Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
lyuira

Master Bathroom Reno

Went to see this ID yesterday and this is the quote provided:

Most items seem ok, but some appear unjustifiably high.

It's a condo bathroom, 6x8x8 (WxLxH). We need to hack everything and build everything from scratch, except for the ceiling and the heater.

Hacking: $1000

Wall tiles: $1600

Floor tiles: $700

Plumbing works (ours is concealed piping): $600

Hot and cold tap: $120

Labour for shower mixer: $70

Toilet bowl: $120

Construct base for vanity (5.5 ft): $800 (We provide our own cabinets, wash basin and top, they just need to install them)

Sliding shower screen, tempered glass: $550

Waterproofing: FOC

Total: $5560

We are allowed to use tiles up to $2.80 psf

The rest of the materials (mixers, wash basin, WC etc) are self-provided, so I get a feeling that they chopped me, didn't they?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Went to see this ID yesterday and this is the quote provided:

Most items seem ok, but some appear unjustifiably high.

It's a condo bathroom, 6x8x8 (WxLxH). We need to hack everything and build everything from scratch, except for the ceiling and the heater.

Hacking: $1000

Wall tiles: $1600

Floor tiles: $700

Plumbing works (ours is concealed piping): $600

Hot and cold tap: $120

Labour for shower mixer: $70

Toilet bowl: $120

Construct base for vanity (5.5 ft): $800 (We provide our own cabinets, wash basin and top, they just need to install them)

Sliding shower screen, tempered glass: $550

Waterproofing: FOC

Total: $5560

We are allowed to use tiles up to $2.80 psf

The rest of the materials (mixers, wash basin, WC etc) are self-provided, so I get a feeling that they chopped me, didn't they?

Ic ... sound very expensive to me. But i'm not familiar with the price of these items.

If interested, you can PM me. I'll give you my contractor to call and see if he can offer good deal. I'm sure he can give cheaper.

Don't stick on just 1 firm. Do more research and decide ya? :yamseng:

What I don't understand is why the vanity cabinet base is so expensive. It's just a cement box, but the ID refused to budge saying that this is the price.

Oh gosh, bathrooms aren't cheap!

imagine the plumber, tiler, electrician and blangah come all the way jus for a toilet. there is no economy of scale, it will be expensive cos many fixed cost cant be shared out.

imagine the plumber, tiler, electrician and blangah come all the way jus for a toilet. there is no economy of scale, it will be expensive cos many fixed cost cant be shared out.

here's my bathroom quote for your reference. mine is also a condo bathroom (6.3 x 8.2 x 9.5) with concealed piping.

1. Lay selected homogenous wall tiles at master bathroom @$3.00 & below - 1300.00

2. Lay selected homogenous floor tiles at master bathroom @$3.00 & below - 450.00

3. Apply waterproofing membrane at master bathroom flooring - 100.00

4. To supply labour and materials to install of 'L' shape 10mm tempered glass shower screen at master bathroom, c/w cross bar - 720.00

5. Construct 6ft suspended vanity cabinet at master bathroom using solid plywood in laminate finishing, c/w mirror panel - 840.00

6. Lay concealed copper pipe (hot/cold) - 700.00

7. Labour to install toilet bowl/wash basin/tap, c/w drainage system - 300.00

8. To supply labour and materials to install 6ft solid surface vanity counter top at master bathroom, c/w 10 years warranty against manufacturer's defects - 480.00

the hacking i was quoted 1100 but this is for the whole unit, not just the bathroom.

here's my bathroom quote for your reference. mine is also a condo bathroom (6.3 x 8.2 x 9.5) with concealed piping.

1. Lay selected homogenous wall tiles at master bathroom @$3.00 & below - 1300.00

2. Lay selected homogenous floor tiles at master bathroom @$3.00 & below - 450.00

3. Apply waterproofing membrane at master bathroom flooring - 100.00

4. To supply labour and materials to install of 'L' shape 10mm tempered glass shower screen at master bathroom, c/w cross bar - 720.00

5. Construct 6ft suspended vanity cabinet at master bathroom using solid plywood in laminate finishing, c/w mirror panel - 840.00

6. Lay concealed copper pipe (hot/cold) - 700.00

7. Labour to install toilet bowl/wash basin/tap, c/w drainage system - 300.00

8. To supply labour and materials to install 6ft solid surface vanity counter top at master bathroom, c/w 10 years warranty against manufacturer's defects - 480.00

the hacking i was quoted 1100 but this is for the whole unit, not just the bathroom.

vade,

Your vanity cabinet sounds very reasonable. Care to share your ID/contractor?

Was yours a major reno? Or were you also picking and choosing?

On my side, I guess, my tiling is a bit expensive and of course the vanity. Before I told them that I will source for my own cabinets, they wanted to charge $5.3k for a 5.5 ft vanity (with granite top $120/pfr, base, mirror and cabinets).

vade,

Your vanity cabinet sounds very reasonable. Care to share your ID/contractor?

Was yours a major reno? Or were you also picking and choosing?

On my side, I guess, my tiling is a bit expensive and of course the vanity. Before I told them that I will source for my own cabinets, they wanted to charge $5.3k for a 5.5 ft vanity (with granite top $120/pfr, base, mirror and cabinets).

my total reno quote is about $17+k, so the master bathroom alone costs about a third of it. i'm using colin from renozone.

my total reno quote is about $17+k, so the master bathroom alone costs about a third of it. i'm using colin from renozone.

Thanks, will check them out.