Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mmycheng

Mandy & Lincoln - Renovating Our First Home

Ok, more updates on my reno process. My hb and I chose our laminates and floor tile recently. It was a rather painless process. I was expecting it to be a big headache with all the colours and choices and all... but to our surprise, our ID laid out our designs and selected some laminates for us already. It was arranged all very professionally and easy to see so we didn't have a problem visualising how the laminates would fit with our design.

In the end, we simply said 'OK!' to all her choices! Easy right? hee :D

The only 2 things we did have to mull over were 1) the wallpaper and 2) the floor tile. Nonetheless, the experience was overall fun, no stress. :good:

Now we're left with choosing the wooden laminates for the bedrooms... will be doing that in a week or two.

Laminates_CabinetsLiviingRm.jpg

I've got more pics in the link below if you want to take a look at all my chosen laminates and tiles...

http://s401.photobucket.com/albums/pp92/mmycheng/

nice and sleek design!

congrats!

how long ur reno taking?

Should take around 2 months I think...hopefully by end Nov all done up and can move in liao... keeping fingers crossed** :thumbs up:

Edited by mmycheng

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
WAH i love floral laminates.... *sob* but I cannot do. very nice. I like the white one.

Why cannot do leh??

Why cannot do leh??

nice nice!!!

i also do floral laminates for my kitchen cabinets.....keke :)

ya ya, pinkpetter,....how come cannot do??

haha no la I think want to do floral laminates the whole design should go. Floral laminates make simple become more luxurious looking. then if the rest of the house dun go look very funny. yet no budget to make the whole house go along in design so better not. Plus... it's a house with parents and a bro. they will go through the roof. lol only sis and I like. :)

Ok...here's my first complain *of sorts*... :furious:

Got an appointment with SP services to turn on utilities at my flat this saturday. They said that the officer will arrive between 10 - 11am. That's 1 whole hour of me and my hb standing at our flat waiting... 1 hour is a lot of wasted time, just for 1-2 minutes of work in turning on a switch.

So I called them up to ask if they can give me a ring on my hp when the officer arrives. In the meantime, we will wait at the kopitiam at the foot of my block. The officer can call me when he arrives and I'll be there to meet him in no time. The person who took my phonecall explained that their staff's mobile phone bill is not subsidised and hence cannot accede to my request. She even suggested that if I did not want to wait for 1 hour, I can get my maid to do it (if I have one).

Ok my take on this phonecall...

1. I can understand the situation and wouldn't want to add any more burden to the officer who's coming on sat so I didn't pursue the matter further with them.

2. However, I think it's ludicrous that they cannot improve their service standards by trying to cut short the waiting time to say half an hour. Point for future improvement...

3. Moreover, suggesting that I place my maid to do this is pretty 'mean'...there were demonstrations at Hong Lim Park on maid abuse just 3 days ago.

I guess I can be more demanding when it comes to service standards.

I suppose many of you had to go through this as well? Was it the same?

Hi mmycheng,

how manu room flat is yours? any floor plan to share? :)

Yup. Here it is...it's the raw one, no designs. Why the interest? :P

floorplan.jpg

Yup. Here it is...it's the raw one, no designs. Why the interest? :P

floorplan.jpg

Hi mmycheng,

welcome to the neighbourhood. which block r u from?

Lin & L3x

WOW! nice designs and 3D drawings!

looks bright and stylish!

and congrats on having such a pro-active ID.. may i know which ID fir did u choose?

:yamseng:

Ok...here's my first complain *of sorts*... :furious:

Got an appointment with SP services to turn on utilities at my flat this saturday. They said that the officer will arrive between 10 - 11am. That's 1 whole hour of me and my hb standing at our flat waiting... 1 hour is a lot of wasted time, just for 1-2 minutes of work in turning on a switch.

So I called them up to ask if they can give me a ring on my hp when the officer arrives. In the meantime, we will wait at the kopitiam at the foot of my block. The officer can call me when he arrives and I'll be there to meet him in no time. The person who took my phonecall explained that their staff's mobile phone bill is not subsidised and hence cannot accede to my request. She even suggested that if I did not want to wait for 1 hour, I can get my maid to do it (if I have one).

Ok my take on this phonecall...

1. I can understand the situation and wouldn't want to add any more burden to the officer who's coming on sat so I didn't pursue the matter further with them.

2. However, I think it's ludicrous that they cannot improve their service standards by trying to cut short the waiting time to say half an hour. Point for future improvement...

3. Moreover, suggesting that I place my maid to do this is pretty 'mean'...there were demonstrations at Hong Lim Park on maid abuse just 3 days ago.

I guess I can be more demanding when it comes to service standards.

I suppose many of you had to go through this as well? Was it the same?

Hi mmycheng,

Not to worry so much. SP services turn on utilities of our flat yesterday, scheduled 9-10am. The guy was there about 9.30am and we wasn't there. :P He called to inform me that he have reached and i told him that i will be there only 10mins later, he waited for like 15mins and no complain when he saw me.. :notti:

Best Regards,

SY

Hi mmycheng,

Not to worry so much. SP services turn on utilities of our flat yesterday, scheduled 9-10am. The guy was there about 9.30am and we wasn't there. :P He called to inform me that he have reached and i told him that i will be there only 10mins later, he waited for like 15mins and no complain when he saw me.. :notti:

Best Regards,

SY

Thanks for sharing.

I guess I'll just wait for the SP officer, not nice to keep him waiting. :)

Have fun with your reno. Any pics to share? :notti:

I have 2 pets, a dog and a tortoise. Designing a brand new home with their needs in mind is exciting and challenging at the same time.

So far, I've tried to make as many of my cabinets suspended where possible. This is because of my dog who likes to mark his territory.

As for my tortoise, I once dreamt of a nice water feature-cum-pond... however, space is a constraint in my humble 5-rm flat...and my dog too. hehe.

Anyway, would like to know if anyone out there also petlovers and petowners? Any useful tips/advice to give?

My dog, Sunny!

Ahni.jpg

My proposed design for the 4ft tank to house my tortoise, comes with sump tank to suck up all the dirt and poop. Interior design will have to incorporate a dry area for basking.

tanksetpup_blacklaminateandbottomsu.jpg