Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
evon48

Please Advise Me On These Quotations.. :)

Hi all, looking to do some simple renovation to my 20 year old home, a 5rm HDB.. mainly some work to kitchen and toilets, got these 2 quotes, appreciate any advice / comments! First time doing reno.. after reading many posts still kinda :unsure: If anyone could point out which parts can like do myself easily / cheaply, would be very nice, thx!!

Quotation A

1. Kitchen cabinet in ABS laminated finish, top & bottom 29ft x $120 = $5510

2. Kitchen granite table top 14ft x $120 = $1,680

3. Kitchen S/S plate cooking area 8 feet = $300

4. Dismantle sink and touch up finish = $450

5. Change 1 no of S/S bin $180

6. Dismantle 2 no of W.C. and change 2 nos new W.C. = $680

7. Master bedroom toilet flooring overlap ceramic tile = $550

8. Master toilet shower temper glass finish = $850

9. Dismantle cabinet to ENV dumping ground = $350

Total = $10,510

Quotation B

A Carpentry Works (Laminate finish)

1a. Fabricate and install 01 top and bottom kitchen cabinet c/w 01 S/S disk rack and 01 cutlery tray @ 27ft length = $5400

2a. Fabricate and install box up pipe at kitchen area = $300

3a. Fabricate and install 01 L-shape solid surface kitchen work top = $2,250

B Masonry Works

1b. Supply and overlay homogenous floor tiles at kitchen area = $1,200

2b. Supply and lay ceramic wall tiles to match existing at common bathroom = $300

3b. Supply and construct shower screen kerb at master bathroom = $200

C Plumbing Works

1c. Supply and install 02 w.c. bowl at 02 bathrooms = $750

2c. Provide labour to relocate existing basin at master bathroom = $80

D Miscellaneous & Hacking Works

1d. Provide protection sheet for flooring during renovation = $150

2d. General cleaning service after renovation = $150

3d. Haulage fee and uploading and downloading of materials = $300

4d. Supply and change 01 new S/S rubbish chute (flat type) at kitchen = $250

5d. Supply and install 01 set of tempered glass shower screen at master bathroom = $650

6d. Supply materials and hack existing kitchen's sink and stove support = $350

7d. Supply materials and hack portion existing wall tiles at common bathroom = $80

8d. Supply materials and dismantle and disposal existing kitchen's cabinet = $350

Total = $12,760

The second contractor also quoted for aircon and door works, which my mum did not ask the first contractor for. The cost as follows:

E Aircon Works

1e. Supply and install 01 set of system 3 Mitsubishi Electric (9k+9k+18k btu) **** and 02 bedrooms c/w S/S bracket = $3,550

2e. Provide labour to dismantle and re-locate existing 02 air-con window unit = $200

E Door Works

1e. Supply and install 04 sets of nyatoh door c/w lock set and level handle = $1,120

Please help! Thanks! :bow:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi all, looking to do some simple renovation to my 20 year old home, a 5rm HDB.. mainly some work to kitchen and toilets, got these 2 quotes, appreciate any advice / comments! First time doing reno.. after reading many posts still kinda :unsure: If anyone could point out which parts can like do myself easily / cheaply, would be very nice, thx!!

Quotation A

1. Kitchen cabinet in ABS laminated finish, top & bottom 29ft x $120 = $5510

2. Kitchen granite table top 14ft x $120 = $1,680

3. Kitchen S/S plate cooking area 8 feet = $300

4. Dismantle sink and touch up finish = $450

5. Change 1 no of S/S bin $180

6. Dismantle 2 no of W.C. and change 2 nos new W.C. = $680

7. Master bedroom toilet flooring overlap ceramic tile = $550

8. Master toilet shower temper glass finish = $850

9. Dismantle cabinet to ENV dumping ground = $350

Total = $10,510

Quotation B

A Carpentry Works (Laminate finish)

1a. Fabricate and install 01 top and bottom kitchen cabinet c/w 01 S/S disk rack and 01 cutlery tray @ 27ft length = $5400

2a. Fabricate and install box up pipe at kitchen area = $300

3a. Fabricate and install 01 L-shape solid surface kitchen work top = $2,250

B Masonry Works

1b. Supply and overlay homogenous floor tiles at kitchen area = $1,200

2b. Supply and lay ceramic wall tiles to match existing at common bathroom = $300

3b. Supply and construct shower screen kerb at master bathroom = $200

C Plumbing Works

1c. Supply and install 02 w.c. bowl at 02 bathrooms = $750

2c. Provide labour to relocate existing basin at master bathroom = $80

D Miscellaneous & Hacking Works

1d. Provide protection sheet for flooring during renovation = $150

2d. General cleaning service after renovation = $150

3d. Haulage fee and uploading and downloading of materials = $300

4d. Supply and change 01 new S/S rubbish chute (flat type) at kitchen = $250

5d. Supply and install 01 set of tempered glass shower screen at master bathroom = $650

6d. Supply materials and hack existing kitchen's sink and stove support = $350

7d. Supply materials and hack portion existing wall tiles at common bathroom = $80

