Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
evayang

Any Place That Sell Mini Room Heater?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi folks,

Any idea which place does sell mini room heater,something that can warm up a little corner of the room?

We're in a hot country, so heater mayb difficuit to find, can try Mustafa, they open 24hrs and sell lots of things that hardly see outside, mainly for tourist to bring back to their home country, mayb they sell heater. good luck

hi,

wondering if you are looking for those type of heater meant for winter country?

i know there are some units that have vy gd wind and with the marble flooring, the whole place feels like autumn where its vy cool and sometimes get abit cold. eg. of a few type of units i saw before. point blk and the unit is high flr, units that r situated in between, in or near to eg. hilly areas, eg. bt timah hill, sunset way (right inside those pte units), 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th ave pte hses which are right at the end of the hill top will hv this type of feel.

so some ppl, especially for older folks will appreciate a heater as they tend to feel cold easily and some may hv rheumatism. and this is one of the reason why some ppl put carpet at hm if they got gd tiles/marbled flr.

i used heater while staying at australia b4. it really can get real hot at times and definitely 200% vy dry, so after a while, you hv to switch it off, and when it gets cold and you need to warm the unit again, you hv to switch it on again. and not to say it consumes alot of energy.

if you can't find such heater, you can utilise your hm air-con. just turn the temperature up to 26-28 deg. it will get warm pretty fast.

rule of thumb: if daytime, your air-con temp is set to 25 deg, outside temp is 30-32 deg, the room temp will be around 27deg.

if at night time, if your air-con temp is set to 25 deg, outside temp is 26-28 deg, the room temp will be around 23deg.

this is due to the fact that its hotter in the day time, and cooler at night.

but i did not do a comparison on the electricity, energy and cost of aircon to a heater.

hope the above helps.

if you can't find such heater, you can utilise your hm air-con. just turn the temperature up to 26-28 deg. it will get warm pretty fast.

I believe you are refering to the air-con/heater combo unit which is only used in cold countries. In summer it is like a regular aircon, but during winter, the refrigerant moves in the opposite direction and blows hot air into the room instead of outdoor.

I think all aircon sold in Singapore is the single air con type only. If you set at 28 degC and the room is already colder than 28 degC, the air con compressor will remain off. Only the fan is recirculating the room air. If feels warm eventually because the room windows are closed. A single human produces a lot of heat actually.