Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kksg2000

Northwest Interior Nw

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I saw many bad feedbacks on NW previously. I visited their office sometime back. Not bad, except for the id is very pushy, i am quite comfortable with the id. Design is so-so, Pricing ok, i would not consider cheap as what they claim in their adv. Can any give share your experiecence?

We visited their office at TradeHub21 today. Service is not bad. Our ID is Roy, he's not pushy and offered many ideas. Has anyone tried engaging their service? Any feedback? At the moment we are still waiting for his quotation.

We visited their office at TradeHub21 today. Service is not bad. Our ID is Roy, he's not pushy and offered many ideas. Has anyone tried engaging their service? Any feedback? At the moment we are still waiting for his quotation.

Visted their showroom in Trade Hub during their official opening. service by an ID which dun know how to ans any q. nvr get them to quote.

It's always been rather quiet when comments are asked for on * Interior. Gives me the impression somehow few chose to sign up with them - at least not the online forumers :-)

But I've decided to go ahead with them and hope to be among the lucky few who eventually sing praises to their ID firms.

Good luck to us all indeed :-)

It's always been rather quiet when comments are asked for on * Interior. Gives me the impression somehow few chose to sign up with them - at least not the online forumers :-)

But I've decided to go ahead with them and hope to be among the lucky few who eventually sing praises to their ID firms.

hi red tiger..

i recently signed up with them.. who's ur id??

GC

Yup..I guess this is the case and we went ahead with * too...Our ID is Roy. Now the renovations are still on-going, so far so good.... will be posting our t-blog soon.. Do stay tuned.. :thumbs up:

Yup..I guess this is the case and we went ahead with * too...Our ID is Roy. Now the renovations are still on-going, so far so good.... will be posting our t-blog soon.. Do stay tuned.. :thumbs up:

Wah! Ur's start already hah... All e best ya! N dont forget to update... Mine only starts ard a mth time.. Now waiting to choose the tiles. I saw ur damage w them affordable mine *faint* whole house need to revamp!!

Wah! Ur's start already hah... All e best ya! N dont forget to update... Mine only starts ard a mth time.. Now waiting to choose the tiles. I saw ur damage w them affordable mine *faint* whole house need to revamp!!

Thanks glamchic. All the best to you too.. :good: btw who is your ID?

Ours is premium flat so need not worry about flooring etc.. *phew. Would say NW's quote is midrange.. not the cheapest but still affordable... at least still have some spare cash to buy appliances, furniture etc..

Hi GC,

Sent u a PM on ID. :-)

It's nice to see some online forumers who are using the same firm as I do. I just started on choice of tiles. So far so good too. But honestly, mine is a simple reno with main emphasis on kitchen :-) Plus, hubby and I both are not the knowledgable on interior deco type and thus, quite 'chin-chai'. Really can only hope for the best. :-)

hi guys. i am using * currently and i have one advise: KEEP A **** GOOD EYE ON EVERY BIT OF THEIR WORKS, AND DON'T PAY THEM TILL THEY'VE COMPLETED EVERYTHING TO YOUR SATISFACTION!!!

the workmanship we got was VERY SHODDY. so shoddy that i had a 5 PAGE DEFECT LIST that my ID is going through. The worst part is that the ID feels affronted when we put additions to the defect list & told us that the reno will not be done on time if the defect list keeps expanding!!

Here are a list of my grouses with them (ane believe me-there are MORE)

1) Our reno is already more than 3 wks late. We've were promised 6 wks, and we are currently on our 10th wk. And it's always the same thing- 'by next sat, by next sat'. I don't care WHEN it's done, I just want you to have the INTEGRITY TO DO IT WHEN YOU SAY IT WILL BE DONE!!

2) There was so much bad work that we had a 5 page defect list in our home! The ID we had actually insinuated that we were being demanding in having a 5 page defect list. (We typed out all the defects & tagged them with tape all around our hse). But come on, if there weren't so many cracked tiles, holes in grouting, cracked aircon trunking, holes in electrical casing, and stained walls, would any home owner bother to be picky?!?!? FURTHERMORE, an ID is SUPPOSED to LOOK OUT for the customer, and make sure these defects DO NOT HAPPEN! OTHERWISE WHY WOULD I WANT TO GET AN ID?!?!?!? I WOULD JUST GET A CONTRACTER SO THAT I CAN SAVE THE MONEY AND HAVE A SIMILAR AMOUNT OF HEADACHE RIGHT!??!?!?