8d. Supply materials and dismantle and disposal existing kitchen's cabinet = $350

Total = $12,760

The second contractor also quoted for aircon and door works, which my mum did not ask the first contractor for. The cost as follows:

E Aircon Works

1e. Supply and install 01 set of system 3 Mitsubishi Electric (9k+9k+18k btu) **** and 02 bedrooms c/w S/S bracket = $3,550

2e. Provide labour to dismantle and re-locate existing 02 air-con window unit = $200

E Door Works

1e. Supply and install 04 sets of nyatoh door c/w lock set and level handle = $1,120

Please help! Thanks! :bow:

overpriced...my ID quote me so much lesser than this and my future house is 124 sqm..5i...

hi.

i just finish renovating my condo and my contractor is nice n reliable. price v reasonable.I 've no idea how to attach pics here as i m new.u can pm me if u wan his contact

overpriced...my ID quote me so much lesser than this and my future house is 124 sqm..5i...

can share more like what you're doing and the contacts of the ID?

not sure izzit because mine is old flat and need to dismantle the original stuff etc?

Can pm me your ID contact and quote? Mine also 124sqm 5i

A. KITCHEN AREA

Hack & lay New Homogenous Floor Tiles ( @S$3 psf ), with colored Grouting. SGD 1,180.00

Hack & lay New Ceramic/Homogenous Wall tiles (@S$2.5 psf ), exclude Border Tiles. SGD 2,180.00

Supply labor & approved Waterproofing Solution, up-turn 150mm at Wall. SGD 180.00

Supply labor to dismantle existing Sink Support & all Cabinet. SGD 100.00

Design & install Top & Bottom Laminated Cabinet with ABS Trimming - 20 feet. SGD 1,880.00

Supply labor & material to construct Cement Mortar Base, for above Cabinet. SGD 200.00

Supply & install Solid Surface Work-top, with Back Splash - 10 feet. SGD 600.00

Supply labor to install Cooker Hob, Cooker Hood, Sink & Tap, into Cabinet. F.O.C.

Supply & install 1-set Stainless Steel Dish Drainer - 2-Tier + Tray Type. SGD 100.00

Supply & construct Cement Bases for Fridge & Washing Machine, finished with Tiles. SGD 160.00

Supply & run all Inlet & Outlet for all Water points. SGD 90.00

1) Supply & lay Colored Glass backing, in-between top & bottom Cabinet - 10 feet. S$ 780.00

2) "BLUM" Tracking Soft Closing System for 9-Drawers. S$ 630.00

3) Top Swing-up Cabinet Doors' Hydraulic Arm - 16-nos. S$ 130.00

B. COMMON TOILET AREA

Hack & lay New Homogenous Floor Tiles ( @S$3 psf ), with colored Grouting. SGD 460.00

Hack & lay New Ceramic/Homogenous Wall tiles (@S$2.5 psf ), exclude Border Tiles. SGD 1,325.00

Supply & lay with HDB Approved Waterproofing Solution, up-turn 150mm at Wall. SGD 100.00

Supply labor to install New Wash Basin. SGD 50.00

Supply labor to install New Basin Tap. SGD 20.00

Supply labor to install New W.C. Pedestal Pan. SGD 60.00

Supply & install New Aluminium Bi-Folded Door at Entrance. SGD 195.00

Supply labor to install New 2-Way Tap. SGD 30.00

C. MASTER TOILET

Hack & lay New Homogenous Floor Tiles ( @S$3 psf ), with colored Grouting. SGD 460.00

Hack & lay New Ceramic/Homogenous Wall tiles (@S$2.5 psf ), exclude Border Tiles. SGD 1,325.00

Supply & lay with HDB Approved Waterproofing Solution, up-turn 150mm at Wall. SGD 100.00

D. MAIN BEDROOM AREA

Design & install Suspended Laminated Dressing Table, with Glass Top & Wall Mirror - 3 feet. SGD 430.00

Design & install full height Laminated Wardrobe, with ABS Trimming - 5 feet. SGD 990.00

E. LIVING / DINING AREA

Supply labor to Hack-off existing Floor tiles, include skirting. SGD 480.00

Supply & lay New Polished Homogenous Floor Tiles (@S$3 psf), with colored Grouting. SGD 1,930.00

Design & construct New False Ceiling/L-Box Light Holders. SGD 980.00

Supply & install New Simple Cornices. SGD 280.00

Supply labor to dismantle all existing Ceiling works. SGD 80.00

Design & install Laminated Feature with Cabinet Tic-Tac Doors, for LCD - 7 feet. SGD 1,370.00

Design & install Suspended Laminated T.V. Console, with Drawers - 7 feet. SGD 880.00

E. GENERAL ITEMS

Supply labor to Grind existing Parquet Floor in 3-Bedrooms, with New Varnish. SGD 530.00

Supply labor & Paint for whole house, include all pipes - ICI/Nippon 3-in-1. SGD 1,280.00

Supply & replace with New Stainless Steel Piping for Kitchen & Toilets - Cold. SGD 500.00

Supply labor to lay corrugated sheets with Plywood top to Protect existing Flooring. SGD 130.00

Supply labor & approved to do Acid Washing for whole house. SGD 150.00

Supply labor & transport to clear all debris and Haulage of Material. SGD 580.00

Supply labor to do HDB Submissions for all renovation works. F.O.C.

