Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Helix

~our Pigsty~

Haha pinkpetter, well the "dun want windows" idea is something i did not think of! But well, as we are doing away with the bedroom along the common corridor, we'd be left with one room, so erm when junior comes along... hmm... 7yrs time he'd probably be bawling about a room of some sort. At least we'd be able to offer him/her an alternative then. Although i'm afraid it'd be too hot, maybe put a window aircon unit or something in future. I mean, at least leave a possibility! Heh..

wah ok ok true also la then after a while... baby will have many many things... have a place to store also good. You all take away one room to join with living or to join with MBR?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi all, i'm back! Sorry for the long wait.. we begun reno from the 13th Oct, all that has happened since then till now was the tiling of the bathrooms, waterproofing etc. Today flooring has begun!!! Went over to take some pics and here they are!! Apologise, past two weeks we been going there without our cam, and were prob too excited to remem taking pics haha..

We picked black floor tiles.. here goes!!

DSCF0013.jpg

Details of the floor tile

DSCF0012.jpg

Our small humble pigsty..

DSCF0011.jpg

*sigh* even with the walls off, can see how 'cosy' it'd be.. Well, i'm not complaining~! intend to be more diligent in cataloging the process from now.. Think there should be changes almost every day.. Can't wait!!

:sport-smiley-004::sport-smiley-004:

By the way, like to ask about sinks..what's the difference between undermount and those that are not? Any difference in terms of pros/cons? or simply a choice matter. (like water leaks, hiding place for cockroaches, breeding ground for mosquitoes, or any such stuff?) thanks in advance!!

^_^

Glad to see you back! Happy to see that your reno has successfully started. The tiles you choose are quite special hor.. with some spatter designs on them... *is it?*

Well pinkpetter, the floor has got white streaks as i took in the up-close shot. but it's nowhere as prominent as the final pic.. think those are caused by erm.. dirty water? heh.. anyway we've been making adjustments to our initial design, and our ID hasn't told us the revised pricing yet. We've totally gone beyond our budget, so i hope he doesn't 'chop' us cos we may need to eliminate certain stuff if so... >.<

Ahhh I did think it was the dirt. but it does have some specks right? teeny ones...

MMmMm Better look over the pricing fast before do liao then cannot take away wor... Good luck!

HiHi again everyone, it's been quite a busy fortnight at work but here i'm back!!

Not exactly screaming to be so cheapskate but here's what we bought after a long-awaited HN anniversary sale last weekend:

• Fisher & Paykel E440T fridge
  • Electrolux EWF1084
We're SEVERELY out of budget for reno, and were hoping for store sales (mkt's bad, right?) and the 0% installments (provided neither of us loses our jobs *fingers crossed*) to prevent further extensive damage.. Haha!!

Now what's left of our major shopping are the tv, sofa and dining table. :bleah:

Updates to our reno: the electrical wirings are up, and so are the aircon trunkings. Think there's a few things to be completed but the carpenters are getting ready to begin their work i think. Got no pics for now i apologise, will give you a pic once my ceiling is ready and lights are up!

We bought our lights and toilet accessories with our ID all in one go at our first trip to the stores, i'm thankful we've found someone we trust to rely on his advice, and so far he's been really understanding in all aspects.

*hopefully there'd be things in the existing contract he realise is "over our budget" and revise to charge us less?!?!* sighhhhh i suppose i'm just dreaming...

:bow::bow::bow: let us strike lottery!!

pinkpetter: yeap, it's really closer to streaks than specks, nvm after the cardboard is removed from the floor and it's all clean and washed, i'll be sure to take another pic to show everyone!! =)

skywolf: thanks for the link, i did go and read it. bought a single bowl undermount sink in the end. Hope i don't regret! No idea why it cost so much also.. don't even know the brand!! arrghh haha..

baldeagle: sorry don't really have accurate 3D drawings of my home to show yet, but better than that, i'll update you with actual pics as and when they're done!

things have been pretty much unchanged up till now, will update as the carpentry comes up in a week or two!

Edited by Helix

Hi everyone, sorry i got a burning question to ask. To those who have built in ovens, are they screwed onto your cabinets, or just put in place without the 4 screws (2 on each side of your oven)? Reason why i am asking is that because my beloved oven is installed, with wiring all done up, and yet it is not screwed down in place. we noticed it as it was not sitting straight and thus asked hubby to inform ID. when he came, apparently told hubby that they can screw it down if we want to, but can just leave it like that. together, they lifted and shifted the oven slightly to let it be 'in place'.

hubby came back to tell me "it's quite heavy, won't move easily la. all you need to do is adjust the position if it is out".

is that so? is it safe? i mean i don't exactly like the idea that my oven may be pulled out or pushed out of place by accident(i.e. tilted when i'm baking?!). but i don't understand the logic of not bolting it in place. :dunno:

am i overly paranoid? if it's not too much trouble, can i trouble some of you to check for me your own please? i think you just need to open the front door, should be able to see if there are 2 screws on each side of the oven. Thanks everyone!

You know, i'm starting to wonder if the pace of our reno is taking a tad too long than is usual. HB and i did not want to hurry the ID, however from the start of this t-blog till now, i realise it's been over 2 months. OMG.

I've been wanting to hold back till the totally completed pics are done, but i guess i ought to not keep everyone waiting too long. Here's some parts of how my place looked like before reno:

This is viewing from the previous Bedroom 1 doorway.

The wall originallly between the bedrooms (LEFT WALL) will become my wall for the tv console n we knocked down the wall joining this room to the living area.

DSCF0651.jpg

sorry i didnt take pics of the original living area, here is the view from the doorway into the left side of kitchen

DSCF0653.jpg

here's the right side

DSCF0652.jpg

entrance to the shower area

DSCF0666.jpg

Here's how it looks now:

Living Room

DSCF0109.jpg

Ceiling (we only did up this part of the house cos our ceiling is low, and HB is worried that it'd feel even more cramped)

DSCF0104.jpg

Dining area & Living door (unpainted yet)

DSCF0116.jpg

Study Table & Dry Kitchen area

DSCF0114.jpg

View from Kitchen out to Dining Area

DSCF0121.jpg

Wet Kitchen & Sink Area

DSCF0119.jpg

Wet Kitchen (View 2)

DSCF0120.jpg