, we called Darren and he send the laminates guy down to change the damaged strips.

And all this is done FOC! Furthermore, Darren has helped us to resolve the issue even though he is at that time suffering from some back problem and later even admitted into the hospital. As such, BigAngel and I would like to extend a BIG THANK YOU to him. :thumbs up:

Hi LittleDevil, may I know how much is ur id charge u on the 7ft built-in wardrobe in ur study room?

Here are some pictures on our carpentry work...

The 7ft built-in wardrobe at the study room... the sliding door panels not installed yet. Noticed a little pull-out panel at the right-hand side? It will have a piece of mirror on it.

P1030563.jpg

Been a while since we last updated our t-blog. Today is exactly 3 months since we shifted into our new place. Getting used to our new space and of course the household chores :dancingqueen:

Will post a series of pictures that show the live-in condition of our home...

As usual, shall start with the entrance/foyer.. as can see from the photo, we soften the look of the foyer by placing a large wooly rug on the pebble wash...

DYT_0002.jpg

A closer look at the pebble wash... like the colour of the pebbles... a bit reddish and brownish...

DYT_0004.jpg

Our full height shoe cabinet almost full house liao... need to clear some old shoes away to welcome the new pairs... :notti:

DYT_0007.jpg

This series of pictures show the living room area... first look, with the curtains open.. note the super shaggy rug we place in front of the TV console? We bought that at one of the Home Deco exhibition at Expo. Like the warmth it brings to the otherwise cold flooring.

DYT_0010.jpg

Second look - day curtain down. The bronzy organza-like fabric was recommended by the curtain maker and turn out the effect pretty good.

DYT_0021.jpg

Third look - night curtain down... sometimes we just on the standing lamps (2-bulbs) and off the ceiling lights to save energy and $... more romantic that way too... ;p

DYT_0014.jpg

View of the living room from another angle... hmm... like the backview and side profile of the sofa... look structured and comfy at the same time. The two big cushion (red and silver with black motiff) lying on the platform is FOC from our curtain maker. Really nice of them to let us choose the fabrics ourselves. We bought a Wii set lately and since we have not make provision for it during the planning stage, we will have to place it on the console with the wire dangling out there...

DYT_0015.jpg

Our dinning area with the black tempered glass table, PU leather chair and hanging lights. Regret the choice of black glass table top as it is really hard to maintain... dust/finger prints are extremely obvious.

DYT_0020.jpg

Edited by LittleDevil

Our kitchen... i'm 100% satisfied with our kitchen.. bright and airy, efficient layout, easy to clean, ample working and storage space. After 3 months of living (including quite a number times of heavy cooking), the kitchen still looks like new.

DYT_0055.jpg

DYT_0062.jpg

The clothing rack managed to solve my clothes-hanging problem after removing the original HDB-provided hanging bar to make way for my top cabinet. Sufficient to hang 1 whole week worth of washed clothings for both of us. Can be easily pulled to the guest room temporary if we need to cook.

DYT_0057.jpg

DYT_0063.jpg

Black galaxy kitchen top...

DYT_0091.jpg

Our master bedroom....

DYT_0100.jpg

The hanging lamp will cast shadow on the wall... and with the wind coming in from the window, the lamp will turn and so will the shadow... can be quite scary if alone at home at night...

DYT_0099.jpg

DYT_0102.jpg

Texture of the wallpaper...

DYT_0128.jpg

WIW... need to wipe once a month since it is not completely dustfree.

DYT_0092.jpg

Finally, the master toilet... so far still manged to keep the toilet clean and tidy... all thanks to BigAngel.

DYT_0107.jpg

DYT_0119.jpg

DYT_0113.jpg

Hi LittleDevil,

I really like ur MBR toilet ! I am looking to redo my MBR toilet too n u give me a great inspiration !

May I know how much does it cost to do just the toilet only, including the tiles, sink, tap etc ?

Thanks.

awesome work there....really really inspiring for us.. :)

but i thought the master bedroom lacks something as compared to the rest of the house.

maybe paint a different colour or just put somemore wallpaper on the walls?

btw, is the feature wall in the master bedroom done using false wall or wood?

awesome work there....really really inspiring for us.. :)

but i thought the master bedroom lacks something as compared to the rest of the house.

maybe paint a different colour or just put somemore wallpaper on the walls?

btw, is the feature wall in the master bedroom done using false wall or wood?

Thanks for the compliment!

Maybe we will source for nice paintings to put up of the wall adjacent to the feature wall.

The feature wall is made using gypsum wall and finished with wallpaper.