Calling & coordination of Power Supply Cooking Gas Pipe, up to Kitchen. F.O.C.

Perspective 3D Colored Drawing & all detail Construction Drawing. F.O.C.

Pretty much the basic of the renovation. I purposely remove some items as it is only applicable to my house as there was some limitation that I tried to circumvent which does not applies to other home. Tell me if i kena chopped and I will complain to him. Haha...I directly compare to my Tau quotation and my ID is cheaper by at least $3000..

To me, ID must be honest lah..if he say yes yes free free but in the end mark up on other items also no good..anyway..can PM me if you want his contact. Use my quotation as a benchmark if you want...but remember ah...compare 5room with 5 room wor..don compare 5 room and 3 room and say tat 3 room is cheaper..lol...

A. KITCHEN AREA

Hack & lay New Homogenous Floor Tiles ( @S$3 psf ), with colored Grouting. SGD 1,180.00

Hack & lay New Ceramic/Homogenous Wall tiles (@S$2.5 psf ), exclude Border Tiles. SGD 2,180.00

Supply labor & approved Waterproofing Solution, up-turn 150mm at Wall. SGD 180.00

Supply labor to dismantle existing Sink Support & all Cabinet. SGD 100.00

Design & install Top & Bottom Laminated Cabinet with ABS Trimming - 20 feet. SGD 1,880.00

Supply labor & material to construct Cement Mortar Base, for above Cabinet. SGD 200.00

Supply & install Solid Surface Work-top, with Back Splash - 10 feet. SGD 600.00

Supply labor to install Cooker Hob, Cooker Hood, Sink & Tap, into Cabinet. F.O.C.

Supply & install 1-set Stainless Steel Dish Drainer - 2-Tier + Tray Type. SGD 100.00

Supply & construct Cement Bases for Fridge & Washing Machine, finished with Tiles. SGD 160.00

Supply & run all Inlet & Outlet for all Water points. SGD 90.00

1) Supply & lay Colored Glass backing, in-between top & bottom Cabinet - 10 feet. S$ 780.00

2) "BLUM" Tracking Soft Closing System for 9-Drawers. S$ 630.00

3) Top Swing-up Cabinet Doors' Hydraulic Arm - 16-nos. S$ 130.00

B. COMMON TOILET AREA

C. MASTER TOILET

D. MAIN BEDROOM AREA

Design & install Suspended Laminated Dressing Table, with Glass Top & Wall Mirror - 3 feet. SGD 430.00

Design & install full height Laminated Wardrobe, with ABS Trimming - 5 feet. SGD 990.00

E. LIVING / DINING AREA

Supply labor to Hack-off existing Floor tiles, include skirting. SGD 480.00

Supply & lay New Polished Homogenous Floor Tiles (@S$3 psf), with colored Grouting. SGD 1,930.00

Design & construct New False Ceiling/L-Box Light Holders. SGD 980.00

Supply & install New Simple Cornices. SGD 280.00

Supply labor to dismantle all existing Ceiling works. SGD 80.00

Design & install Laminated Feature with Cabinet Tic-Tac Doors, for LCD - 7 feet. SGD 1,370.00

Design & install Suspended Laminated T.V. Console, with Drawers - 7 feet. SGD 880.00

E. GENERAL ITEMS

Supply labor to Grind existing Parquet Floor in 3-Bedrooms, with New Varnish. SGD 530.00

Supply labor & Paint for whole house, include all pipes - ICI/Nippon 3-in-1. SGD 1,280.00

Supply & replace with New Stainless Steel Piping for Kitchen & Toilets - Cold. SGD 500.00

Supply labor to lay corrugated sheets with Plywood top to Protect existing Flooring. SGD 130.00

Supply labor & approved to do Acid Washing for whole house. SGD 150.00

Supply labor & transport to clear all debris and Haulage of Material. SGD 580.00

Supply labor to do HDB Submissions for all renovation works. F.O.C.

Calling & coordination of Power Supply Cooking Gas Pipe, up to Kitchen. F.O.C.

Perspective 3D Colored Drawing & all detail Construction Drawing. F.O.C.

Pretty much the basic of the renovation. I purposely remove some items as it is only applicable to my house as there was some limitation that I tried to circumvent which does not applies to other home. Tell me if i kena chopped and I will complain to him. Haha...I directly compare to my Tau quotation and my ID is cheaper by at least $3000..

To me, ID must be honest lah..if he say yes yes free free but in the end mark up on other items also no good..anyway..can PM me if you want his contact. Use my quotation as a benchmark if you want...but remember ah...compare 5room with 5 room wor..don compare 5 room and 3 room and say tat 3 room is cheaper..lol...

oh yeah..other items like shower kerbs, remove and install water heaters, plastering or make good to finish and any other else that is not stated is free as long there is no material cost incurred...(not applicable for electrical wiring though)