3) I got an ANGRY call from my neighbour downstairs because apparantly the workers who clean the house just THROW DIRTY WATER OUT OF THE WINDOW- A FEW TIMES THIS MONTH!!! When my bf called the ID to tell give him an earful & tell him to make sure it doesnt happen again- he said that my bf was WRONGFULLY ACCUSING HIS WORKERS & that the water they threw out the window was CLEAN, and just quickly disconnected the line when my bf wanted to say more!!! HOW RUDE IS THAT?!?!?! AND COME OFF IT- you think i was born yesterday and think that your workers suka-suka just fill a pail of CLEAN water to THROW OUT MY WINDOW?!?!?!?!

4) Everytime we point out a defect to the ID he will say the same thing: 'if you want, i will change it for you loh'. and that is usually followed with a fake laugh. MACHAM YOU ARE DOING ME A FAVOUR?!?!? COME ON NOW- I PAID FOR IT TO BE DONE PROPERLY. IT IS NOT *'S FIRST DAY ON THE JOB, SO WHY ARE THERE SO MANY DEFECTS IN THE FIRST PLACE?!?! FURTHERMORE, YOU SHOULD KNOW THAT CORRECTING DEFECTS ARE SOMETHING YOU SHOULD BE DOING ANYWAY!!!!

5) The solid surface we chose for our vanity was the WRONG COLOUR- apparantly because '2007 colour different from 2008 colour', and my ID- the person who's supposed to be DEALING WITH ALL THESE, asked the solid surface supplier to call me. The solid surface supplier called me, and said they DIDN'T DO ANYTHING WRONG because it was the RIGHT COLOUR CODE THAT WAS GIVEN TO THEM, and that it shouldn't matter because the COLOUR WAS ALMOST THE SAME. Again. I WAS NOT BORN YESTERDAY and I KNOW THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN SANDY AND **** BROWN!! After raising my voice at him, they finally decided to change the solid surface for me.

for those who already signed with this company, pls pls pls take pictures & samples of everything you choose so that you have proof, and keep an eye on the work done. I don't know if my ID with * is gonna wake up his idea anytime soon but am prepared to have to be demanding to get what should be done done. am starting to do research on CASE & HDB complaints already to get to know what my options are if they give me more grief. hope you don't have the same experience that I do.

Hi chocolatechipmuffin,

Sorry to hear that things aren't going well. Kind of sad actually - just when I thought it's quite safe to choose * since there's not been much comments (no comments better than plenty of negative comments).

Still, I will hope for the best. Hope that your ID will help resolve all your issues faced satisfactorily. And hope that my reno works will go smoothly.

For what it's worth, your blog pix are quite nice :-) Best of luck to you ok?

hi red tiger,

yup. i'm sorry that it's not going well too. always think that renos should be a happy & exciting process. but this is really giving me headaches!

thanks. :) am actually happy about the overall 'look' of my house. But I think that has more to do with the fact that we already knew what we wanted & it was more a project management role for the ID.

Thing is- close up, a significant amount of the work was shoddy- which is disapponting coz i really thought they were the better ones out of the lot. my id even told me that the reason why the electricals was done up badly was because they used a 'factory electrician'. so we ended up with slanted switch boxes & holes on the casing etc- which we have asked them to redo.

you can check out my reno t-blog (link is below) to see the pics of what i mean by shoddy work.

I HOPE that they do hold their end of the bargain & complete the work by this friday. We'll see I guess. At this point, I'm not entirely optimistic...

Hi chocolatechipmuffin,

Sorry to hear that things aren't going well. Kind of sad actually - just when I thought it's quite safe to choose * since there's not been much comments (no comments better than plenty of negative comments).

Still, I will hope for the best. Hope that your ID will help resolve all your issues faced satisfactorily. And hope that my reno works will go smoothly.

For what it's worth, your blog pix are quite nice :-) Best of luck to you ok?

Edited by chocolatechipmuffin

Hi, if your are still interested in engaging the services of an ID then you might want to give my designer a call. Its probably best to use a firm that has an extensive portfolio of clients and I know they've had many notable residential projects and commercial clients like Parkway Health and The Concourse. You can email Anna at deluxebydesign@hotmail.com for more info on quotes, company showroom and portfolio. Hope this helps!