Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
BoonPin85

A Guideline For All House Owners (new)

Yes yes cash is a NO-NO.. cos no evidence of giving him wor. haiz just wish more people were on this forum to learn about such things.

For every one person here, there's prolly two outside handing over cash now.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Ahockz, is ur contractor's name Desmond?

There's many conster in every field... Mainly bcs of their laziness n wanted to get money easily... Their personality is so bad!

Never trust any so easily w/o knowing their personal bkgrounds...

Edited by de_Pierre

pinkpetter Yah loh, considering the fact we paid quite a hefty sum for the renovations. Sighs, really don't know what to say and do with him.

Just glad that he'll be soon out of our lives!!

pm me if want to know more good n responsible contractors....however just use ur feel to determine the ideal contractor for your house renovation..........

Hi BoonPin85

Do you have any comment for Baroque, Inner Room and Reddot?

Please advise. Many thanks.

Edited by FLY

guys/ gals,

1 curious question to ask...when do u all sign the contract usually?

is it after viewing the quotation & 3D drawings or b4 showing the 3Ddrawings?

reason in asking this is becos how do we get assurance that the IDs we approach can deliver what we want if without showing any 3D drawings?

& if we sign n pay the 1st deposit but unable to get what we want...how do we get back our deposit?

guys/ gals,

1 curious question to ask...when do u all sign the contract usually?

is it after viewing the quotation & 3D drawings or b4 showing the 3Ddrawings?

reason in asking this is becos how do we get assurance that the IDs we approach can deliver what we want if without showing any 3D drawings?

& if we sign n pay the 1st deposit but unable to get what we want...how do we get back our deposit?

Well, don sign anything before you have confirm.

I received 6 sets of quotation and met 3 ID firm. Arrange for the measurement to be done, then get another 2 sets of revised quotation. Will be meeting another ID this weekend to see the drawing and discuss about the pricing. After revised, then I will sign up. This will be safer.

So far I've been to a few of the ID firms....I can share my experience with them and hope to serve as a reference

1. Tau Interior - Very responsive, quotation is the fastest. However, the quotation is off my budget and a little more expensive than all other ID firms that I sourced. He mentioned that it is still negotiable but I'm wondering why didn't he give me a good price at the beginning? Other ID firms show me drawings but Tau looks more like a contractor rather than ID firm. He carries a measuring tape and do measuring at most time rather than giving me ideas while on site. Overall, he's a nice guy, he even drove me to view some of his ongoing projects.

2. Ideal House - Overall very responsive too, except that the id and I didn't really click :(. Design is also not appealing.

3. Kass Design - Very good designers, trully amazing but not responsive enough...often take longer time to reply. Probably they are too busy but I do not want to bear the risk of having to WAIT for their rescue in future when problem relating to the reno arises.

4. SOHO Interior - Designers are great, equally comparable to Kass. Even brought me to view their finished work (of cos, with the owner's permission). Meet up many times without hassle. The IDs (2 of them) were very patient and easy going and I feel great speaking with them....but I guess probably my expectation for response time is too high. Too many sub-cons under their wings and too complicated...but i'm still considering.

5. Intradesign - Clicked really well with the ID, change quotation many times. Saw their work as well and was pretty amazed, the material they use is clearly superior though price is high. But i guess high price for high quality which sounds fair. Still considering but very high chance.

The other 2 so call id firms not worth mentioning, they are either robbers or just pure contractors calling themselves IDs..

juz my 2 cts

So far I've been to a few of the ID firms....I can share my experience with them and hope to serve as a reference

1. Tau Interior - Very responsive, quotation is the fastest. However, the quotation is off my budget and a little more expensive than all other ID firms that I sourced. He mentioned that it is still negotiable but I'm wondering why didn't he give me a good price at the beginning? Other ID firms show me drawings but Tau looks more like a contractor rather than ID firm. He carries a measuring tape and do measuring at most time rather than giving me ideas while on site. Overall, he's a nice guy, he even drove me to view some of his ongoing projects.

2. Ideal House - Overall very responsive too, except that the id and I didn't really click :(. Design is also not appealing.

3. Kass Design - Very good designers, trully amazing but not responsive enough...often take longer time to reply. Probably they are too busy but I do not want to bear the risk of having to WAIT for their rescue in future when problem relating to the reno arises.

4. SOHO Interior - Designers are great, equally comparable to Kass. Even brought me to view their finished work (of cos, with the owner's permission). Meet up many times without hassle. The IDs (2 of them) were very patient and easy going and I feel great speaking with them....but I guess probably my expectation for response time is too high. Too many sub-cons under their wings and too complicated...but i'm still considering.

5. Intradesign - Clicked really well with the ID, change quotation many times. Saw their work as well and was pretty amazed, the material they use is clearly superior though price is high. But i guess high price for high quality which sounds fair. Still considering but very high chance.

The other 2 so call id firms not worth mentioning, they are either robbers or just pure contractors calling themselves IDs..

juz my 2 cts

HI Stagger,

Can share wif the ohter two id tats is not worth mentioning??? Thanks...

HI Stagger,

Can share wif the ohter two id tats is not worth mentioning??? Thanks...

Hi rosliluxe,

To protect them, i guess it is not so nice to disclose their identity..sorry abt that but one of them is in this forum...sometimes you juz gotta believe the other forumers...i was stubborn, i thot they are not so bad as mentioned but end up the forumers here are right. :)

Hi rosliluxe,

To protect them, i guess it is not so nice to disclose their identity..sorry abt that but one of them is in this forum...sometimes you juz gotta believe the other forumers...i was stubborn, i thot they are not so bad as mentioned but end up the forumers here are right. :)

Oopss...got id robber?